1/6 Scale goodness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1/6 Scale goodness

Post by The Scream Man on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:46 am

So I'd been umming and Ahhing some 12" figures for soem time now, and eventually took the plunge this last week. Im paying a freidn off slowly to get Deunan and Briarios from Hot Toys Appleseed figures, and should have Tereus arriving any day now.

But yesterday I was in Hobbyco, saw a Predator and figured why not? $270 is an expensive toy, but Linda and I got bonuses this month so I splurged.

and now i may be officially hooked!

the scale is just so HUGE comapred to other toys i have. It feels large and solid. The armour looks great, the movement in the figure is awesome. I DID have the right arm come straight out of the socket; looks like the screw was to small to fit in properly. I used some green stuff and puttied it in. I lose a small amount of movement, but the arm basically holds every shape i try so I'm not to worried.

The question now is.....who's next? Maybe the new Obi Wan? The Sideshow LOTR stuff? More Predators/Aliens stuff/

Goddamit Im hooked again.....

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1/6 Scale goodness

Post by Rat Fink on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:05 am

$270 and the arm "broke"??. I'd be taking it right back. I too like the scale but my space is limited enough as it is.

Post some pics, Scream.

Rat Fink

Number of posts : 173
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:25 am

Meh. It took 2 minutes to fix, and idf I never told anyone u would never know it was busted. Sides, I was excited to have it!

Just as excited as i was when Tereus arrived today. And Im pretty sure his knee is detached from the bottom of his leg/. Now it feels like the joint has popped below the knee, so i should be able to click it in....except the rubber bodysuit means i cant see it.

Does anyone have a Hot toys normal body that I can see the knee joint on? Is it the same as the predator joint?

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMyth on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:39 am

ahh, you are doomed good sir. welcome to the world of 12" goodness.

Between the dark knight, star wars and the upcoming iron man 12"ers I'm broke!

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Well so far 2 out of 2 have been brokebn. i fixed the Predator and tereus is displayable but....Is this really how it is? $300 a toy and they are all busted?

WHY are we doignt hat again?

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rat Fink on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:34 pm

The Scream Man wrote:Well so far 2 out of 2 have been brokebn. i fixed the Predator and tereus is displayable but....Is this really how it is? $300 a toy and they are all busted?

That was my point initially, Screamy.

For that money, I would expect A class stuff, not popped joints.

Rat Fink

Number of posts : 173
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIELDY on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Rat Fink, the stuff is A class, its just not handled correctly - I know of one guy who works the buses and lives in Pyrmont - who ordered every LOTR statue or 12 " available.

His direct instructions from Sideshow etc was to label every side of the box with fragile GLASS stickers in fluro. All items were to be delivered after 5pm, which was cool by me it equaled OT.

Every second one I delivered was damaged no matter how carefull I was with it, as I knew the logo and being a collector respected the freight.

He eventually lost it as Sideshow said no to replacing anymore breakages after 5 returns. Told the boss and he checked the video footage of it entering our depot. The unloaders also knew what it was and purposely threw them round and against the cages. they were sacked for it, and their response was " Any grown man that plays or buys toys is a gay **** and deserves to have it broken".

Nice huh, same happened to a guy who runs a Star Wars online business - SAGA CENTRAL - if it said SW Exclusive - they shoved spikes through it.

FIELDY
Has Phillipinos coming in through the back door

Number of posts : 385
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:18 pm

FIELDY wrote:they were sacked for it, and their response was " Any grown man that plays or buys toys is a gay **** and deserves to have it broken".

And just how the hell would they know it wasn't for a kid? Intelligence levels showing right there...

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIELDY on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:23 pm

I dont think they care Sweetest, you should see what they do to the freight for the North Shore or richer suburbs, the attitude is they can afford it.

Fedex lost its biggest account with Microsoft, it was a couple 100 thousands of dollars of freight a year, the updates come out every 2 weeks, and they get mailed to companies etc. You end up with about 20 extra drops on the monday or tuesday. most company's dont want it, so then drivers just starting chucking it all even if it was residential and you did want it. Company gets sick of complaints and goes elsewhere - monkeys still have the jobs.

I know guys who hate a customer, can see its a birthday present as its wrapped that way and purposely delay it by a week, invoice says gift, same as businesses at home with multiple freight - the idea is break it/ lose it - they'll go elsewhere and its less work for the driver. Its stupid but it happens - alot.

FIELDY
Has Phillipinos coming in through the back door

Number of posts : 385
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Ok, its day 3 of fiddlign with predator. Ive had:

* The arm came off like i said. Puttied it back into place before i thought of taking photos.

*Speartip broke. Kinda my fault, I had it attached to his back and tilted his head back without thinking. Snapped right off. I hlued it on, but it wont extend anymore. Annoying, but my fault. im to used to ML and DCUC weapons made of soft plastic.

*Pin to one wrist broke. The toy has alternate hands. i put one in, then chaged my mind. Pulled it out, ad the hand came off leaving the ball in the wrist. Tried to get the ball out, accidentally snapped the peg. Again, my fault, I shouldve been more careful. Alt hand is the one for holding the spear anyway, so it's not so bad.

so 2 out of 3 were me, but i still feel kinda annoyed. Ive collected toys my whole life, I know how and where to be careful, and these guys are pricey. Im gonna try a Sideshow LOT figure and see if that's any mor durable...

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMyth on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 am

sideshow are more durable, but you have to remember hot toys are very fragile.

the appearence and quality of HT is much better than SS, but yeah, SS can take a little more heavy handedness.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creecher on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah, Hot Toys are very fragile. The wrist pins are notorious for breaking.

Always keep documentation of your purchase. You're best going through your seller, if it's not a private person, who probably has an account with Hot Toys, and will be able to guide you to getting a replacement or spares. They normally require a picture of the damage as well. You can try contacting Hot Toys direct, but you'll have to be patient, 'cause they're quick to send a standard reply, if quick is a week of more. Sometimes they do come through though.

$270. affraid I'd be buying of an ebay store in Hong Kong if I were you.

creecher

Number of posts : 15
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:41 am

I'll get them cheaper from now on I think, depending what it is. I got a she- peed for 240shipped which seems ok. Paying 250 each for briarios and deunan. I suspect I'll fork out big bucks for a rocketeer at some point too.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xenoviper on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:43 am

yes .... 1/6th is evil and addictive.... kekeke Twisted Evil

xenoviper

Number of posts : 29
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile http://www.xenoviper.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

So got my She Predator which is just amazing. THIS is what Id hoped for with the /6 scale stuff! Just looks incredible.

Also got Sideshow LOTR Aragorn and Legolas from Casefresh. Both arent bad, but arent great either. i like em enough to grab the rest of the line, but im not over the moon either u know?

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top