DCUC - The master thread

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DCUC - The master thread

Post by BoloMusashi on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm

I want to get a sub but it's too much coin for me to put down.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm

so hope this goes ahead, I can understand people not opting in because of the cost but was not expecting the backlash over the character choices e.g. "if they aren't doing earth 2 supergirl as she appeared in 4 issues in the 60's then no sale!" like seriously, I think people forget it was not that long ago that we had scuba ninja fluro batman variants

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:59 pm

i like all 3 of the characters shown so far....

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:22 am

same here, although I'm a pretty huge DC fanboy so I'd buy just about anything Very Happy It's weird seeing the backlash though, it seems to be more on facebook than here or the matty forums

Mahzian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Put in my order for the sub last night.

It seems to be at 50%.

5 days left.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:29 am

59%.

Is today the last day?

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:37 am

Artistix wrote:59%.

Is today the last day?

Tomorrow maybe (factoring in time zones). As I said, I would love to sign up for a sub but the financial commitment is too huge. I'm waiting for MattyCollector to act like a standard e-tailer and just sell singles and waves etc.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Want a bet that they extend it yet again....

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:51 am

From mattycollector.com:

"Today’s the last day of our subscription sale. We wanted to let you know that if the meter doesn’t end up at 100% by the end of the day, we’ll have an update for you later this week".

Why would they need to provide an "update" if it doesn't reach 100%? They have straight-out said that if it doesn't reach 100%, then there is no DCUC, although the "mainstream" DC line which appeals to "moms" will continue in store.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:14 am

fear marketing I'm guessing, scare the fans with the promise of not releasing unless they buy enough then release anyway. At this point though I'm actually hoping thats the case so we can still get these figures.

Mahzian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:00 pm

From Toy Guru at mattycollector.com about DCUC subscription:

If the sub goes through it will be at the advertised price.

However, we are exploring the possibilty of higher prices for non sub holders who buy product day of (i.e. cherry pickers). This is similar to how magaiznes cost more at a news stand vs. having a subscription. This is only one of many options we are exploring based on the subscription numbers we got (less then the needed 100%) and is not at all the direction we are for sure going in. Right now we are just exploring many options to see if anything is possible to keep the sub alive based on the lower then expected sub interest.

But for those who bought a sub, if the sub goes forward you are locked in to the advertised prices even if maybe possibly day of prices goes up slightly (1 or 2 dollars).

If the sub is canceled, yes of course full refunds will be given for any charges!

I'm not particularly impressed by the idea of charging non-subscribers MORE simply because they don't want or cannot afford everything in a subscription. I would prefer to see the subscribers REWARDED than the cherry pickers PUNISHED.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diabolikprime on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 am

Xenaphobia wrote:From Toy Guru at mattycollector.com about DCUC subscription:

If the sub goes through it will be at the advertised price.

However, we are exploring the possibilty of higher prices for non sub holders who buy product day of (i.e. cherry pickers). This is similar to how magaiznes cost more at a news stand vs. having a subscription. This is only one of many options we are exploring based on the subscription numbers we got (less then the needed 100%) and is not at all the direction we are for sure going in. Right now we are just exploring many options to see if anything is possible to keep the sub alive based on the lower then expected sub interest.

But for those who bought a sub, if the sub goes forward you are locked in to the advertised prices even if maybe possibly day of prices goes up slightly (1 or 2 dollars).

If the sub is canceled, yes of course full refunds will be given for any charges!

I'm not particularly impressed by the idea of charging non-subscribers MORE simply because they don't want or cannot afford everything in a subscription. I would prefer to see the subscribers REWARDED than the cherry pickers PUNISHED.

I think it's a great idea. The subscribers get the figures they want and the cherry pickers who complained that they didn't want to be locked into a subscription get to pick and choose the exact figures they want too. What's $1-2 compared to the prices they will eventually pay on ebay? It's not punishment as I see it... THEY ARE GIVING EVERYONE WHAT THEY WANT! Sheesh... there is no pleasing everybody. Rolling Eyes

diabolikprime

Number of posts : 324
Trading Status : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 am

A couple dollars isn't going to be an issue for me. I'd rather buy the stuff I want rather than get locked into a deal where I'm forced to pay for things I don't want.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 am

I bought 2 DCUC subs as I thought there was no way it would go through!! Laughing

So next year I will have a spare figure each month. People are free to contact me if they want any of them. They will cost whatever I pay for them.

I am fine with non subbers paying a few bucks more for the Matty products. Easy for me to say ofcourse! Wink

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 am

For me it's just more about Toy Guru's choice of terminology. Instead of talking about subscribers paying "discounted prices", he talks about charging the non-subscribers "higher prices".

Coupled with his past comments about "cherry pickers", it gives the impression that he's not that interested in the "cherry picker" market.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diabolikprime on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 am

Xenaphobia wrote:For me it's just more about Toy Guru's choice of terminology. Instead of talking about subscribers paying "discounted prices", he talks about charging the non-subscribers "higher prices".

Coupled with his past comments about "cherry pickers", it gives the impression that he's not that interested in the "cherry picker" market.

I'm not suprised considering all the fuss they made. This was a rare opportunity that a lot of people who do cherry pick complained about. For me it was either get a subscription or simply... don't. Now that the possibility of it actually happening has been brought forward do those same people still have a right to complain? I mean Mattel have tried to be a diplomatic as they can with this. This subscription to me was all about collectors collecting a line that they love not just collecting 1 or 2 of their favourite heroes or villains. MOTUC has proven this... if you give a little, you get back a whole lot more. In the big scheme of things what is another $1-2? Geez... everyone wins. I'm just thankful that this line may still continue and in a years time people will be kicking themselves that they didn't have a little more faith. Mattel are not bad... they gave guys like me every chance they could to keep something I (and them) love going a little longer. Even if I didn't subscribe I would happily pay an extra $1-2 for the figures I wanted. Xenaphobia this isn't aimed at you by the way... you are awesome. Smile

diabolikprime

Number of posts : 324
Trading Status : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:30 pm

diabolikprime wrote: Xenaphobia this isn't aimed at you by the way... you are awesome. Smile

That's just what my mum says!

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:14 am

Mattel has confirmed that the DCUC subscription is going ahead. The exclusive is Metron.

Non-subscribers will pay more for each figure, but the price for subscribers is locked at the initial prices.

Mattel MAY be re-opening up the DCUC subscription to allow people to purchase.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:15 am

Full announcement from mattycollector.com:

Hi DC Universe Club Infinite Earths fans!

We have some good news...the 2012 DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program is moving forward! As you know, we did not hit the number of subscribers we were seeking for the club, but we know that there are some very passionate DC Universe fans, so we found a way to make the program work.

Current subscribers will get 6" and oversized figures according to the schedule that was originally communicated at San Diego Comic Con and online. All figures that have been revealed will be part of the subscription program.

In order to make the program work, we needed to raise prices for day-of sales. So if you are NOT a subscriber, you will be paying more for the figures on the day of the sale. The good news for subscribers is that you are locked in at the subscription rates previously advertised.

And the even better news is that we are exploring re-opening the subscription program for a limited window of time. We've heard fans online posting that they wish that they had subscribed, so now you'll get that chance. Be on the lookout for more details and dates next week.

We still have more good news, we are excited to reveal the winning club exclusive figure...Metron! So all of the subscribers will get their very own Metron, along with his Mobius Chair!

All of this good news will hopefully mean a fabulous start to the weekend for all of the DC Universe fans!

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:41 am

such good news, I'm really enjoying the DCnU and will probably get the new retail line based on those characters but will be great to get stuff from different eras through the sub, so much potential there, I hope it continues long enough so we get some big stuff like Batmobiles and playsets!

Mahzian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:54 am

That Morbius Chair should look awesome!

Can't wait to see Poison Ivy. I hope she is not too simple.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 am

Im psyched its going through, and can tell u right now there will be figures Ill sell people at the price I pay, so u wont have to pay inflated prices for them. Right away I dont want Metron or Poison ivy.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 am

The Scream Man wrote: Right away I dont want Metron or Poison ivy.

You're insane.

Razz

I know Screamy doesn't collect the villians. I thought Metron might be 'on the fence' enough for you to keep...especially with that awesome chair!

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:26 am

Classic Catwoman from NYCC:

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC04135.jpg

I'm hoping she'll be easily available from certain online sellers like the current Batman Legacy figures.

They've also shown a bunch of variants/re-paints, including: Super Powers Batman (with "battle-damage"), a Azrael (sp?) variant, a Super Powers Penguin variant and a few coloured lantern variants. Oh and Larfleeze (sp?). And the club exclusive with the chair (Metron?).

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=310&itemid=17802

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 pm

My local comic store Comics Etc (Brisbane) has Wave 20 of DCUC in stock ($25 each) and Wave 2 of Batman Legacy - Catman, Silver age Batman and Batgirl ($20 each)

Mahzian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next