doctor who figures scale question

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

doctor who figures scale question

Post by Steve Holt on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:15 pm

what scale are these in? and could any one post a pic of a movie masters figure with one?

Steve Holt
Looks excited

Number of posts : 485
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: doctor who figures scale question

Post by Artistix on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 am

The Doctor Who action figures are 5" scale.

I can take a pic in a few hours when I get home.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Holt on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:38 am

thanks Artistix

Steve Holt
Looks excited

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:11 am

Oops, forgot to take a pic for you!

Here it is:

Received the Doctor Who SDCC exclusives as well. Time Crash 10th & 6th Doc set as well as the green shirted 9th Doc.

My first 9th Doctor figure which is pretty cool. Now I really need to get a season 1 Rose to go with him.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:03 am

Got in some more Doctor Who figures:

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Holt on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 pm

i'd love to get my hands on one of the simon pegg figures

Steve Holt
Looks excited

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 am

If any of you are into Doctor Who, here is the next Series 4 assortment.

The new figures are River Song (female in spacesuit), Vashta Nerada (Skeleton in spacesuit), Time Lord (big red hat) & the Hath on the far left.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:33 am

Has there been a John Simm Master yet? And are there plans to make all the Doctors, Tom Baker, John Pertwee etc?

HAL

Number of posts : 161
Trading Status : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:19 am

There have been a couple of versions of the John Simm Master.

There was an exclusive Master in his "old man" clothes from when he first regenerated (the Victorian-style clothes that Jacobi was wearing). I'm pretty sure this was only available in some kind of boxed set.

There has also been two versions of the "suited" Master released (black suit and tie). The first had the head cast in flesh coloured plastic (which was a departure from the manufacturers traditional "painted" heads). They also released a "painted" version after the fans voiced their preference for that style.

I'm pretty sure the Master figure is still available at a few David Jones stores (the painted version). It was released a while ago though (around Xmas from memory) so they may all be sold out by now.

Other places would be the local comic book stores and Minotaur in Melbourne.

David Jones, Myer and ABC Shops have also recently received the first series of "season 4" figures and I think ABC Shops have re-stocked the "season 3" wave which included the suited Master (but not 100% certain on that). The Doctor is still pretty hard to come by though.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:22 am

Sorry, forgot to add that I *think* CO plan to make all the "classic" Doctors. I've read that they've all been sculpted, but it's just a matter of seeing how each wave of the "classics" sells.

From memory, Doctors 4, 5 and 6 are currently available as part of the "classics" first series (although this series has not yet been released in Australia, other than at specialty stores). There is a rumour that David Jones has stock of the classics figures and is holding onto them until the lead up to Christmas, but that has not been confirmed.

Also, I'm not a "classic" fan, so I may have the numbers of the Doctors incorrect. The second series has been confirmed, but I can't recall which Doctors are included.

Edit - Google tells me that Doctors 7 and 8 are confirmed as part of the second series. And that 4, 5 and 6 were in series 1.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:23 am

So is it the painted face Master that includes the Toclophane spheres? or is that yet another version?

A big shame about the Classic line is the 'no companions' statement made by CO. But like everything, that can change depending on sales.

They were mentioning on the Who forums that a Classic Tardis with Bessie set was planned, but scrapped due to lack of retailer support. Sad
(Not that I know Classic Who either, but it would be nice to see the line thrive for them)

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:39 am

Thanks for that Xen. I was considering just picking up all the doctors, but after a bit of browsing it seems already Doc 6 is going for more than a few bucks.

HAL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:32 am

You're right Artistix, the painted Master with Toclophane spheres is yet another variant. Although the actual figure is the same, just more accessories (as CO like to do - Captain Jack with "hat" being one of the most amusing I've seen, only topped by the "destroyed Cassandra" they tried to "sell" to the unsuspecting public).

I haven't followed the Classics line closely, but I think the short-packing of the 6th Doctor was planned to be rectified in the future (in later assortments of series 1). I don't know whether that happened though. If it did, Ebay may just be taking a while to adjust (although with the weaker dollar, they'll still be expensive).

If you're interested, there are some decent forums over at Outpost Gallifrey in the "toys" section that includes a dedicated Aussie thread and a thread dedicated to the Classics which may have more complete (aka correct) info.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 am

Ok, I`m hooked (like I need something else to collect). The 10 Dr`s (or those 5 that exist at the moment), a tardis and a K-9 and that`s it.

I`m heading to the U.K soon where, i`m assuming, these may be easy to pick up(?) Dr Who collectors, LMK if there`s anything you`re after that may be thin on the ground in these parts and I`ll ahve a look

HAL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:26 am

They seem to be pretty rare in the UK also. Best bet would be the UK comic book stores, but there will probably be a premium on the short-packed figures (like the 6th Doctor).

There's a TARDIS playset and a "scale" TARDIS police box. Not sure which one you mean, but a "Bad Wolf" variant of the police box should be released soon in the UK (same as the regular, but with "bad wolf" written on the side). The playset and the regular police box may be harder to come by.

K9 has been released a couple of times with other figures (Rose and Sarah-Jane from memory) so you may have to grab a two-pack to get your K9. Both the Rose and Sarah-Jane figures are decent enough, so probably will depend on your preference. There is also a "companion" boxed set coming out with K9, Rose, Sarah-Jane, Martha, Astrid (aka Kylie Minogue) and possibly Donna in the UK shortly which you may be interested in (a couple of those figures you could probably pimp on Ebay as they're somewhat rare - Astrid and Sarah-Jane).

You may also want to look into the SDCC exclusive "Time Crash" set which included the 10th and 5th Doctors (with celery) as that seems to have come down in price. You'll also want to aim to grab the "neutral" 9th Doctor so that it fits with the other figures (as opposed to the "disco-dancing" pre-posed Doctor).

As for your VERY kind offer, I would be very interested in a Davros, River Song and Skeleton Dave figure (presuming they're not released down under in the interim). They should all be released in the UK "soon".

IF you're feeling REALLY generous, I'd also be interested in a couple of the Torchwood figures which are due to be released in November/December (depending on timing). And a "plush" Adipose. And . . . . okay, I'll shut up now.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:13 am

lol, no problem, xen. I`ll let you know when i`m actually setting out. Obviously going to be hitting all my old haunts for figures, and some fares which are still being run; used to be able to pick up practically anything from these.

HAL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:37 am

Thanks HAL.

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:08 am

Catherine Tate was saying she also has a 'Runaway Bride' action figure coming out. They did really well with her first figure IMO. Though I fear the window of opportunity to release the wedding version may have come & gone. She said it looks like Bette Middler! Razz

I have 2 K-9's. Both are the clean version. I had thought Sarah Jane was going to include the rusty version but, no.

I will also be buying the Torchwood line. It will be interesting to see a full production version, especially of Gwen. Her paint detailing needs to be very delicate, I'm not sure you can get that from mass market paint shops. Though these are more specialty items so we might be ok. The figures of the Weevil & Lisa the Cyberlass look much more appealing with the added articulation.

Figures certainly can change from proto to final product:

Here's my Who crew - minus the Satan Pit Lift & season 1 Rose I picked up recently:

Not to stray too far off topic...but is anyone collecting the Character 'Primeval' range?

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:48 am

Re: Primeval - Nope.

I've never seen the show, so thankfully that has prevented me from being too interested in the figures.

I also haven't seen them in stores down under and I try and restrict my Evil-Baying as much as possible.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 pm

Nice collection pics Artistix as a HUGE fan of the show i have to fight myself to not buy these figures anytime i see them, but with the new series not scheduled to air until 2010 i may have to buy some figures and make my own episodes. Laughing

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:31 am

There's always the five (?) specials to look forward to.

Xmas 2008, Easter 2009, Xmas 2009 (2-parter) and New Year 2010.

And of course Torchwood's five episode third season (rumoured to hit screens in February 2009) not to mention Sarah Jane Adventures which is surprisingly decent (currently showing and I think there's another season confirmed).

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:57 am

Xenaphobia wrote:(currently showing and I think there's another season confirmed).

I had heard it was airing on Nikelodoen, but I could not see it listed in the Austar guide at all. When is it on?

I agree SJA is a great show. Very much in the spirit of Who & I really like the cast they assembled. The kids aren't annoying, as some can be.

It's a shame the figures sold poorly. But there were many factors keeping them from being great sellers.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:00 am

Um . . . . I watch the show via other means. Season 2 is currently showing in the UK. I'm not sure when/if it is on "regular" TV in Australia.

I find most episodes to be just as good as Dr Who, if not better in some instances. There hasn't been anything as good as Moffat's efforts on Who as yet, but they're certainly not as bad as most people would believe (and a definite improvement over the initial telemovie they launched the series with).

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:32 am

I watched Who season 4, SJA season 1, first few episode of Torchwood season 2 & Primeval season 1 & some of 2 on Youtube recently.

I'd be pretty screwed without Youtube...& Broadband.

Apparently the new Series 4 figures were going to be hitting shortly, but now will be delayed till November.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:45 am

Company scificollector have said their new Torchwood figures will be arriving over the next few weeks. I already have my set put aside.

Here are some MOC pics of the figures:

And some bigger images of the new Who figures arriving later this month:

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:20 am

Sponsored content