Hemble's Customs - Face of Death!!! P8 05/07/09

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hemble's Customs - Face of Death!!! P8 05/07/09

Post by hemble on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am

Hi All

When I completed the 3-3/4" Terminator dio I decided to pick up a 6" version T-800 and do him with damaged flesh. I also wanted to add real cloth to him to see how it would turn out and I was more then happy with the results. The Terminator had to have a little extra work done to it namely extra details on the body which was done by using a scribing tool and scribing extra lines into the body.

When the figure was completed it was painted using Vallejo, GW paints and the base was painted using Vallejo paints and then Pastels were used to weather the base.

RECIPE

Terminator - The left side of the figure is a Playmates 6" figure all in all not a bad figure for a play toy it just needed some extra detail added to the endoskeleton as mentioned above. The right side of the figure was a Marvel Punisher body I had to completely cut both figures in half and combine them by cut and sanding to get the desired fit.

The right arm is again the Marvel Punishers arm and has been cut and modified to fit the Playmates Terminator parts. The right side of the head is a marvels Magento head and was cut in half and the same for the terminator head, once all parts were glued together I used putty to add flesh, hair and damaged flesh.

For the pants I used an old pair of 1/6 scale pants cut down to size sewed them up and glued them into place, the torn shirt was what was left over from the 1/6 pants. The Jacket was a Marvels Wolverine jacket and was ripped apart and glued inplace, the pistol/holster and machine gun are both from the Marvels Punisher figure.

Base - The base is built up using foam core the wall is some foam I had lying around and the metal support struts are pieces of wire twisted together and placed into position. The drum is from a Disney Indy figure and was cut in half and the pipes are pieces of old computer cable cut and the inside wires stripped and exposed, the metal beam is plasti rod.

Ron

hemble

Number of posts : 126
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://www.hemblecreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 pm

lol the flesh is always grossing me out LOL but u have those dio's down pat for sure, and the fig came up really well. he needs to be put in a more dynamic pose though! hehe

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am

Hi All

Forgotten Son - Thanks buddy and I have a few more Termies so I'll be doing dynamic poses in the next one.

Ron

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am

Hi All

When I did the 3-3/4" rope bridge dio I wanted to make a 12 inch Rope bridge dio just with Indy and after a finally completing a few other Indy diorama's decided to give it ago. I picked myself up another Sideshow Indy and got straight into making the dio and was more then happy with the end result.

I used Vallejo and GW paints on the figure and diorama and then used pastels to weather the diorama and Indy figure. I have to thank a friend of mine called MFisher over on Sideshow Freaks forums for putting me onto the pastels. These are without adoubt the best things to use when weathering models, scenery etc.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - Everything is from The Sideshow Toys Indy figure except the right arm which is from another figure and the shoes which are from Hasbro's 12 inch Indiana Jones figure. I removed the right sleeve and the small bead like buttons and replaced them using buttons from a Dragon WW2 American shirt.

2: Base - The cliff face I picked up from the local pet shop it's a foam back drop used in fish tanks, Once I got it home I cut out the desired length and height and used balsa wood as a frame and also for strength. Once the frame work was done I then used plaster of paris to cover the existing foam detailing to get the sand stone effect.

The rope bridge is a combination of balsa wood which was used for the blanks and a mixture of different sizes of rope which I got from the local hardware shop. The arrows were made using plasti rod and paper and once all the parts were connected and glued inplace I used Vallejo, GW paints and Pastels to paint and weather the entire diorama.

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Looks great as always my friend. Quick question, are all these in your personal collection, or most for others?

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:56 am

i was going ask the same thing. Do u have a picture of all these displays ina room or soemthing?

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Beautiful, Ron. I would love to see a group shot as well...if you do keep them.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:09 am

Hi All

Dabigfella wrote
Looks great as always my friend. Quick question, are all these in your personal collection, or most for others?

Appreciate the feedback mate and these last lot of of dio's/customs are in my collection but I do sell and make alot of stuff for people as well.

Ron

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:56 am

Hi All

While on patrol on the ice moon of Crutuk a small Imperial snow patrol stop and scan the local area for any rebel activity. The Snowtroopers recon unit only consist of a small two man operation and also a probe droid for extra scanning capabilities. The ice moon Crutuk hasn't got as thick snow cover like Hoth but it does still fall to minus 20 degrees at night but stays around 3 degrees during the day, the other problem the Troopers face is the constant rocky outcrops the plague the moon.

RECIPE

The figures - The Snowtroopers and Probe droid are from Hasbro the troopers are the VOTC troopers, I decided to go with the piant work that they come with instead on the whole white trooper I think that the white and Grey really work well together.
The troopers have had blasters added to them using blasters from some old Sandtroopers figures I have in the parts box, the bino's are from the parts box and the scanner in from the Hoth Solo figure with added parts and thin plasti card for antenna. The troopesr and droid where painted and drybrushed using Vallejo paints.

The Probe droid is staright from the box the only thing I did with it was to remove the thicker antenna and change them over with clothing pins to give it a more realistic look.

The Base - The bottom of the base is foam core and foam has then been used to build the hieght and I then cut and ripped the foam aprt to get the look I wanted. I then used plaster of paris and covered the whole base and once dry painted it using browns and pastels to get the desired look, Once that dried I used model railway snow and lightly covered the base until I got he look I wanted.

Ron

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Ooo that is nice.
Is still blows my mind that under those crappy hasbrow paint jobs are decent moulds just waiting to be released

Hemish
Likes a good dead camel pillow

Number of posts : 902
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile http://www.katoots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:04 am

yeh good job mate. nice subtle colours on the probe droid too, very effective

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:44 am

That looks fantastic. My only 'constructive criticism' would be that the snow isn't dense enough Wink But its still a great little piece!

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 am

That's just sweeeeet Ron!

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:02 am

gorgeous as always! it would be great to see some "making of" or behind the scenes images to see the process of how your stuff evolves Smile

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

If you ever decide to sell this particular piece Ron, LMK! Smile

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:16 am

Hi All

Forgotten Son wrote
yeh good job mate. nice subtle colours on the probe droid too, very effective

Cheers mate.

TheSweetestThing wrote
That looks fantastic. My only 'constructive criticism' would be that the snow isn't dense enough But its still a great little piece!

Appreciate the feedback mate thanks and the snow is a little thin then I wanted but practice makes perfect as they say LOL.

TheGoodDr wrote
That's just sweeeeet Ron!
If you ever decide to sell this particular piece Ron, LMK!

Thanks heaps mate. and really sorry bro this has sold already maybe next time.

Mahzian wrote
gorgeous as always! it would be great to see some "making of" or behind the scenes images to see the process of how your stuff evolves

Glad you like it mate thank you and I do on occassion do tutorials for some of my dios you can see them at my tutorial section on my site.

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:57 am

Hi All

While on recon patrol on the swamp planet of Balopah two troopers take a small but well earned break after sloshing thru the thick mud, They look around the area to see what is the best route to take next. They rely highly on recon probes to help them navigate thru the entwining vines of the swamp.

The troopers wear an extra breather due to the high methane fumes that is produced by the swamps, it's just not the fumes the troopers have to worry about it is also deadly reptiles that can kill in second if you get bitten.The mud can get that thick it can takes days to get thru a patrol and can make you more exhuasted then you normaly would.

RECIPE

The figures - The Stormtroopers and Recon Probe are all from Hasbro, the Troopers are a mix of VOTC troopers and Legacy troopers and the small Recon Probe is from a Sith set. The Probe has had it's old anteena taken off and replaced with a pin, the troopers as mentioned are a mix with additional tube added which is from a AT-AT figure.

The standing troopers has been given a German WW2 MG42 and some additional equipement which I got from the parts box. The beast my Daughter gave me it was a Stegasuruas I chopped of the armour plates and puttied him up, the saddle and harness are from the Horse and Indiana jones set and the equipement is again from the parts box and are 1/16 and 1/35th pieces.

The Base - The base is foam core wth plaster of paris added to it, the tangled roots are from the back yard from a palm tree which were turned upside down and pushed into the foam and then glued inplace. The patches of grass is static grass and the snakes are from the Indiana jones pitfall set and the young indy figure.

The swamp water is a mixer of woodland scenics realistic water with added paint and then brushed onto the base it was given different thickness in areas for depth. The mud is realistic water with brown paint and fine sand and model railway snow mixed in and then dapped onto the base.

Ron

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:15 am

Wow, these dio's are fantastic, keep em coming! Excellent stuff, as always.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:20 pm

HI All

TheSweetestThing wrote
Wow, these dio's are fantastic, keep em coming! Excellent stuff, as always.

Cheers bro and glad you are enjoying them.

Ron

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:07 am

Hi All

I was watching the making of Indiana Jones the other day and when I say the ghost from the ark I decided to give it a go. I had a lot of fun making this figure and also is a great addition to my growing personal collection.

RECIPE

1: Ghost - the ghost was made from the top half of a cheap glow in the dark skeleton I got of ebay. Modelers putty was used to make the rotten flesh on the hands and face, the eyes are small balls. once the putty dried I painted the flesh with varies flesh, browns and tan colours to get the desired affect,

Putty was used at the back of the ghost for balance and then tissue paper was used as the cloth and thin wire was attached to the skeletons frame so the tissue could be attached and look like it's flowing. The tissue was given a coat of diluted wood glue to make it firm.

2: Base - The base is from a two dollar shop and and the rod is plasti rod with a wooden food sewer inserted thru the middle to give it support, the poster I got of the net and just down sized it.

The Inspiration

Ron

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:01 am

Hi All

I enetered this dio in the robot comp over at figurerealm I think it came in equal 17th place with 3 other entries out of 41 entries.

In the year 2015 the earths fresh water is almost depleted except for one continent which is Australia, the situation has became that severe the Australian Military forces have decided that small recon units be made to keep check on all water supplies within the country. These small two men recon units worked extremely well in keeping the water supplies from being stolen but it came at a cost of lives as well, out of the 1500 recon units that started off only 500 remained.

The Military approached the government regarding the situation and both parties decided that it would be in everyones best interest to keep the recon units looking after major dams in each state. The units were split up and sent to there respective postings on the 12th August 2015 where all went well until 01 February 2016 when a major attack in the state of New South Wales at the Warragamba dam complex was attacked and 20% of the water was stolen by unkown forces.

Once the attack had finished only five men survived, so on March 17th 2016 The Military decided to bring into action project M.A.R.U (Mobile Armoured Recon Units) these units would be a two party unit consisting of one Robotic M.A.R.U unit and one Commtech soldier.

These Commtech soldiers are extremely well trained in all types of combat situations but would leave a lot of the fighting up to the M.A.R.U units . They would also keep the M.A.R.U units maintained and in good condition and they contol the units by advanced radio waves and a control device that is straped to the left wrist. The M.A.R.U units would do 90% of the fighting as they are equipped with small anti personal missles and a new experimental plasma rifle, the M.A.R.A units are under control of the commtech soldiers but if the soldier is killed the units can think for themselves for a preiod of 36 hour until a new commtech soldier is attached.

The unit you see here is from the the New South Wales Recon unit Charlie Company three section they are on a patrol in sector 01 GRID 07 and as you can see the commtech soldier takes cover behind a tree and the M.A.R.U unit and is looking at his control device so he can give orders.

RECIPE

Commtech soldier - The soldier is made up of Hasbro figures and the following is legs and gloves are rebel soldier, body is Indiana Jones German soldier and TLC Henry Jones head. the back pack is a Jump Trooper and the mouth piece is from Tatooine Solo, and the rifle is from an older rebel soldier.

M.A.R.U unit - The unit is a combination of Mongoose games Starship Troopers APE walker and GW's Sentinel walker the following is legs, arms and torso are APE parts and the muzzle, missle launcher mid torso and battery pack are GW's Sentinal parts. The large lens is a piece of 1/6 scale binocular and the smaller lenses are from GW's Marine scout trooper set.

Base - The base is from a two doller shop and then had plaster of paris added, while the plaster was setting I placed two branchs which are from my back garden into the plaster and let dry. Once dry fine sand and kitty litter was added and static grass followed that, when all was dry I painted and weathered the grass and dirt using Vallejo paints and pastels, the bushs are from woodland scenics and the larger bushes are fish tank plants which I got from the local pet shop.

Ron

hemble

Back to top Go down

Post by BigSi on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:35 pm

WOW! The story and the diorama are just brilliant! 17th just doesn't seem high enough on the ladder imho - this is a work of art.

Great stuff!

Cheers,
Si

BigSi

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-06

View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/simonsherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Great stuff as usual bud. =)