Casefresh

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Casefresh

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:58 am

i wasnt sure where to put this, so move if need be...

Ive been buying from Casefresh for many many years. But...have they gotten slower? i mena i ordered some Star wars stuff off them on September 10th. i finally got a shipping notification yesterday that says they left Sunday (Which is weird) and still havent recieved em. Now 2/3 days from sending is pretty lame from the other side of Sydney, considering i have had things that people on ebay send on a tuesday get hewre Wednesday coming from Brissy or melbourne. but i can order a product from Hong Kong on a Thursday, pay Friday and get it by Tuesday the week after, all at just the noirmal shipping rates. Im not sure why Im 13 days into something and am yet to recieve my goods!

this isnt a huge deal, and Im not suggesting not using Casefresh, nor will I never uuse them aagin myself or anything. But i DO think it's pretty poor for such a well known retailer to have such a poor, slow turnaround for goods sent. I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casefresh

Post by ragericho on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:59 am

Yea they have got a slot slower,i dont know what there problem is but if it was my store id do the best i can to send items right away,the spend $90 and get free shipping is a bit of bull as well as they mark up there stuff to cover that EG $29.50 for neca figs and $25.95 @ kings comics.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:24 am

maybe busier than usual, but they`re definately not as sharp as they used to be. As for postage, I`m sure I used to pay around $6 per fig or a few combined (about right from there to here) but the last time I used them i bought a spawn fig on sale, $1.99, thinking I was getting a good deal and was charged $12 postage (not such a good deal).
Had trouble with Minotaur aswell recently, may have been a one off, but their customers service is lame!
Also, that`s pretty fast from Melb or brissy. It takes on average five days for anything to reach me from out of state.

HAL

Number of posts : 161
Trading Status : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:39 am

5 days was something from SA and Perth, but thats expected.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:32 am

It was mentioned in another thread, but the operators used to run cf as their only buisness, but have recently returned to full time jobs, meaning slower email replys and much slower send times, not too sure how much longer we will see them in buisness as they are now......

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by behemoth on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:00 am

Weren't they supposed to update their site with DCUC months ago?

behemoth

Number of posts : 197
Trading Status : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 am

Getting O/T, but do Case Fresh receive stock of DCUC? Or were they simply planning to at one point and it never eventuated?

As for email reply and shipping times. Receiving confirmation of my last few orders was a little slower than usual, but I also typically wait for their sales and I simply assumed they were busier than usual at these times.

The actual shipping (once the order was confirmed and paid) always seemed to progress pretty rapidly and I could expect receipt within 3-4 days (live in Brisbane, Queensland).

Further, while I'm not a MOC collector, I have the upmost respect of their packing and handling and everything always arrives in superb condition.

So, from my POV, while the service has been a little slower than it used to be (I think when I first ordered from them many years ago, I had "same day" replies), I find it is more than worth the wait.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:28 am

oh Im a longtime Casefresh user. i have no issue witht heir packing or anything like that., Stuff is fair priced (Mostly) and always arrives in good shape.

Its just takes forever.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mse6 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Dabigfella wrote:It was mentioned in another thread, but the operators used to run cf as their only buisness, but have recently returned to full time jobs, meaning slower email replys and much slower send times, not too sure how much longer we will see them in buisness as they are now......

They have not gone back to being backyard weekend collectors/retailers. I think someone is feeding you a lot of bullshit as this statement is totally untrue and the source may have actaully been on the sauce... drunken

If you are unhappy with any business, be it in VIC, NSW, QLD or WA, then stop shopping with them. IF you don't agree with any companies terms&conditions then you don't have to buy from them. I stopped buying from 'a shop that can not be named' (MM), not because of price or shipping but because of my experience with 'customer service'.

mse6
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 273
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.mousedroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Yeah, I've noticed a decline in how quick they take over my last few purchases. I can say however that I've never ever bought anything from them and had to pay postage...always bought in bulk. So I don't know about that side of things.

However, these days I only buy through them if theres a sale or theres something there I can't find elsewhere.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:34 pm

mse6 wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:It was mentioned in another thread, but the operators used to run cf as their only buisness, but have recently returned to full time jobs, meaning slower email replys and much slower send times, not too sure how much longer we will see them in buisness as they are now......

They have not gone back to being backyard weekend collectors/retailers. I think someone is feeding you a lot of bullshit as this statement is totally untrue and the source may have actaully been on the sauce... drunken

If you are unhappy with any business, be it in VIC, NSW, QLD or WA, then stop shopping with them. IF you don't agree with any companies terms&conditions then you don't have to buy from them. I stopped buying from 'a shop that can not be named' (MM), not because of price or shipping but because of my experience with 'customer service'.
Nah, a very reliable source, makes alot of sense to me actually, but as always, time will be the best teller of stories. To me the hunger they had has gone. I remember them starting out at Parra with one table selling star wars only, then just exploding into everything and taking the entire stage at parra, now, no personal appearences, loosing some of that cf magic, i can see their time being taken up with other things (be it work or whatever) and can see them slinking into the eather of online shops....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YJ on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:48 am

CF have been about this slow for me all year so it's now just something I accept and factor in when dealing with them. Other than that no problems, Daisy is always friendly and helpful and the items I order always arrive in excellent condition.

YJ
Y Not J?

Number of posts : 210
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:49 am

YJ wrote: Daisy is always friendly and helpful and the items I order always arrive in excellent condition.

Yeah, she's a nice gal that Daisy.

They had the Doctor Who figures listed as 'upcoming' on their site for a long time but I see they have taken it down.

I ordered the Star Trek TWOK figures from them not long ago. But they were slightly pre-ordered figures at the time (ariving that week sometime) so I gathered it would take a week or two to reach me.

I've used them many times in the past...but I don't remember how long things took to happen. I barely remember yesterday. scratch

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reillyd on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:22 pm

To quote Mark Twain, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

Casefresh is still sending me packages, but I have noticed they're getting slow at listing some of their toylines (eg Transformers Animated & Universe, or Doctor Who). But they're still updating their star wars pages, and still shipping my toys on time. It would be a real shame if they ever were to close, as they offer Hasbro stock that other retail chains pass at and we would otherwise never see in Australia.

If you have a source who can ship you toys from HK that leave on Friday and arrive Wednesday, please tell me who. I would kill for that type of shipping "all at the normal shipping rates". Not trying to be a smart-ass here, but I really want to know who I can order from that offers that type of service.

reillyd

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:12 am

Sorry to repeat, but do Case Fresh receive DCUC figures (and just don't update their website) or did they only plan to receive DCUC figures but never did?

I'm keen to get into DCUC, but I don't want to buy cases of figures from the US and I try to avoid Evil-Bay as much as possible, so buying from an Aussie retailer would be my preferred option (when I can't buy them in-store).

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:10 am

reillyd wrote:To quote Mark Twain, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

Casefresh is still sending me packages, but I have noticed they're getting slow at listing some of their toylines (eg Transformers Animated & Universe, or Doctor Who). But they're still updating their star wars pages, and still shipping my toys on time. It would be a real shame if they ever were to close, as they offer Hasbro stock that other retail chains pass at and we would otherwise never see in Australia.

If you have a source who can ship you toys from HK that leave on Friday and arrive Wednesday, please tell me who. I would kill for that type of shipping "all at the normal shipping rates". Not trying to be a smart-ass here, but I really want to know who I can order from that offers that type of service.

www.toy-wave.com

Sometimes it takes a week, and it depends what day u order, but ive never waited longer than a week and a half.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:36 am

Xenaphobia

I`m not the best authority on these but would hate to see you have to ask a third time Very Happy Scroll down to Pixo`s post, that`s about the last I heard of these regarding Casefresh. Don`t know if it still applies.

http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com/toys-figures-and-statues-f1/dcuc-where-to-get-from-t187-15.htm?sid=8879b7334b03c32eebd6486798a03c17

HAL

Number of posts : 161
Trading Status : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:10 am

Thanks HAL.

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reillyd on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks Scream Man. They don't stock any of the Hasbro star wars stuff, but they've got great prices on Hasbro/Tak Transformers.

reillyd

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:18 am

No they mainly do stuff out of Japan. i get my saint seiya and macross stuff from there, plus the other occasional odd and end.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightcrawler on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:24 am

I recently placed an order with CF and they shipped the next day. Still took a week to reach me, so I think maybe it's more to do with Aus Post and their 'e-parcel' service that CF uses. If it's anything like sending registered it adds an extra two days at least to receiving the damn thing.

Nightcrawler

Number of posts : 225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:50 am

Still took a week to reach me, so I think maybe it's more to do with Aus Post and their 'e-parcel' service that CF uses. If it's anything like sending registered it adds an extra two days at least to receiving the damn thing.

That makes no sense at all. Sending something Registered DOES NOT add any time to receiving a parcel. Sending something e-parcel wouldn't delay anything either......e-parcels are still delivered like any other package sent Aust Post.....by Aust Post or one of their contractors.
I would be extremely sceptical of the date of said despatch rather than blaming Aust Post for parcel delivery delay.....Being in NSW you SHOULD receive a package either the very NEXT DAY (if you live Metro) or within 48hrs if you're Regional.
It takes a WEEK (often less) for a parcel I send from here in WA to be received by a customer in NSW, VIC or QLD.
Having a Contract with Aust Post results in faster delivery times, not slower.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by mse6 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:26 pm

just check your tracking number and you can see where it is.
Next day is something called EXPRESS POST, usually 1-2 days for letters.

mse6
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.mousedroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightcrawler on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Here's the listing from my eparcel delivery. EIGHT DAYS from when it was sent to arrival in Lismore.

22/09/2008 13:04 Delivered LISMORE POST SHOP
22/09/2008 06:31 Carded - awaiting collection LISMORE POST SHOP
22/09/2008 01:11 In transit LISMORE DC
14/09/2008 16:45 Manifest received TAREN POINT BC
14/09/2008 16:40 Manifest accepted TAREN POINT BC

Nightcrawler

Number of posts : 225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:43 pm

14/09/2008 16:45 Manifest received TAREN POINT BC
14/09/2008 16:40 Manifest accepted TAREN POINT BC

This I find interesting.....14th September is a Sunday. I know NSW have deregulated trading hours, but Aust Post operating on a Sunday?
The 14th is the day the parcel detail has been entered into the e-parcel online system by CF (the Manifest). When they actually delivered the parcel to the DC or had it picked up by the DC only CF would know. The manifest date IS NOT the parcel SENT date.....

And MSE, if you send anything in the metro area before 5.00pm it will be delivered by Aust Post the NEXT Day if the recipient is also in the metro area (of the same state). Don't give me your two cents about express post OK. Express Post is a guaranteed overnight delviery of parcels/letters from one state to another (metro to metro area of course).

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next