SDCC Exclusive revealed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SDCC Exclusive revealed

Post by Jor-El on Thu May 01, 2014 6:41 am

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2014/04/30/sdcc-reveals-start-right-now-motuc-dcu-today-more-on-56-513/

So disappointing. Looks like absolute shit. Even Imp looks like a terrible knock off.

Mattel can seriously go **** themselves with this one. Filmation Hordak should have been a home run, deluxe set with several interchangeable and Hordak in rocket form. A quality imp and several of his differen forms. Such an opportunity wasted by these clowns.

Plus they have the con-only "Imp as a chest" item none of us can get. Would have been fine with this if they gave us a more substantial item here. Repaint with a crap looking Imp and one arm to swap in.... screw that.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SDCC Exclusive revealed

Post by Artistix on Sun May 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Well, it will be good to have Imp. Not very interesting overall.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sun May 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Artistix wrote:Well, it will be good to have Imp. Not very interesting overall.

I always thought Imp was bigger - more Kowl's size.

He looks too much like a Kinder Surprise toy to me..... but because I am such a MOTU whore, I'll be getting one.

I don't see why they didn't do a Rotar/Twistoid 2 pack - or maybe someone with Gwildor (who surely won't get a monthly slot - he's half the size of a regular figure!)

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 pm

It gets better...

Toy Guru on "Filmation" Hordak's lack of Filmation head:
Not giving Hordak a unique head was not a budget choice. We had the budget to do that if we wanted to. We chose to delibertly use existing parts so Filmation Hordak would fit into the line look of all the other figures (and the other Hordaks). Much as we did for Filmation Randor. We didn't want one Hordak looking very different from the rest. All should blend. We could one day do an animted line with a different look, but that would not be Classics.

It was not a budget choice, it was a design choice by Marketing, design and the Horsemen together. We did discuss this at length as we knew whichever way we went would not please all fans. In the end, we absolutely stand by our choice to keep all Hordaks looking similar and all figures in "Classics" style.
 salute

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Mon May 05, 2014 5:47 pm

It was not a budget choice, it was a design choice by Marketing, design and the Horsemen together. We did discuss this at length as we knew whichever way we went would not please all fans. In the end, we absolutely stand by our choice to keep all Hordaks looking similar and all figures in "Classics" style.

Then why not include a SECOND head to keep EVERYONE happy douche-bag??

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Mon May 05, 2014 7:01 pm

So how does that NOT contradict NA Skeletor? His head vs the other Skeletor figures couldn't be more different.

Surely they could explain the different look in one of the wankfest... I mean, bios.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Tue May 06, 2014 3:05 pm

I think there was one person on the internet that wanted that head repainted. But i just figured he was trolling. =-p~

Yeh the argument of it being 'consistent with the look of the line' is just complete crap. Bad call on the head is all it is.

Seems to be a few customizers making the heads though, or attempting it at least.

I will most likely try and get it, but wont lament missing out if thats what happens.

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top