Judgement Day's !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Judgement Day's !

Post by Deno on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:53 am

Judgement Days!

Hello everybody, have not posted for a while, best wishes to all the members and the Moderator’s
And Founder’s of ozfigurama.
Hope you are all going well  Very Happy

Folks, I have really got to wonder what the hell is wrong with this world???

Why do people put Judgement on me because I am a collector of Figures and Toy’s?
Has the human race become so shallow, and simple that they do not take pleasure in just existing? and have the persuit of putting us down ?
I have been Collecting many science fiction and movie pop culture items since a very early age (1985) when my grandmother gave me my first G1 transformer, a red lambo called “Sideswipe”

I have found in the last few years, a lot of my friends have become very shallow and are Judging me because I collect figures and toys.

I have lost Girlfriends because of my collections because they say “you are a grown man”
“Your 35 to 40 age group what are you doing collecting toys” “you are a child not a grown man”
“Grown men do not do this “Blah, Blah, and Blah. I mean seriously folks WTF to this!

We all love action figures and movie Replica’s that remind us of our greatest hero’s
And villains, (I still remember watching Predator for the very first time in 1987) Stan Winston was the Man!!

So why do, as they say “Normal People” or the Sheeple masses have such an issue with me and my collections. I just don’t get it and I do not understand any more!!

Some folks are even selling entire collections because their friends are saying you should not do this.
Who are they to Judge, these big better deal people?

I just believe “live and let live” allow others to enjoy whatever makes them happy
And stop bloody judging people because we are all into different things.
And we should all appreciate each other and each to their own I say!

Please someone tell me what is the difference between collecting stamps for e.g.
Collecting classic cars, collecting Baseball cards, model kits, and figures. Collecting assets, money ect.
Is this not what is called an enjoyable hobby? Of what each individual is into.

Or am I completely nuts gone overboard, crashed my star ship and now being court martialled

Just tired of being judged!
We will never get to travel the stars at this rate!

On a final note wonderful people: Please Support Figures Direct! The Good Doctor is a Legend and a champion and without this very kind soul, and all his hard work and effort’s I would not have some of my most treasured item’s and I am sure you would not either!

Captain Deno of the U.S.S Sovereign signing off!
End of Starfleet Transmission.

Deno

Number of posts : 102
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day's !

Post by fishmilkshake on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:32 am

Dude! You're just surrounded by the wrong people.

There are plenty of supportive people out there, you just need to find them (or let them find you).

If your friends give you grief (not just a gentle poke for fun) then there's something not right about that.

As for partners.....fuck that! I'd never be with someone who was derogatory about my collecting. My wife doesn't "get it" in terms of the superheros and stuff....but she knows they make me very happy and is therefore supportive of that. As she says...."so long as any hobby you have is not detrimental to your health (physically or financially), why wouldn't I support you?"

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 426
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deno on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:22 am

You are the Man Fishmilkshake ! thank you for your very wise words, another genuine kind soul.

cheers hey Smile

Deno

Number of posts : 102
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:48 am

You only get one life buddy (still no proof otherwise).

I once worked in a comic book store and we had a customer who was obssessed with Star Trek. Her friend told me in confidence that she would rather go without eating if it meant picking up another Star Trek item. This is when collecting is a risk to your health, but also to your family.

However, if it's something that makes you happy and it doesn't stop you paying the bills, then why would anyone want to take that away from you?

My wife loves shoes and jewellry. I don't know why she need 100+ pairs of shoes....but it makes her happy and we always pay our bills so why not? If she's happy, then I'm happy

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 426
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcade Goon on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:14 am

I bet the same people that give you shit for collecting toys really like watching big brother, The Bachelor and the cooking shows (playschool for adults)

Most people have a strong desire to fit in and be one of the group. Don't fall for it, it's a trap! Very Happy

Arcade Goon

Number of posts : 11
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2014-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top