Unnamed One - SPOILER - Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unnamed One - SPOILER - Thread

Post by DroothR on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:27 pm

First, the setup:
2014 Club Eternia®: About the Unnamed One

MOTUC Fans, You probably know by now that the Unnamed One™ is the exclusive figure that only 2014 Club Eternia® subscribers will receive. But here are some things you may not know…

About the Character

So first things first… just who is the Unnamed One™?

For starters, he’s the mastermind behind the Snake Men®, as well as the perpetrator of a whole lot of wayward wickedness throughout the Masters’ world. He was first mentioned in the 1986 mini-comic “The Powers of Grayskull, Part 1″ and he also appears in the bios of the Snake Men® warriors and their rotten-to-the-core leader, King Hssss™. Why? You’ll have to wait until he shows up in your mailbox in 2014 for the full story. What we can tell you now is that his arc is crucial in tying together the entire Masters story.        

About the Figure

• Befitting this legendary character, his figure is almost completely newly tooled! This isn’t just He-Man® with a new head – his only shared part is the arms.
  • Two heads really are better than one, especially when it comes to the Unnamed One™. He’ll arrive with an alternate noggin (but why??) and two accessories, one of them a magic burst. The question is what wrongdoing was wrought by that magic burst?
  • Like King He-Man™ with a scar over his eye and a beat-up Power Sword™, the Unnamed One™ will feature visual details that help tell the story of his malevolent existence.

Although the Unnamed One™ has remained shrouded in mystery for more than 25 years, we promise all will be revealed with his release as the Club Eternia® exclusive figure in 2014. He’s much more than a collection-essential figure, he’s storyline-essential so don’t miss this opportunity to make him yours. Sign up for a 2014 Club Eternia® subscription today!

–Matty
...and now, the "storyline-essential" character behind the Snake Men, Hordak, and Skeletor, who has remained shrouded in mystery for more than 25 years has NOW been revealed in a leaked photo!

SPOILERS BELOW!

Spoiler:
Original link (for He-Man.Org members): http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=92709&d=1391965815
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152242447706122&set=o.57309659843&type=1&theater

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1509
Trading Status : 23
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unnamed One - SPOILER - Thread

Post by Shocka on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:52 pm

What in the hell is that?! Is anyone happy with this?

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Not what I was expecting for The Unnamed One.

And not what I was expecting for an "A-List/vintage" only 2014/2015 reveal.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Xenaphobia wrote:Not what I was expecting for The Unnamed One.

And not what I was expecting for an "A-List/vintage" only 2014/2015 reveal.

I think we are all past the point of knowing the "A-List" guarantee isn't worth a pinch of shit - mainly because the endless 'There aren't enough slots to do EVERY A-List-whatever faction-figure" argument means someone will always have something to rage about. Besides, we have had no clarification about what constitutes A-List - I know Huntara and Mara sure as hell aren't A-List for me, whereas Lizard Man and Hawke personally are.

With this figure - meh, I'm past caring. If anyone at Mattel knew what they were doing, they would've made Two Bad the 'sub' figure from the get go (instead of making him sub only AFTER it appeared the 2014 sub was in trouble), and filled the Jan slot with any old crap.

IF it's true - it's just more bloated self-indulgent noise from Toy-Douche - but it is still MOTUC and would have a place in my collection.

I'm such a whore......

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Idea As a figure, I don't mind it. It's "MotU-esque", and has a bit of the Horsemen's flair to it. tongue 

Exclamation But as a character, THE greatest evil in the MotU universe - the one secretly behind ALL of the greatest threats to good across time and space - and as the end reveal of "25 years of mystery", and Mattel's "love letter" to the MotU fans? As that, it's completely (and bizarrely) underwhelming.  Neutral

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1509
Trading Status : 23
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Actually kinda what I expected, once I read that build up.

Eh. I've bought worse. :/

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:23 am

fuzzcat wrote:I think we are all past the point of knowing the "A-List" guarantee isn't worth a pinch of shit - mainly because the endless 'There aren't enough slots to do EVERY A-List-whatever faction-figure" argument means someone will always have something to rage about.

Yeah. I know. Still, it's a little disappointing. I don't recall ever reading any "want list" that contained anything similar to The Unnamed One, but there are plenty of other non-vintage characters which do seem to have been consistently on people's want lists, like Eldor. I personally am not interested in Eldor, but from my understanding, it appears the fan community is and at this late stage in the game, that should matter more than Toyguru's ego.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:15 am

I like the figure.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 am

Xenaphobia wrote:
fuzzcat wrote:I think we are all past the point of knowing the "A-List" guarantee isn't worth a pinch of shit - mainly because the endless 'There aren't enough slots to do EVERY A-List-whatever faction-figure" argument means someone will always have something to rage about.

Yeah. I know. Still, it's a little disappointing. I don't recall ever reading any "want list" that contained anything similar to The Unnamed One, but there are plenty of other non-vintage characters which do seem to have been consistently on people's want lists, like Eldor. I personally am not interested in Eldor, but from my understanding, it appears the fan community is and at this late stage in the game, that should matter more than Toyguru's ego.
Hear, hear.
Smile

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:35 am

Two-Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, Scorpia, Modulok, Flogg, Madame Razz, Extendar....I didn't realise these were such lowly regarded D list figures.

Clearly ToyGuru didn't either.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 am

^^^^

LOL. All right. You win this round, but I will win the war!

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top