Congrats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Congrats

Post by Rat Fink on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Guys and Gal,

Been awhile since I've chatted. The downfall of figurama did my head in. I just want to say to simmo et al, congrats on a great site and I hope you take it to wherever you want it to go.

I miss you guys.

I've given up on the collecting (Thanks Hasbro) but still try and keep up with what's new on the shelf and I definately drop in here to see what you guys are chattin' about.

I'm quite embarrassed about the whole figurama thing and hope you guys don't hate me and can see that my intentions were good....I just didn't have the technological know-how to pull it off. I'm sorry if I've pissed people off, but I still stand by my opinion that we needed another board other than Ozfigures. One that was run by passionate people. It looks like we've got it.

Congrats again simmo.

"To infinity, and beyond!!"

Rat Fink

Number of posts : 173
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Congrats

Post by TheMyth on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:55 pm

so, given up completely mate??? good to hear from you though.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Don't worry about it Finkster, your heart was in the right place, and if you hadn't taken the first step with your board, then we wouldn't have this board now.

thumbs up1

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:26 am

DroothR wrote:Don't worry about it Finkster, your heart was in the right place, and if you hadn't taken the first step with your board, then we wouldn't have this board now.

thumbs up1

I agree with this man! I have no hard feelings and just wish you had joined us sooner, we certainly miss you Sad

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:00 am

speaking of ozfigues is it still up? some one hack it already it needs to go ! and ratfink you migth want to check out the new MOTU line coming out might change your mind.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:49 am

I I love you U Finky.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Rat Fink wrote:Hi Guys and Gal,

Been awhile since I've chatted. The downfall of figurama did my head in. I just want to say to simmo et al, congrats on a great site and I hope you take it to wherever you want it to go.

I miss you guys.

I've given up on the collecting (Thanks Hasbro) but still try and keep up with what's new on the shelf and I definately drop in here to see what you guys are chattin' about.

I'm quite embarrassed about the whole figurama thing and hope you guys don't hate me and can see that my intentions were good....I just didn't have the technological know-how to pull it off. I'm sorry if I've pissed people off, but I still stand by my opinion that we needed another board other than Ozfigures. One that was run by passionate people. It looks like we've got it.

Congrats again simmo.

"To infinity, and beyond!!"

No harm no foul, all good intentions. You supllied us with something we didnt have at the time. No bad feelings at all.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Hey Finky, there are ABSOLUTELY no hard feelings! You tried something, it didn't work out. It's just cool to hear from you again!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Finky, personally, I am stoked to see you posting here. I was actually worried that starting this board may have pissed you off.

Really glad to have you here mate.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:59 pm

I think Figurama was great until it died so quickly. This place isn't quite as busy (I think a lot of people, including myself, were a bit drained from having to start again... again) but it's slowly gathering steam.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMyth on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Jor-El wrote:I think Figurama was great until it died so quickly. This place isn't quite as busy (I think a lot of people, including myself, were a bit drained from having to start again... again) but it's slowly gathering steam.

I totally agree. to begin with I wasn't sure i could even be bothered anymore, but there are new faces here, so thats good! figurama had to many spam bots and no new members were getting through.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rat Fink on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:59 am

Hey, thanks guys, it's great to know I haven't burned any friendships over the demise of figurama

TheMyth wrote:so, given up completely mate???

I wouldn't say completely, but I haven't bought a fig in at least 9 months. I still enjoy collecting it's just that nothing that's been released recently has interested me.

DroothR wrote:Don't worry about it Finkster, your heart was in the right place, and if you hadn't taken the first step with your board, then we wouldn't have this board now.

thumbs up1

Thanks Rob, that's means a lot. Smile

TheSweetestThing wrote:

I agree with this man! I have no hard feelings and just wish you had joined us sooner, we certainly miss you Sad

Thanks Sweetest Wink

UncleCletusKasady wrote:I I love you U Finky.

Right back at ya, Cleets . How's married life treating you? and is that room finished yet??

Otter wrote:

No harm no foul, all good intentions. You supllied us with something we didnt have at the time. No bad feelings at all.

Thanks Otter, appreciate it.

NiteOwl wrote:Hey Finky, there are ABSOLUTELY no hard feelings! You tried something, it didn't work out. It's just cool to hear from you again!

Cheers Nite man!. How've you been?. Even though I'm not really buying figs of late, I may well commission you again. Wink

simmo wrote:Finky, personally, I am stoked to see you posting here. I was actually worried that starting this board may have pissed you off.

Really glad to have you here mate.

Hi Simmo, good to be here and there are absolutely no hard feelings Mate. I'm actually really stoked you jumped in, picked up the ball and ran with it. You've created a great place.

Jor-El wrote:I think Figurama was great until it died so quickly. This place isn't quite as busy (I think a lot of people, including myself, were a bit drained from having to start again).....

Hi Jor. I know, that's why I felt (and still feel to a degree) so bad, but I really think in the end, what we have now is much better. I just wish I'd done a bit more research and found a better provider and had people on board that knew (and had the time to deal with) the technical side. The fact the boards kept going down and there were a million spammers, in the end killed the dream, but as I said, this place looks great (Although a little green Shocked , hehe) so I think it worked out O.K.

Thanks again Guys, I feel all warm and fuzzy and It's great to be back. monkey dancer thumbs up1

Rat Fink

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:23 pm

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sunny

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337