2015 sub - possible organisation.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2015 sub - possible organisation.....

Post by fuzzcat on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 am

Hey,

I've been thinking about who might actually be in the sub this year, and how they might meet the promise of finishing the vintage lines (not including POP variants), and include some other media characters.

Here's what I have......

12 slots (unreavealed in no particular order)
Lizard Man
Ninjor
Huntara
Angella
Perfuma
Peekablue
Squeeze
Saurod
Dragstor
Black Attack
Mara (NA)
? (I'm thinking Lodar for some reason, or maybe even Despara?)

Quarterly:

1st ($52) - Snake 2 pack (He-Man vs Hsss)
2nd ($42) - Multi-bot (based entirely on the heads photo floating around)
3rd ($26) - Buzzsaw Hordak
4th ($52) - Laser 2 pack (He-Man Vs Skeletor)

Holiday in-sub item ($60) - Flying Fist He-Man Vs Terror Claw Skeletor (their weapons will be tooled up the wazoo, and they would likely include extras like Filmation props or maybe even a Meteorb?)

So that leaves a chase figure (if they do that again) and the out of sub item (if 100.09% gets us one). Oh, and notice no 200X in the list? That would be because of a mini-sub. Six figures and sub exclusive - Evil Seed, Calix ($30/$32 figure), Horde Wraith, King Miro, Prahvus and Veena. Exclusive I'm thinking 200X head pak (would cause a lot of anger but is a smart move to ensure sub sales) or maybe teenage Adam.

Thoughts?

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 sub - possible organisation.....

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 am

That all seems pretty likely.

I would expect at least one SDCC exclusive as well, although given the lack of resources dedicated to Filmation Hordak (and the ambivalent reception to Filmation Hordak), maybe we shouldn't expect too much from the 2015 SDCC exclusive.

And there were Skeletor's Hover Robots as the travelling convention exclusive. Although, with Mattel attending so few conventions, I'm not sure how well they will be distributed.

The only question I have is that Toyguru keeps talking about completing A-List "other media" in 2015 and there really doesn't appear to be enough slots in 2015 to do many, if any, "other media" characters. I guess Huntara could be the single representative of PoP Filmation, Lizard Man the single representative of MOTU Filmation, maybe Lodar as the single representative of the mini-comics?

I also vaguely recall something about 2015 having as much NA (or maybe almost as much NA) as 2014, so I would expect to see at least one or two more NA characters in addition to Mara (Lizorr, Crita, Darius and Sagitar seem to be the most popular/heavily rumoured). But, I'm not sure where they would fit other than in the sole remaining monthly slot.

As for a 200X mini-subscription, I'd be solely interested in a 200X Sorceress and Horde/Shadow Wraiths. But, they'd have to make plenty of Wraiths as they must realise that people would want to army build.

The following also appear to be consistently rumoured for 2015, although the chances of any of them being made may have decreased due to the poor/slow sales of the 2015 Club Eternia subscription:

- toy-design She-Ra
- toy-design Catra
- Clawdeen or Storm (at least one of these seems to be due for release)
- Granita
- Lord Masque
- Stridor
- Mantisaur
- Point Dread (and Talon Fighter)

A lot of the above seems like wishful thinking, but it's possible that some of them have been sculpted and shelved by the 4H. Rumours suggest that Toyguru does like swapping figures/releases around randomly.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:22 am

I realise I forgot to add Rotar and Twistoid as SDCC exclusive two pack - wuth legs!

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 am

Multibot is the definite $42 slot, given the comparison to Modulok's price.

I expected the $52 slots to be 2 packs of He-Man/Skeletor's remaining variants, so was surprised to see the Snake pack. I think the other one is Flying Fists/Terror Claws, while the $60 pack is their Laser Light versions, just to end the line of versions that most people never saw and possibly even include special packaging.

I've also heard that the $60 item could be Buzz Saw Hordak with Mantisaur, but I'm skeptical, particularly on Mantisaur's lack of re-use. I would say BS Hordak is likely as the other quarterly and may even come with the King Hsss snakes as an extra incentive to sell that turd.

Twistoid/Rotar would be an obvious SDCC choice, given they're not incredibly popular and would suit an out of sub item. But again, this could be anything.

I'm butthurt we won't see Stridor. Given he'd be reused for Nightstalker, there's just no logical reason to include him in a slot and not reuse him. :/

Otherwise, Evil Seed is speculated as being possible. He's been long requested in from both Filmation and 200X fans.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top