DVD disk help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DVD disk help

Post by TheMyth on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:36 pm

just bought Battlestar Galactica Season One on DVD, my problem is disk one won't read on any disk drive I have. DVD player, PC, portable DVD player, x-box 360.

I managed to get it to read once last night, but every other time the disk just keeps skipping, it's struggling to either recognise the disk or read the media on the disk.

But as I said above I have actually gotten the disk to read once.

Any ideas? anyone had something similar happen to them.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DVD disk help

Post by ragericho on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 pm

never happind to me mayb the disc is rooted ? have a look at the disc under bright natural light to see if it has marks or scratches you cant see under the house light & you could also try other peoples dvd players to make sure your not cursed.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YJ on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:55 pm

I've had a few that wont play or keep skipping on a certain player. Easiest thing to do would be to just exchange it, discs are manufactured as cheaply as possible and sometimes you get a crap one.

YJ
Y Not J?

Number of posts : 210
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Check the picture side of the disk for any scratches, marks, nicks. (Because the actual data is just underneath the photo/top of the disk, the information is stored not the plastic shiny side of the disk that is just the protection.) If it is scratched or marked there you are probably shot and need an new disk.

If not check the plastic side of the disk for major scratches. (that can be fixed) Check the outer edge for nicks or the inner spindle for cracks. (Can't be fixed) or if brand new possibly an area that is cloudy.

If it has a major scratch or has a cloudy area on the plastic you could get the disk resurfaced or buffed. Check with a local Video shop, CD exchange or maybe game shop they might have a profecional unit there. Do not under any cirstance waist your money on a cheap home buffing unit they don't work and will make your disk worse. I have a professional JFJ unit and it is well worth the $300 US I payed for it.

Or...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0paP2ekfg&feature=related

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down