ML Fan vote at SDCC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ML Fan vote at SDCC

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:06 am

Just saw this:

http://www.marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=19138

Seems Hasbro has picked 16 characters that fans can vote for to be in an upcoming ML wave. The mix is very Thor and GotG heavy - with some very obvious inclusions for re-dos, and at least one of the AWOL variants accounted for.

Options are:

Angela (Thor and GotG)
Black Nova (Sam Alexander) (Spider-Man, maybe GotG)
Symbiote Spider-Man (Spider-Man)
Borr (Thor)
Cosmo (GotG)
Darkhawk (GotG, maybe Spider-Man or Avengers)
Disir (Thor and GotG)
The Executioner (Thor)
Sif (Thor)
Lyra (Hulk)
Malekith (Thor)
Mysterio (Spider-Man)
Nebula (GotG)
Quasar (GotG, Avengers)
The Hood (Spider-Man, Avengers)
Ulik (Thor)

I'm of two minds over all this - firstly, there are some characters here who deserve a figure (Executioner, Darkhawk, Quasar); there are some that are too obvious and would be getting a figure anyway (Angela, Nova, new Mysterio) and there a couple who are real 'Huh?' one for me - Borr and Disir for sure. Also, Cosmo seems like he'd be a perfect pack in, or maybe part of a 'Pet Avengers' 3 pack with Throg and Ms Lion? Also, we've seen prototypes for Lyra and the Hood, so they would only need tweaking for release. I would be voting for Malekith or Nebula.

The second thing though - WHY WON'T THEY RELEASE SOME OTHER FIGURES WE'VE ALREADY SEEN?? Blade, Moonstar, Rescue, SONGBIRD!!!, ROGUE!!!!!!!!!!! I'd even be happy with the Northstar, Aurora, Silver Samurai or Multiple Man from waaaay back when.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ML Fan vote at SDCC

Post by The Iceman on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:04 am

Man, I have always wanted the Executioner done as either a stand alone or baf. Maybe Enchantress is already in the mix at this years reveal? They could also do Sif using the same buck. Ulik the troll is another easily retooled using last years SDCC figure in Blastaar. Quasar and Darkhawk would also get my nod.
Fully agree on comment "WHY WON'T THEY RELEASE SOME OTHER FIGURES WE'VE ALREADY SEEN?? Blade, Moonstar, Rescue, SONGBIRD!!!, ROGUE!!!!!!!!!!! I'd even be happy with the Northstar, Aurora, Silver Samurai or Multiple Man from waaaay back when."

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

Number of posts : 304
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:37 am

Why would you throw Symbiote Spidey in there again? He's been done at least three times already. Just do him right on the new buck. It's barely even a paint job. Leave him out of the vote!

awe

Number of posts : 489
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top