Online Survivor-style game (Australian Stranded)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Online Survivor-style game (Australian Stranded)

Post by Jor-El on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:26 am

Hi guys

I've been involved in the ORG (online reality game) community for the past couple of years, mainly playing ORGs that are based on the reality TV show Survivor (ie. compete in challenges, vote people out until one person wins).

It's an incredibly fun, borderline addictive hobby and I actually finally won a game late last year (it was Game of Thrones themed) after 2 years of trying. Razz

Anyway, I've now gotten involved in co-hosting several franchises, one of which is the one that I cut my teeth in, called Australian Stranded. People who play take on the rep of a real Survivor player (in my season, I was Jenna Morasca... check the Playboy pics!) and play anonymously as that "character" as part of a tribe, initially, competing in online challenges for immunity, with the losing tribe voting out one of their own. At about the middle stage of the game, the tribes merge into one and everyone competes for individual immunity (safe from the vote) until there are 2 or 3 left. They then sit in the final tribal council and a jury (made up of the previous 7 to 9 players voted out of the game) grill them about their games and then vote for a winner.

Much like real Survivor, a lot of social strategy is required, but many players take different approaches and have won by playing very differently. You can be a social player, a player who dominates challenges, a player who strategically manoeuvres their way through, or a crazy person who nobody takes seriously. You can act the hero or the villian. Basically do whatever you want.

By way of participation, it's totally up to you. Generally, the expectation is you'll check in regularly (it's online forum based) and events are run Sundays through Thursday (with some exceptions) in the evenings and on Australian Eastern Standard time. Events (ie. challenges and tribal councils) generally run for about an hour or so combined. Tribal councils are half an hour and challenge times can vary (some may be over quickly, some may take a while). Attendance isn't mandatory. Ettiquette is that if you try to make most events but if you can't, you let your tribe know. You can pre-vote before tribal councils as well, although it's nice to attend so the hosts can ask you questions. Most of your time would be checking in with fellow players via private message and having conversations in that medium. Some take it very seriously and are online a lot, some not so much. Every and all styles of participation have been successful, depending on how the players react to the situation.

If you are interested in playing in what will be the 14th season of Australian Stranded, it will begin late June and run for about 4 weeks, drop me a PM (it is an anonymous game, so don't reply in this thread!). The cast will consist of a lot of people who have never played before, which is the aim of the franchise in bringing in new players.

I will also add that I am hosting my own ORG starting July 31st and will be using characters from Quentin Tarantino films. The cast will consist of a lot of experienced ORG players but if you are interested in playing, also, drop me a PM. I would suggest you start with Stranded though! Hey, why not play both! Wink

Thanks all!

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Survivor-style game (Australian Stranded)

Post by Jor-El on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Bumping this to see if there's any interest. June 28 start date, quick summation:
- Live immunity challenges and tribal councils (usually one event per night Sun-Thu)
- Events not mandatory to attend (but ideally, you should try to attend challenges to be an active tribe member)
- Most of your game is private messaged base - form alliances, strategies and general getting to know your tribe
- Game runs for about 4 weeks

It's a fun experience and even if you're not a fan of Survivor, you can get a lot out of this just in terms of playing a game of strategy littered with "mini-games" through it.

PM me if you're keen, we're short a full cast and need to finalise numbers ASAP.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:21 am

Sorry, not my kind of thing.

I hope it ends up with the numbers you require to continue, though. :-)

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:44 am

Preparing for the 15th season of this. Had no sign ups from here for last season but don't let that stop you from signing up for this one. Even if you're not a Survivor fan, this game will test you and is an amazingly fun experience.

To give you an idea of how serious the hosts take it, here's the DVD cover for last season (it's an honorary thing to commemorate the best 6 players of the season):

And here's the intro to the finale:

If you're interested or want to know more, drop me a message! Smile

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top