Master Trader List & Feedback Thread

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master Trader List & Feedback Thread

Post by bowspearer on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 pm

+1 to The GoodDr. Thanks for the Hoist- arrived in perfect condition. Now to deal with the torturous dilenma of whether or not to actually remove the fists and weapons from the sprues heh.

EDIT: Would have done this sooner, but been caught up in my girlfriend's Muppets deal. Actually make this +2 because as an added bonus, entirely unintentional on his part but nonetheless, totally legendary, he managed to ship Hoist on a ROC figures assortment box, which I need a few of for storing my ROC figures til I get cases. Massive thanks for that.

Added to Profile

Last edited by bowspearer on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Number of posts : 242
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Kickin_It_Old_School/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:48 am

+1 to DaBigFella, thank you sir..

Added to Profile

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:59 am

Another +1 to Mahzian for a couple of more MOTU figs....

Added to Profile

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:11 pm

+1 for Dabigfella for the sweet DCSH's!

Added to Profile

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bowspearer on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:22 pm

I hate having to do this but -1 to Dabigfella.

Bought $400 worth of Muppets figures from him which I naturally assumed were complete. Photo was dark so it wasn't entirely clear just was or wasn't there. Besides, they could just as easily have been in storaqge due to displaying preferences. When I contacted him about the figures, there was no mention of either the Muppet Labs playset missing Beaker or the Comedian Fozzie figure missing the stand.

Picked the lot up from him on the way home from Canberra only to discover when we got home that the Beaker figure from the Muppet Labs Playset was missing along with one of the figure stands.

Contacted him about missing parts, was told that figures were sold "as is". My girlfriend is currently asleep and so I told him that I would have to ask her what she wanted to do about things.

He asked for clarification. I told him that she may well want to return the Muppet Labs Playset and Fozzie due to missing parts- that I would talk to her and find out.

The response I got back was essentially a polite "up yours", claiming that because the item isn't broken (when if it's missing parts when that hasn't been expressly stated by him, then it amounts to the same thing as selling an item that's broken without actually mentioning that is is broken) then it's not his problem.

We're not even talking about everything because of a couple of prolems, just 2 items out of $17 which amounts to less than $60 out of the entire $400 deal and with one of those items it was entirely on the grounds of him not being able to find the other stand lying around.

I realise the guy is currently in a tight spot financially, but not only is it no excuse for poor form and arguably even illegal (7 day cooling off period applies under Australian Law to any and all goods sold) but if there were as many expressions of interests for the Muppets figures as he implied, then surely some other interested party might not have an issue with those missing parts.

Last edited by bowspearer on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 am

I'm not going to dignify this with an argument, sufised to say I have 60 positive trading points, but, for trying to rort me as a "store" to get a "refund" for items clearly not in the pics, a -1 for bowspearer, and seriously guys, anyone dealing with bowspearer in the future, be prepared for the deal, outline ALL aspects of the deal, especially the condition of any item and what is included, even if you have posted any pics, and know that he is the most pedantic trader you will deal with, or think twice, I know I will now....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bowspearer on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:24 am

Some points of clarification here. First off, the 7 day cooling off period applies to ALL sales done, private, store or otherwise in Australia.

Secondly, as the fact that you had kept the boxes and inserts for all but two of the figures (which in the case of one of them, still had its inner tray) and the playsets (13/17 toys in total) proves that what was on display doesn't necessarily indicate what the items had. However forgetting about that point for a minute; there was nothing to indicate that those items were simply not stored for the purpose of display.

Afterall, that was what the picture was of the items- simply how they were displayed, not individual photos of the items which clearly showed what was and was not there with them.

Had you indicated to me in a PM when listing the items that Fozzie was actually missing his stand and that Beaker was in fact missing (considering we're talking about a 6" action figure here, it's reasonable to presume it hasn't gone missing), then while my girlfriend in all likelihood would have passed on the Muppet Labs playset, she may well have still picked up the Fozzie figure. However both have turned into a nasty surprise for her now.

Furthermore, listing missing pieces from items is something I always do when I sell off parts of my collection, no matter how minor the issue might be- so I am expecting no more of you than I would automatically do myself as a seller and something which I simply consider as reasonable seller ethics.

Third, she and I were fully aware of the fact that these were in a package deal. As such while they were individually listed privately as $40 for the Muppet Labs playset and $20 for Comedian Fozzie, we were well aware that you had not priced them as such considering you were doing the lot for $400 instead of $440. The next question, had you done the reasonable thing would have been how much you were doing each for as part of a package, which I am imagining would possibly have been around the $40 mark for both and which we would have accepted. Thus there is clearly no "rort" here, just an attempt to pursue her legal rights here when something was not as it was described.

Finally your other trades here are irrelevant in light of your conduct here. Maybe those other trades might have gone smoothly, however this is a trade where you did not list things properly, and my girlfriend had me contact you about this, only to have you effectively give me the finger in terms of your response and attitude. Furthermore when I was left with no choice but to raise the matter publicly and leave negative feedback, you used spin and retaliatory feedback, as in fact before I got down to Canberra from the Central Coast and discovered the issue, you had actually left positive feedback for me.

While those 60+ positive trades show what happens when things are simple; this trade clearly shows how you handle sales where the buyer has genuine issues and is trying to reach a reasonable solution with you.

What is highly ironic here is that this was my girlfriend's first major purchase of action figures after getting into the hobby with me, from one of the owners of an action figure community, who you'd think would be interested in actually growing the action figure collecting community within Australia.

Yet all you've done here is give her a massively bad taste in the mouth over what should have been a positive experience for her- to the point where she has told me that considering your response, she now no longer has any intention of attending any future Paramatta Fairs because she wants nothing more to do with you. Her words specifically were "I will not set one foot in that place while he's there".

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:51 am

Ah, ok, um, I won't wade into an argument, but guys /\ this is what you should expect when dealing with bowspearer....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bowspearer on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:59 am

Actually this should tell them exactly what they can expect when there's a problem and the person I'm dealing with acts in a manner which is neither fair, reasonable nor ethical.

So for anyone who might try to pull a fast one like DBF did, by knowingly selling figures to my girlfriend with missing parts not bothering to be upfront about it- only tio then effectively give my girlfriend the finger in response to her having a problem with it, please do take note that it wont be tolerated by me.

However for aqnyone who is fair, honest and in the unfortunate event of a problem, reasonable; TheGoodDr and Shocka (who are the two other people I've dealt with here) can both attest to smooth transactions, for the simple reason that there were neither nasty surprises there nor more importantly, a lack of accountability had there actually been any nasty surprises.

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:30 am

Ok, this is the last on the matter, as this is a feedback thread, not an open discussion thread, bowspearer, if you wish to continue, take it to pm's, as any more posts from you from this point on OTHER than to give feedback will be deleted, and i'll be making no more posts other than to give feedback.

People here know me, i've dealt with most of you, and you know i go a little extra to keep our community a happy little place to come and enjoy our hobby. What i won't do is suffer fools easily, which is what has happened here, i am selling off a collection that has taken 15 years to collect, my choice i know, but i won't have "fools" try to take advantage of my situation, so we end up with this situation. I'll wear the negative point, but my negative to bowspearer is not mearly retalliation, it is a genuine warning to others thinking about dealing with him.......End of story....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 am

+1 Mahzian
+1 TheSweetestThing
+1 shocka
All very easy people to trade with!
An extra couple of feedbacks from another top year of the motuc group orders:
a BIG +1 each to
Sledge Hammer!
NiteOwl
TheDark

Added to Profile

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Just to mention, the above has been noted. Feedback will be updated soon, and some new rules will come into effect regarding trades on this forum.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Are we using the rolling feedback system or the add feedback to your original thread post system? I've been using the latter.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:32 pm

All feedback should be added in this thread, it gets updated every month or two.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:22 pm

simmo wrote:All feedback should be added in this thread, it gets updated every month or two.

No probs, I've just been leaving my feedback on the first page. Just realised I've past the 50 mark </ raises bat to the crowd />

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bowspearer on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:30 am

+1 to Mahzian. MOTUC figures exactly as described and could not have been easier to deal with.

Added to Profile

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:18 am

+1 to Dabigfella - Wonder Twins are awesome, nephew loved the SHS Surfer. Cheers!

Added to Profile

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:35 am

+1 to DBF here too, great lot of figures - much love!

Cheers Very Happy

Added to Profile

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:04 am

+1 each for Sweetest and Fuzzcat, great transactions!

Added to Profile

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Aaaaand a BIG +1 to Hemish for being a very generous superstar!

Added to Profile

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Awwwwww

Big +1 for Octane for hooking me up with the ghostbusters
Thanks again

Added to Profile

Hemish
Likes a good dead camel pillow

Number of posts : 902
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile http://www.katoots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCollector on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm

+1 to The Scream Man for 3 Marvel figs

and where's my score???

Added to Profile

TheCollector

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-04-09

View user profile http://card.mygamercard.net/wxIRONMANxw.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:03 am

Can I just add something here for when the rules regarding trades here are changed (if they haven't already)? The 7 day cooling off period does not apply here as there are no sales of things such as houses, property, cars or generally anything that requires a written and signed contract. I imagine you could argue the point if you did have a legally binding contract written up, but let's just use logic and assume that will never happen here.

Protection for consumers regarding buying from a store is to do with the store's policy and their legal requirement to supply you with something that does what it is intended to do. In other words, a store does not have to refund money for anything you purchase. They may do so (or even exchange), but they are not required by law.
They must, however, supply you with what you purchased. If you buy a vacuum cleaner, it must work and do everything as advertised. If it doesn't, you are only entitled by law to a replacement.

As this is a community of people and not stores (TheGoodDr's affiliation with Figures Direct aside, obviously), none of these laws and practices apply here.

This is just a general outline going on the NSW Office of Fair Trading information, not actual legal advice and small differences are probably found between states, however it is highly unlikely that we will have a situation here that would ever need to become a legal issue (or at least not one that any court would take seriously).

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

+1 Mahzian (DC GL)
+1 Shocka (DC GL)
+1 BoloMusashi (DC GL)
+2 Hemish (GB + DC GL)

Added to Profile

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:20 pm

+1 to The Scream Man for my Skywarp Masterpiece which was waiting for me upon my return from Newcastle today. Now all I have to do is redisplay

Added to Profile

Blaster

Number of posts : 383
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next