So.......who farted?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So.......who farted?

Post by fuzzcat on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:36 am

I'm guessing the reason this place isn't the pumping little meeting of the minds it once was is because of the above reason?
Seriously - what gives? What have people moved on to? We're all still collecting?
fuzzcat

Number of posts : 607
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So.......who farted?

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Lol. I'm still checking in to see if anyone else has had any luck finding interesting figures in Australia.

I would guess that it's gone quiet because of the lack of decent action figures in Australia and very high prices for the action figure lines that we do see (like those at Zing).

The apparent rise in action figure lines being store exclusives in the US doesn't help. I'd buy all the MOTUC compatible TDKR Batman figures that Mattel is making, but with basic Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman all being Walmart exclusives, that's not going to happen.

I'm holding out hope that we'll see Mattel's Multiverse line for Wonder Woman and the Jakks Pacific Big Figs Wonder Woman. But, both seem unlikely (especially as we never got the WW Big Fig for DoJ). I should be able to satisfy myself with the Wonder Woman Lego set.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1345
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:03 pm

I still pop in here to see what is being found around the place. I still wander the toy isles each time I hit my local shopping centre and almost always I walk away shaking my head how far the once mighty toy industry has fallen Sad
TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1193
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by stencilator on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:29 am

Same as you guys, I check out the sightings section occasionally and always hope that someone might post some new custom creations, but seriously... with your average 6 inch action figure costing $35 a pop, who can afford to collect them let alone cut them up for customs. The cost has taken all the fun out of hunting and collecting for me.

I did a big rearrange to consolidate my collection the other day. I might post some in the sale thread (if my 4 y/o son doesn't claim them) shortly but I think the 3 people who have posted in this thread might be the only potential customers. I don't know if anyone else is even looking.

Tumbleweed
stencilator
Terrible Posture

Number of posts : 123
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:38 am

I still poke my head in here occasionally. But yes. It was I who dropped a silent but violent.

Haven't had much local news that interests me of late. I figure people go to other sources for NYTF and SDCC news etc. Even MattyCollector has gone away, which used to be a pretty popular source of posts here.
awe

Number of posts : 500
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Yep.

I too drop in here multiple times a week, but considering that my collecting as of late is almost 100% Mythic Legions, then I don't really have much reason to post. silent
DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1522
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:38 am

My collecting has dropped off a lot in the last year or two. I still buy the odd BTAS set from TheGoodDr, but aside from that it's pretty rare I buy any toys.

I do check out the news sites every day to see if anything cool is coming out.
Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2293
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:04 am

Artistix wrote:I do check out the news sites every day to see if anything cool is coming out.

I still do that too! I'm not sure what I expect to see, but one day I'll hopefully see something that I want AND that I can afford (after the Australia tax or high international shipping fees). Maybe the launch of Amazon in Australia in 2018 will help with availability and affordable shipping.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by behemoth on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:20 am

I still lurk here too. Problem for me is I have already got pretty much every character I ever wanted (and a lot more!) and a lot of what is put out now is endless variations of the same characters plus C and D listers who I wouldn't pay $30 for.

Stencilator it is worth posting stuff for sale on here, at least you know people who are interested will have a look.

behemoth

Number of posts : 199
Trading Status : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PROVOST on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:20 am

I've found my enthusiasm for forums muted somewhat not cause of anything anyone here has ever said or done.

But the quiet I'd see when I'd check in did make me think maybe the band had spilt up.

PROVOST

Number of posts : 111
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2011-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:25 am

For me I collect ML and there hasnt been much retail action for a while. They have been bringing out some strong waves this year. I have been getting most from Amazon as its the only place I can find what I am after. But if Guardians ML are in retail, then the old toy hunts could be on again. I sure miss the good old Toy Biz days chasing down variants in every retail outlet at $15 a fig.
ML have gone off the burn a bit but I think this year we may see some hit retail!
Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 786
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:42 pm

My collecting is pretty sporadic these days, I've cut back a lot as ML and DC Direct / Collectibles are just too darn expensive for me although I have been saving up and getting bigger ticket items like Masterpiece Transformers. I guess I can't see a lot of value in a regular figure for what they cost.

Also a lot of my social interaction these days is via facebook as a medium and I don't usually spend much time in forums anymore. I wish the Ozfigurama facebook page was more active.
Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1048
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 pm

I went through a purge a while ago and have only kept a handful of figures and 2 boxes of comics which no one wants. It was actually good to release them into the world. I moved more into 3A stuff then got annoyed with the random products and the lengthly pre-order ordeal. I would love to pick up the new Mortal Kombat figures but at $70 a pop it just seems like a waste...and kinda selfish, my 3 kids are what have my attention nowadays. I'm a member of a few other forums (not toy related) and many of those are very quiet too these days. I think the trend has turned towards private/public facebook groups and away from message boards recently. Still spent plenty of time on this board over the years and met some cool people over here in Perth.
The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1458
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster on Sat May 20, 2017 2:05 pm

I have really collecting anything in the way of figures anymore. i buy a few pops every now and Guns n Roses for example. But my main collection consist of Lego now and quite a bit of what I had went to paying for that collection.
Very picky on what i but even in Lego though, mainly Lego ideas kits.
Blaster

Number of posts : 384
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sun May 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Blaster wrote:But my main collection consist of Lego now and quite a bit of what I had went to paying for that collection.
Very picky on what i but even in Lego though, mainly Lego ideas kits.

Same here! But, my focus is on the Modular line and residential Creator sets. With a few random additions here and there like the Disney Castle.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Man that fart was epic, blew me away for ages.

...so uh...hows it going?
TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1539
Trading Status : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am

Hey TST....wow, I didn't think I'd ever see that beautiful avatar of your again! Wink
You still collecting?
P.
TheGoodDr

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 am

Hey! It's been a long while, for sure. I got a little sidetracked.
I fell down the sneaker rabbit-hole and when I resurfaced I ended up almost exclusively buying Lego.
What's the haps these days? I see collecting has pretty much died which is disappointing. Are you still running the shop?
TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Yeah, but only just.  I almost exclusively sell Hot Toys and the odd Sideshow figure now.  I still import Transformers and some other stuff from Japan but my days of selling Hasbro product are well and truly over. Even NECA toys I don't bother with....mainly because of their ridiculous pricing.
Collecting toys certainly ain't what it used to be.  I don't even bother checking out the toys aisles anymore as I find most modern toys incredibly boring.
TheGoodDr

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:07 pm

It's a damn shame. I did find myself recently picking up a token stormtrooper from the 40th anni collection, but like you say most modern stuff is dull and repetitive.
Hot Toys seems to be the way to go, it's evolved into a pretty all-encompassing brand now. I barely hear a peep out of any of the other high end brands, but I guess I'm not exactly in the market for it.
Thankfully there's plenty of bombardment from Lego and enough tiny niche toys (usually Japanese) to keep me interested in general - especially right now (I'm currently a poor uni student - right in the midst of another bloody SW trilogy, how do I always manage to be jobless when this stuff happens! lol).
TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimr on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Whoa! Everyone grew up...me I am still pumpin the plastic into my veins....though the years have built up and the volume is pretty obnoxious these days...a gradual clean out needs to be a drastic one.

Still really love getting new items, mostly use Ebay, Aliexpress (Show.z is the GOD for anything TF, has a shiny new store) and Premium Collectibles (who I would love to recommend but the communication makes for some very disappointing unnecessary frustration).

Still regularly talk to the great man Sam who is also grown up now and being very thrifty and sensible (in my opinion) - BOOOOOO!

I drop in occasionally to see if there are any tip offs, but I always forget my password (miss the save password prompt EVERYTIME) so don't post.

These days I usually use facebook like Cleets. On the Marvel Legends Australia page but not really posting anything clever as its much easier to be clever if you don't put your real name to it Smile

Hoping all are doing well, really miss the golden years of the forums. Think the most fun I've had was the blog that lasted for a bit....but looking back realised that I was a bit of a knob - thanks for still loving me.

Now have a son and a job that takes up a lotta time, but you would not expect it! Oh and Pokemon Go...damn Pokemon go Level 35 sporting some hard pokes...two Articunos today...the adrenaline was too much.

But if you are still even marginally into ML drop on by the Marvel Legends Australia page, great crew of people.

If you know or part of any good collector facebook pages I'd love to know.

Grimr

Number of posts : 194
Trading Status : 11

View user profile http://samgrimr.mybb3.org/index.php?sid=f0b631dd04c425e4be263b38

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:43 am

Nice to hear from everyone. Grimr thanks for the heads up on the MLA forum, I have requested to join
Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 786
Trading Status : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top