Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st ever Ozfigurama Custom Comp

Post by simmo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Post as many photos as you like. The top 3 photos for each submission will be submitted to our judge, without names attached for impartiality. Good luck!

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Well this is going to be a little embarassing, seeing as though I "borrowed" the idea from Welshcat and actorjez in the first place. I promise I was going to give you credit anyway pale

Now I will present my custom, MOCKINGBIRD-a.k.a Barbara "Bobbi" Morse-Barton
I stole the next little bit from Wiki-

Mockingbird (Barbara "Bobbi" Morse-Barton), also known as Huntress is a fictional character, a comic book superheroine from the Marvel Comics universe. She and Hawkeye grow close and begin a whirlwind romance, which culminates in elopement with him.[7]. Afterwards, Mockingbird and Hawkeye return to the Avengers, whom Bobbi meets for the first time.[8] With Hawkeye, Tigra, Wonder Man, and Jim Rhodes as Iron Man, she forms the West Coast Avengers.
Her special abilities include- Superbly trained athlete and gymnast, various unarmed combats, and espionage. Expert with Battle-stave weapon.
She has had a colourful career, several big events happened around her. Here is the complete link if anybody wants to do some more reading- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockingbird_%28Marvel_Comics%29

MOCKINGBIRD. As you can see she statred life as a DCD Huntress fig, I switched over the head to a Psylocke figure. The Huntress figure had a fuller face mask and I had to dremell this area very carefully. I painted the hair blonde from the original black colour. I filled in all the gaps around her belt/sash thingy and added bootcuffs. The sleeves were material from old work shirts, I just superglued the ends together and the moveability is still pretty good. I blended the tops of the material to fit in with her costume. I left the earings in, I dont think it matters too much. I should have cut grooves into the face mask as well. The necklace is a rubber band cut to size and painted.

Thanks for looking!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stencilator on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Ok... here goes.

Please forgive any typos... I've just returned from happy hour.

This is my first attempt at customising anything other than a transformer... I hope you like it.

RECIPE:

I used a X-men Magneto torso and upper legs with a ML Luke Cage lower legs and a X-men Archangel head and arms. I sculpted his mask, armbands, and wrist bands using tamiya putty. Repainted using tamiya acrylics. The process took me about one hour the first night to kitbash and sculpt, and a bit longer the second night to carve, sand and repaint. I'm only posting the one WIP pic and two finished pics as originally requested as I'm now too tipsy to take a steady photo.

I chose this character because I've had great difficulty obtaining a toybiz one for my collection... and my name is Hawke, so it seemed fitting.

I give you Hawkeye

Sorry about the last pose... I didn't have time to make a bow for him. I'll get to it eventually.

Last edited by stencilator on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sobered up and fixed typos)

stencilator
Terrible Posture

Number of posts : 122
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Hey man, that is some very nice work! The paint scheme and apps are pefrectomundo!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stencilator on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:21 pm

You too NiteOwl... I love the way you blended into the fabric sleeves. Nice work!

stencilator
Terrible Posture

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Well after waiting 2 yrs for some love from Sota....actually still waiting.....anyway...I decided to give some suggestion to what could be coming in future waves......From SF Alpha 3 we have "Prison Uniform Cody" and from Marvel Vs Streetfighter, Cyber Akuma.......

Cody - (Taken From Street Fighter: Eternal Challenge) "Formerly a hero and protector of Metro City (in Final Fight). After the defeat of the Mad Gear Gang Cody grew bored of the blissful peace all around him and turned to a life of crime.Getting captured multiple times he spent his days in jail without a care in the world. Occasionally he'd break out of prison using the strength of his punches. The bandages he wraps around his hands cover scars he gained by rampaging through the solid brick walls of his cell so he could head back to Metro city to cause trouble. .......

I would have prefered if he stayed in his Final Fight gear rather than have this terrible back story be written but hey....Anyway I am yet to find a custom of him in this costume so wanted to try it....

Base is Sota Guile. Hair removed,new sculpted (2 attempts....still needs some work)....originally I was going to use Ken head & hair but looked too small on the guile body. I sanded the face to remove some of the guile "harshness" (eyebrows,chinline etc) sanded down/removed singlet detail, belt & pockets of pants...removed boots and replaced with savage dragon shins & sneakers (see later photo) sculpted baggy pants/collar and filled in shoulder/sleeve area to resemble jumpsuit, added to create sleeve details near wrists.... sculpted hand bandages (adon's too small & Sagat too big to use) Zip ties for handcuffs with chain from spotlight for 20c. Then painted with createx paints.

Cyber Akuma - In Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Shin Akuma was replaced by Cyber-Akuma (Mech-Gouki in Japan), a version of Akuma enhanced by Apocalypse. Cyber-Akuma featured most of Shin Akuma's attacks in the Capcom "versus series" style as well as attacks involving the launching of his mechanical left arm. (or right arm....like my source pic dammit)...also comes in blue but I first saw the red one.....I digress.....

Base Red Gi Akuma, added eye & ear covers, lackeyband replacing rope belt, sculpted arm/shoulder over existing arm to maintain hand socket. added teddybear 'googly eyes' for cuff details....watch for future use of these in funny photos..... cut into hand pads/gloves to enable wrists to twist up to fit akuma poses....joined fist & open hands to create 2 finger up/2 down hand poses & filled gaps. Custom metalic sandles replacing originals & lackeybands for straps. Metalic paint on body/face/arm/sandals then blue & black ink for arm, & paint for belt. Worlds most ammateur wash of dark brown over arms/feet to match remade hand

Shoryuken bitches! Very Happy

Last edited by The Dr Of Style on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:43 am

And well done guys on the work above. both finished nice and cleanly.

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:16 pm

OK, our impartial judge was sent the entries with names removed, and has made his decision.

The winner of the comp is Stencilator. All 3 entries were highly praised, but Stencilator's detailed work won out.

Good work guys! Stencilator, we'll be in touch about your prize.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugs on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Congratulations stencilator, nice and clean. Great works on others too. Love to see more SF customs! Great work nitey too.

Bugs
I'M BUGS!!!!

Number of posts : 62
Trading Status : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stencilator on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks heaps guys. What the competition lacked in quantity it more than made up for in quality. I hope to post a lot more customs on this board soon and I hope to see more from other members too.

Thanks again.

Stencilator

stencilator
Terrible Posture

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks guys, and congratulations man.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am

Yeh congrats that Hawkeye looked excellent.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:51 am

Congrats to those that were able to enter. I was hoping to make a submission but was unable to since I've been far too busy and stressed out at work - need a holiday badly.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah Stencilator well done!......PM me your bank account details & I'll transfer your prize.....saddly while my $20 per entrant to the winner started off well (at $140) with only 3 entries it's down to only $60.........but hey that's something right.......... You're also granted the ability to choose the next topic (we'll run another comp near the end of the year???? or sooner depending on support) Cheers

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Back to top Go down

Post by stencilator on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:39 am

Awesome.... thanks!

I'll PM you now.

stencilator
Terrible Posture

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIELDY on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 am

Congrats Stenc, nice custom and congratulations to all that entered - some fine work there.

FIELDY
Has Phillipinos coming in through the back door

Number of posts : 385
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lcz128 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:37 am

Hey Stencilator!
Glad to see you over here, too! Very Happy Great stuff as usual dude Smile

lcz128