Red Hulk BAF Series Pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Red Hulk BAF Series Pics

Post by YJ on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:18 pm

Some thought on this wave

Red Hulk- looks great, good size. In the top three for this series along with Union Jack and Spiral.

X-Force Wolverine- looks good, but it's hard to get excited about another Wolverine.

Black Costume Spider-Man- For some reason the only black costume Spidey I have on the shelf has silver paint on the chest/eyes instead of this one's more classic looking white which works better. This version mostly uses one of the generic Hasbro sculpts which works fantastically for Union Jack in this same wave.

Adam Warlock - oh dear. I don't understand why Hasbro didn't pick one of the more interesting Warlock designs. A bit meh for me unfortunately, which looks like it might be the case with the upcoming Nova as well. With the success of Annihilation and Guardians of the Galaxy we'll hopefully see more of Marvel's cosmic characters (especially Gamora, Pip, and Drax).

Silver Savage- I liked the Planet Hulk book so I'm glad to see Hasbro have done a few characters from the PHU. Good but not great.

Union Jack- I've always loved the Union Jack costume, it would be pretty hard for Hasbro to have stuffed this one up and I'm happy to say they haven't. The best of this series.

Spiral- Nice to finally have the figure that feels like it's been due out for a few years. Sculpt and paintjob looks great, the arms can move about pretty freely. Would have liked it if she came with six swords though. Don't even think about displaying this one without the helmet though, has a bad case of hat hair.

YJ
Y Not J?

Number of posts : 210
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:02 pm

This is a really good series...best one yet from hasbro.

Shame about Adam Warlock's skin tone being very very wrong. I know it's a bland choice of costume, but I'm happy cause it's the one I like. Wish the gauntlet was swappable with a normal hand though.

The other nit pick I've got is the ankle joints on Black Spidey. There haven't been many comments about the application of the "elbro" to the ankle joint, but here it really stops you from posing Spidey in any crouching pose.

I'm also very pleasantly surprised by Rulk...I wasn't keen on him at all, but he just looks so cool and powerful that I've decided to keep him.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:12 am

i won a Union Jack on ebay, so Im glad u liked him Smile

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:24 am

Just collected my set of seven from the Post Office courtesy of the Big Bad Toy Store. Fast delivery, well packed and the great thing is the Spiral figure is the gold variant with helmet off. All in all a solid series although they could have substituted a new character in place of another black version of Spidey or another Wolverine. Hope '09 brings some more second and third tier figures like Union Jack and Guardian. I would love to build on to the Invader and Alpha Flight team of figures produced so far.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Iceman

Number of posts : 6
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:08 pm

Iceman wrote:...and the great thing is the Spiral figure is the gold variant with helmet off.
Gold variant?!

Suspect

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1509
Trading Status : 23
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMyth on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:55 pm

DroothR wrote:
Iceman wrote:...and the great thing is the Spiral figure is the gold variant with helmet off.
Gold variant?!

Suspect

yup, GOLD (weapons) variant with helmet off.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:01 am

Huh...that's the one I got. Didn't realise it was a variant. What a lame variant.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Picked up today from the post office....gotta say I'm pretty damn happy with this wave....may get rid of the wolvie but the rest are keepers......have started chopping away to make the silver surfer a standard one but that will be pretty easy.

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:15 pm

who is the red hulk?

MAN

Number of posts : 276