Amazon no longer shipping action figures to Australia?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon no longer shipping action figures to Australia?

Post by Jor-El on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:38 am

Seems like it's suddenly happened. :/ Every single action figure, even ones I've recently purchased and received, no longer ship here.

Really disappointing given their low cost shipping.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amazon no longer shipping action figures to Australia?

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:34 am

Wow. Really?

That's a major bummer. Between Amazon and mattycollector.com, I can't remember the last time I've purchased something from a store in Australia (due to a combination of availability (i.e. it's just not sold here) and price (i.e. it's almost twice the price here)).

Oh well. I guess it will save me money. I've been watching DC Collectibles Arrow and Flash figures (and a few others like New52 Supergirl and Batgirl) on Amazon, but I wouldn't pay the $35 or more that Aussie retailers want for those figures.

And there's always Chinese sellers on Ebay!

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 am

I only just got a package last week, too, with SW Black Chewie and Stormtroopers, and a DCC Earth 2 Superman. Vader finally available last night and I discover this shit. Now every figure I try that used to ship, no longer does. :/

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Very disappointing. I wonder why?

I somewhat understood when Playmates told them to stop selling the Classics Collection on Amazon because they were planned for an international release, but a lot of action figures never make it down under.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:23 am

Bummer. Just snuck in with the Speeder Bike/Jabba I guess. I was kinda hoping to get the Tauntaun from them too but I guess not.

Did Hasbro just wake up? Or is it bigger than that? I might shoot them an email to see whom I need to complain to.

awe

EDIT: Wow. Even Marvel Select are verboten. They've really yanked the lot.

awe

Number of posts : 488
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:12 am

Yeah, seems like everything. DC Collectibles, Schleich, Funko... almost like Amazon just decided "fuck it, no more".

Weirdly, though, the Dark Horse GoT "figures" still ship. But it would seem no one wants them anyway. Razz

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:33 am

Amazon answered but they didn't "answer". But then, did I really expect "Deepak" to know if TRU or Hasbro AU had given them an ultimatum?

Basically a lot of waffle without really giving a reason. Even digging around in their shipping FAQs simply amounts to them saying Toys won't ship overseas, so it may be ALL countries, not just Australia.

Actually, I would be really interested to know if it WAS just Oz. Anybody know if they still ship to NZ or UK for instance?

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:18 am

Getting even fishier... I can buy the Star Wars Black Jedi Luke and Sandtrooper, but any other figure I try I cannot buy (they add to my cart and tell me shipping price, whereas ones that don't ship will say so in the shipping price section). Left my wallet at home so can't completely confirm this until I can go through the full checkout process. :/

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:29 am

Amazon's answer:

These items have two different ASIN numbers hence are listed as two different products. There are shipping restrictions for the one that is unable to be shipped based on the county in which you reside hence why you are allowed to purchase one and not the other.

I don't understand how I can buy these two figures and yet all others I cannot. Razz

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Wow - this is a gigantic bummer. How are you contacting Amazon? How many of you have a lot of people on Facebook? In the shitty event that this is a recent decision for whatever reason it might be worth mounting an email campaign, asking them to reconsider as long time Amazon customers.

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Argh that sucks, I got a great deal off amazon for a black series stormtrooper and speeder bike recently, was thinking about ordering more, wouldn't be surprised if the government was behind it somehow, they seem to be trying their hardest to take any pleasure out of life lately

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:24 pm

My youngest is devastated, she has been saving for a set of dolls and she will get the last money she needs next week but now we cannot order the dolls because of this.
And also - it is going to make it difficult to keep up with SW black

Blaster

Number of posts : 382
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:31 am

It's pretty simple really, IKON Collectibles, the wholesale arm of Popcultcha in Australia are getting the exclusive rights to everything.

I noticed the other day when I tried to get the HT Stormtrooper 2 pack that Sideshow no longer ship Hot Toys figures to Australia.

IKON have the exclusive rights to Funko stuff. My LCS can't get them from anywhere overseas anymore because they have to get them from IKON.

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 423
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saile92 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:47 am

on average, how much do you save buying from amazon compare to Aust? After, current exchange and shipping

Saile92

Number of posts : 71
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2014-04-25

View user profile http://cosmiczone.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:17 am

Depends on what is ordered. Shipping is the big incentive, as it's really low.

An example, I paid AU$146 shipped for two SW Black Speeder Bikes and a Marvel Select Red Hulk. And that was before Amazon discounted the Speeder Bikes.

So for the price of two Speeder Bikes in Aus (which are apparently $80 each full price) I got two Speeder Bikes, an extra figure that would be about $30-$45 here (although it was an exclusive, so not sure it was even available here) and $14 change.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saile92 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:24 am

That's a really good price. I can understand why it's beneficial.

Sometimes buy price is more than the sell price for Aussie retailers hence why you find it more expensive here.

Shipping may be cheap for a few small products, but it's a completely different story when the retailer may be bringing in pallets of stock.

Saile92

Number of posts : 71
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2014-04-25

View user profile http://cosmiczone.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:31 am

fishmilkshake wrote:It's pretty simple really, IKON Collectibles, the wholesale arm of Popcultcha in Australia are getting the exclusive rights to everything.

I noticed the other day when I tried to get the HT Stormtrooper 2 pack that Sideshow no longer ship Hot Toys figures to Australia.

IKON have the exclusive rights to Funko stuff. My LCS can't get them from anywhere overseas anymore because they have to get them from IKON.

Really? I would like to know how much exclusive rights to everything would cost someone.

If that's the case it really sucks. I ordered the Summer Exclusive Hot Toys Iron Man Python from Sideshow and even coming from the U.S. and including shipping was still a lot cheaper than what PopCultcha was asking for a pre-order.

I wonder if Robot Kingdom is big enough to be hit by this.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:48 am

[quote="awe
Really? I would like to know how much exclusive rights to everything would cost someone.

If that's the case it really sucks. I ordered the Summer Exclusive Hot Toys Iron Man Python from Sideshow and even coming from the U.S. and including shipping was still a lot cheaper than what PopCultcha was asking for a pre-order.

[/quote]

Well for starters, I'm sure there's a mandatory minimum of product to be ordered each year.

What it means is if there's someone who is a distributor in another country, they cannot supply overseas orders with product without risking having their own accounts suspended or canceled, etc.

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:53 am

awe wrote:
fishmilkshake wrote:It's pretty simple really, IKON Collectibles, the wholesale arm of Popcultcha in Australia are getting the exclusive rights to everything.

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Blaster wrote:My youngest is devastated, she has been saving for a set of dolls and she will get the last money she needs next week but now we cannot order the dolls because of this.

I was just able to order the set of Dolls for my daughter that i could not order a week ago.- hopefully it wont be cancelled or anything like that
I also seemed to be able to add SW black and get passed the the point I was before without it telling me i could not have it - have to wait though payday tomorrow

Blaster

Number of posts : 382
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Looking good for me too. Wonder what the hell happened? I give up in trying to understand.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Interesting. Hopefully everything has returned to "normal" again.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Holt on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:16 pm

i just ordered 4 different tamashii nations figuarts figure effects with no problems this week, it even says they shipped.
Strange how one week prior to ordering they wouldn't ship here, and a few weeks prior to that they would.

Steve Holt
Looks excited

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top