MOTU Classics :The Thread

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MOTU Classics :The Thread

Post by ragericho on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Think we need an official ozfigurama MOTU classics thread ! To start off here is skeletor !! I think he looks great.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MOTU Classics :The Thread

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks for the pic, Skeletor and he-man will apparently come with the swords that fit together just like the original line.
After seeing these in person and from hearing what mattel had to say about the line im hanging for this line.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:14 pm

UncleCletusKasady wrote:Thanks for the pic, Skeletor and he-man will apparently come with the swords that fit together just like the original line.
After seeing these in person and from hearing what mattel had to say about the line im hanging for this line.

What do you mean about the swords that fit together?

ragericho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:07 pm

They come with the complete power sword the same as the one with grayskull AND each come with half a sword that will fit together with each others just like the original release, man i'm cleaning myself up here, that skeletor looks AWESOME cant wait, i have not been this excited about toys since god knows when!!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Dabigfella wrote:They come with the complete power sword the same as the one with grayskull AND each come with half a sword that will fit together with each others just like the original release, man i'm cleaning myself up here, that skeletor looks AWESOME cant wait, i have not been this excited about toys since god knows when!!!

Ok i cant remember that with my origional skeletor when i was a kido Smile as long as he comes with his staff im happy.

ragericho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 pm

It's weird... you know, I think I actually prefer the 200X skeletor. But then it's still pretty damn cool. Smile

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:20 am

Gevaudin wrote:It's weird... you know, I think I actually prefer the 200X skeletor. But then it's still pretty damn cool. Smile

Yeah, me too. I know these are supposed to be based on the original line, but they're kinda making them look too much like the original line. I know they don't want to (or maybe can't) model the characters on the original animated series, but I was hoping they'd be a bit more like that than the original figures. I'd rather skeletor look like he has the hood over his head rather than a kerchief.

Still, they look cool. But, unless these are easily available, I neither have the funds nor the stamina to hunt these down. I may try and grab the occasional one (ie. ones not made in the new series lines my Mattel or NECA) but otherwise, I just can't start again...

But, I've said that before, so we'll wait and see. Maybe the slow release of these will make it easier. But, c'mon, it's Mattel we're dealing with. They're right, royal tossers when it comes to releasing stuff other than a buttload of Speed Racer crap that no-one is buying.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:15 am

Jor-El wrote:Still, they look cool. But, unless these are easily available, I neither have the funds nor the stamina to hunt these down. I may try and grab the occasional one (ie. ones not made in the new series lines my Mattel or NECA) but otherwise, I just can't start again...

But, I've said that before, so we'll wait and see. Maybe the slow release of these will make it easier. But, c'mon, it's Mattel we're dealing with. They're right, royal tossers when it comes to releasing stuff other than a buttload of Speed Racer crap that no-one is buying.
It seems like you're not aware of how these are being sold.

There will be one new figure offered each month (that's 12 a year) exclusively on Mattel's webstore.

These figures will not see retail.

silent

As for the look, I too agree that they're making them a little TOO much like the original figures. Especially if we're paying US$20 each + shipping.

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:39 am

DroothR wrote:
Jor-El wrote:Still, they look cool. But, unless these are easily available, I neither have the funds nor the stamina to hunt these down. I may try and grab the occasional one (ie. ones not made in the new series lines my Mattel or NECA) but otherwise, I just can't start again...

It seems like you're not aware of how these are being sold.

There will be one new figure offered each month (that's 12 a year) exclusively on Mattel's webstore.

These figures will not see retail.

silent

As for the look, I too agree that they're making them a little TOO much like the original figures. Especially if we're paying US$20 each + shipping.
Sorry, but i think you miss why these are being done, they are to appease the Die hard -reason-why-motu-still-exists-fans, like myself, who want a line based very closely to the original line, i think these are PERFECT in their design, ie very much like the original but with more articulation. The reason they stopped the 200X release was lackluster sales at retail, so Mattel asked die hards (mainly through he-man.org as Toy guru from mattel, who is the driving force behind this line and mattels collector website, posts there and basically answered what the fans requested), and i do agree that mattel sucks in the way of distributing mass retail brands such as speed racer, but hope with the collectors website this line gets enough interest to continue for a few good years, i'll gladly fork out $40 odd each for these figures delivered......

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Count me in as a die hard MOTU fan as well. I really like the new sculpt- as far as I am concerned any new MOTU is good MOTU!!!! One thing we can all agree on Mattel's distribution to our fair shores sucks the big one. I cannot fault them recently on character choices especially on JLU and DCUC, the variety and the way they listened to the fans finally is to be commended. I am still feeling the pain on missing out on King Greyskull, though.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:38 am

Yea these will crap all over the 200x line.Its just natural that after this line is done years down the track that they would make a new style of figures if this is successful.

ragericho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Dabigfella wrote:Sorry, but i think you miss why these are being done, they are to appease the Die hard -reason-why-motu-still-exists-fans, like myself, who want a line based very closely to the original line.....
No, no I don't think I do.

I AM the "die hard fan".

I watched the original show, bought the original toys, bought the 200X toys, and bought the DVDs of the original show (PoP included).

I like what I've seen so far.

But the mentality of doing EVERYTHING the same way as the original series is taking it MUCH too far.

I don't want Clawful to be He-Man with different hands/feet/head, and a shell chest piece.

I'd be MORE excited if the line took a few more cues from the 200X line.

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Really? This is going to be a Mattel.com exclusive line where Mattel (US) will ship these 'themselves' to all customers anywhere in the world? Or are these limited to US/Canadian customers only?

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:30 am

TheGoodDr wrote:Really? This is going to be a Mattel.com exclusive line where Mattel (US) will ship these 'themselves' to all customers anywhere in the world? Or are these limited to US/Canadian customers only?
Worldwide, except for exclusives like Greyskull (for some reason).

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:41 am

DroothR wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:Sorry, but i think you miss why these are being done, they are to appease the Die hard -reason-why-motu-still-exists-fans, like myself, who want a line based very closely to the original line.....

I AM the "die hard fan".

I watched the original show, bought the original toys, bought the 200X toys, and bought the DVDs of the original show (PoP included).

I like what I've seen so far.

But the mentality of doing EVERYTHING the same way as the original series is taking it MUCH too far.

I don't want Clawful to be He-Man with different hands/feet/head, and a shell chest piece.

I'd be MORE excited if the line took a few more cues from the 200X line.
I'll agree to disagree, your not getting the point, there was a guy at the panel asking the same questions, and he was basically booed away from the microphone, the re-use of body parts is being done on purpose, and i say HAPPY DAYS!! Stick to as original as possible with a bit more articulation and i'll be happy as a pig in poop!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 am

TheGoodDr wrote:Really? This is going to be a Mattel.com exclusive line where Mattel (US) will ship these 'themselves' to all customers anywhere in the world? Or are these limited to US/Canadian customers only?
Yep worldwide, and the reason for Grayskull not going worldwide is to do with the electronics in his box, they pass US standards but they cant vouch for the rest of the world..

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:15 pm

While I don't have the cash at the moment I still have plenty of lingering jealousy from the mid 80's when a guy I went to school with showed off his pretty much full set of the originals....I however had only an 8inch BA Baracus to fight my solitary battle damage armour He-man (still have both) so this may be my chance to reclaim some toy cred....

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Mr T= HEAPS of toy cred, dont pity yoself foooool!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reillyd on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 pm

I had the pleasure of opening the drawbridge on a SDCC Greyskull today, and the osund and lights are very, VERY cool. Alas, it was the statue variant so I had to pass,l but a really neat gimmick.

reillyd

Number of posts : 104
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toy_Fan on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:15 pm

reillyd wrote:I had the pleasure of opening the drawbridge on a SDCC Greyskull today, and the osund and lights are very, VERY cool. Alas, it was the statue variant so I had to pass,l but a really neat gimmick.

Where was this? How much?

Let me know.

Take Care,
Darren

Toy_Fan

Number of posts : 51
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Anyone interested in this line, i suggest you grab the latest toyfare, the guy they ask the questions to is the guy we saw at the many toy panels, (toy guru at he-man.org) and the driving force behind the line, also some stuff from the 4 horsemen notibly why it is they are sticking so closely to the original designs!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Any other new fig pics besides Skelly?

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:49 am

Only what we've seen, but it does say Stratos will be previewed at he-man.org in september!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:49 am

I hope they can make all of the figures that the origional line had or it wont be any where near as good, I WANT SCAREGLOW !

ragericho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:55 am

I have the regular Greyskull on the way from a friend in the US. So it should have all the electronic stuff.

Apparently Mattel has said we would have two never before seen characters in 2009. The picture earlier featured Queen Marelna & Captain Adora, so they'd be in with a good chance. He-Ro would be one of them.

DroothR wrote:

I AM the "die hard fan".

Can't you both be die hard fans but like different things when it comes to action figures?? Very Happy

I'm not a die hard fan. I watched it a bit as a child & my older brother had the figures. I watched the 200x show & collected the line, both of which I think are awesome. Not a big enough fan to buy the stactions (besides Sorceress). But really, I wouldn't buy statues of my most favourite licences (With the exception of Neca Harry Potter...which aren't technically stactions....or action figures!).

But I'm not phased at all by Mattel's commitment to 'nostalgia' wth this Classic He-man line. I would have been happy for them to slightly update the figures, I am fine with them not doing so.

There is no way I am passing up these figures, I am extremely grateful the line has managed to re-surface.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next