MOTU Classics :The Thread

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MOTU Classics :The Thread

Post by ragericho on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:05 am

Went on at 7:30am and got 2 zodaks mm joker and ghostbuster! no 2am rubbish anymore.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:25 am

Xenaphobia wrote:There were different options for shipping?

D'oh. I didn't even see that. I just saw "international shipping" and figured there was only one choice. Which one is the $9.95 shipping - fast or slow?

I think this was a problem we spoke of before.

When I signed up for the 2010 subscription I said I wanted the expensive fast shipping which, for January with Adora/War-Dun & the map, was about $48 postage I think.

However I later noticed the shipping was changed to $9.95.

I believe someone here said no international folks were able to select the faster shipping option.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 am

The $9.95 is the oh so slow shipping, could be anywhere from 3 weeks to a month and a half, depending on when they ship, but for single figs its not worth paying the $50 odd dollars for the fast shipping.....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 am

Coolness. Thanks once again for sharing your wisdom DBF.

Looks like the sausage-fest that is my MOTUC shelf will continue for a while (unless Wonder Woman pays them a visit - but she's so skinny she'll probably snap like a twig).

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:43 am

Ok, so who ordered and who got shipping confirm emails? Sounds like the poo hit the fan in the last 24 hours with Matty swapping their customer service and distribution over to Digital River, who in turn have told people that Teela is over sold and on back order, and not shipping till november/december. No sign of shipping for me from the sub or the extra order i placed, anyone else had any info yet?

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 am

I've received two shipping confirmations (for my one (1) non-subscription Teela). One email from:

DCL.Shipping.Department@dclcorp.com

And the other email from:

MattyCollector.CS@digitalriver.com

Both tell me that Teela has been shipped. No idea why I received shipping confirmations from two different email addresses.

Both were received on 17 October 2009. My credit card has been charged.

The latest rumour seems to be that non-subscription orders are being cancelled so that those figures can be sent to the subscribers. No idea if there is any validity in that rumour whatsoever. Mattel are providing their usual non-answers.

I hope everyone gets the figures they ordered.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:00 am

Just wonder how us schmucks who elected to get the 09 subscription figures sent all together in December fit into all this - interesting times we live in, no?

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:27 am

Jesus, what the hell did I miss? My net has been down for most of the past week, only just got it back late yesterday, sounds like some serious shiznit hit the fans (again) at casa del Matty...

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 pm

I've got a subscription, plus I also did another order for Zoblack/Ray/Joker/Teelas for myself and some fellow board members. I've got 2 emails thus far...

on 16/10 I received a subscription renewal email

Today I received shipping notice for the Zoblack/Ray/Joker/non-sub Teelas.

I read on the Org that subscriptions will be filled. My assessment is a lot of orgers are panicking and creating scuttlebutt... hopefully the renewal email means my subscription has shipped.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Yeah, i don't even read the org anymore, nothing but negative shit, but facebook seems overloaded with anger too atm, will play the waiting game, i managed to get everything so far so we'll have to see!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Dabigfella wrote:Yeah, i don't even read the org anymore, nothing but negative shit, but facebook seems overloaded with anger too atm, will play the waiting game, i managed to get everything so far so we'll have to see!!

The lack of common sense on those boards is mind boggling,its like they cant think or work things out for themselves & be sure not to question some ones post or u will be banned and or post deleted Twisted Evil

I hope i get my money back from mattel for being charged 2 times for the subcription or at least get sent what i was charged for.And they cant combine orders is also dum hlj do it and they are on a much bigger scale !

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:34 pm

As I suspected. Panicked Orgers strike again... sounds like we're sweet with the subs:

Mattycollector To clear the air, subscribers will be getting Teela. She is NOT on backorder. Customer service has been giving out some incorrect information and we are working with them to correct this. Going forward, we will make sure subscriber figures are shipped first along with a confirmation email. We apologize for this inconvenience!

Trying to clear things up

Hey fans,

We know there has been a lot of confusion floating around on some recent orders and misinformation. I’ll do my best to clear this up.

We did switch over our customer service to Digital River, and it appears a few customer service reps have been going “off book” and giving out some incorrect info. Here is the latest:
MOTU Classics Wun-Dar

MOTU Classics Wun-Dar

1: Wun-Dar is most definitely the subscription figure only. He will only be available if you purchased a 2010 Club Eternia subscription and will be mailed out in the spring along with the all new poster. Wun-Dar will not be sold in any other way. If you did not purchase a subscription, you will not be getting Wun-dar. Nothing has changed on Wun-Dar from our original plans announced at SDCC 2009.

2: All 2009 subscribers WILL be getting Teela. The shipping confirmation should have gone out immediately and I apologize for this not happening. Going forward, we have made it very clear to Digital River that subscription figures need to ship out first (along with confirmation emails).

This may not have been the smoothest sale, but everyone will get their product.

I’ll do my best to keep an eye on Facebook and answer any other pressing questions. Unless you hear an announcement from me, there shouldn’t be any major changes. We’ll talk to Digital River and make sure their customer service reps are up on the latest info and training!

Doing all we can to correct these issues! Nothing is more important then creating a smooth process and pleasing our fans. Not every sale goes by the book, but we are working on fixing all of these issues. Thanks for everyone’s understanding!

Matty

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:17 am

Got shipping confirm for non sub order, no word on the sub yet.....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:20 am

More from Toy Guru/Mattel (from he-man.org forums):

1: Everyone who ordered a Teela or had a subscription is getting their Teela. Yes, we did have an odd problem of the word "Backorder" showing up. There is no such thing as backorder for MattyCollector.com. Once an item sells out it sells out (unless and until we get a second production shipment like with Nov's He-Man).

2: Yes subscribers were supposed to get their figures shipped first. This has been corrected going forward. We will also make sure full shipping notifications are sent out.

3: Some Teela's have not been shipped. We had a lot of items for sale this time and it takes time to ship everything. Items will be shipped in the next few days and we will continue to improve on this.

4: The Wun-dar rumor. Okay. This one we need to throw back at you guys. Customer Service has never been briefed on Wun-Dar or his program. It is impossible for a Digital River rep to have reported on this as we haven't reviewed this item with them. They only have knowledge up to the Dec shipping items.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:48 pm

And shipping confirm on the sub now recieved, should all be here by monday!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Good news. Sometimes a little patience pays off after all...

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Yep, bloody whiney yanks......

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:50 pm

And on Monday I got 2 parcels of Motuc love! Sorry for crappy pics but I did it all off my phone (being quiet as we have the new edition sleeping finally)

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:34 am

Nice DBF. Awesome displays you have there.

I like how you have a He-Ro displayed with & without the cape & armour. I have a spare He-Ro, I'll have to try that.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:30 am

Updated pics of King Randor and Green Goddess are up at mattycollector.com.

It's probably just me, but it looks like they've changed Randor's legs from a "dark orange" to a lighter flesh tone, which makes him look like he's not wearing pants and seems a tad strange for the "King".

The translucent plastic for Green Goddess looks pretty cool. Not cool enough for me to want it, but still cool.

Looking forward to the reveal of Adora's bio. It will be most amusing watching the reaction on the he-man.org forums as everyone goes into meltdown (which they will, even if it is as simple as: Real name - Adora. Twin sister of Prince Adam).

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 am

Xenaphobia wrote:
It's probably just me, but it looks like they've changed Randor's legs from a "dark orange" to a lighter flesh tone, which makes him look like he's not wearing pants and seems a tad strange for the "King".

Thanks for the info Xen.

Perhaps it is just the lighting making Randor's legs look lighter. They do look darker in the MOC image.

I'm very much looking forward to Adora's bio. However it does not bother me what they say. As only a casual fan in the 80's, I don't know the story of many of these characters....so MOTUC is guiding the way for me in that regard.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm

And all the boyz in the hood say: Helloooo Teela.

After all the stress of my first mattycollector.com transaction, Teela has arrived safe and sound in her white mailer box. First impressions - pretty, so very pretty.

Later impressions - ugly paint application on her legs making it looks like she's been in a fight and been badly bruised, some very sloppy application of the gold paint (especially around the forearms), the "dress" appears to have been glued on "crooked" so it doesn't sit straight which is especially noticeable with the "gold leaf" design of the skirt and the "bonus head" has some unsightly marks which will hopefully come off.

All in all, while I understand that Teela is probably the most detailed MOTUC figure I've gotten to date, the accumulation of all the "small-ish mistakes" makes for a somewhat unsatisfactory purchase (especially given it cost $35.00 in total).

I haven't opened her up yet, so I don't know how bad the neck issue is, but from the looks of her in the box, I'm not holding out much hope.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:05 am

Further impressions of "loose" Teela. Still, in the good, but not great category. Both heads are definitely "loose" and Teela must be feeling sad since she's always looking down. To be fair, the sculpting of the hair at the back of the head also seems to be restricting the ability to have Teela look "up".

The Snake Armour head can be swapped on and off without too many issues, but it's clear that something went wrong in the production process and Teela was intended to have a slightly shorter neck since her Snake Armour has moulded grooves/indents for her breasts/breast-plate and the Snake Armour sits too high for the grooves/indents to serve their purpose.

Also, very loose knees. I may not be completely repulsive, but I don't think I'm dreamy enough to make hot female action figures weak at the knees.

Otherwise, not too bad in terms of the joints. The waist twist seems to move fairly easily and all the arms joints appear to be pretty solid.

Even though Teela clearly outshines the anorexic Wonder Woman, I still wish she was a tad curvier. I would like the DCUC females to be about Teela's size and for the MOTUC female figures to be just a tad chunkier, especially in the legs and arms. It won't happen because every female is going to be the same size as Teela (depending on the thickness of their "dress" overlay) since they will all share the same body though.

Final comment, Teela is sporting quite a lot of cleavage. There's a definite gap in the dress/armour which looks like it should be "joined" to allow Teela some modesty, but they've left it open giving a very clear view of her assets. At the moment I have Teela holding her shield to cover that area since I don't want her to excite the MOTU men too much with such an overt display of her feminie attractions.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:55 am

Adora pics are up. Not a big fan of the face...but she is ok.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=15057

Adora
Leader in the Great Rebellion

When Adora and her twin brother Adam were born, the Sorceress recognized they were the twins prophesized to wield the Power of Grayskull. She therefore magically cloned the Sword of He, enhancing it with the Stone of Protection so that each twin could have a key to unlock the Power. But Hordak also learned of the twins and arranged for his Eternian pupil Skeletor to abduct the infants. Man-At-Arms prevented Adam from being taken, but Adora was stolen away to the planet Etheria deep in the dimension of Despondos. There she was raised by Hordak until the day her brother returned, handing her her sword which she held aloft to become She-Ra, the most powerful woman in the universe

*** As Toyguru pointed out, she is the Leader IN the great Rebellion, & not the Leader OF the Great Rebellion as Queen Angella is the leader, Adora is her second in command.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:06 am

oh no what did they do to the face?! the one they showed at sdcc was so much better ack!

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next