Marvel Legends Infinite Series

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Marvel Legends Infinite Series

Post by fishmilkshake on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 am

awe wrote:Exactly! ^^^^
Why repeat Skull and Zemo? Why wouldn't you repeat the army builders?

Why limit any piece of a BAF to one per case?!

It's mental.

They keep saying that 'collectors' are their minority buyers and that it's kids with their "Moms" that are their bread and butter. This is why there's 50 Cap figures to a case and only one Black Widow. I call bullshit on that. No collector will ever walk into a retail store and find all the Cap figures gone and nothing but A.I.M Agents clogging the pegs.

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 426
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Here's an interesting read on this. Seems most of it is out of Hasbro's hands...
http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/article-missing-in-action-marvel.html?m=1

He also lists out all the legends we should have gotten before these Infinite waves showed up.

awe

Number of posts : 488
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 am

I underestimated how frustrating it is to have all but one piece of this BAF secured. Not enough to pay the $70-80 plus shipping she is going for. But still. It irks me.

Maybe Mandroids will show up cheap from Hong Kong in a few months, like Iron Mongers are at the moment?

It could happen.

EDIT: Well, I feel like I've just won the lottery. After camping on Black Widow's Amazon page for most of the day without luck, but seeing over on Fwoosh that people _were_ getting her, I had given up....frustrated... went to mow the lawn. Came back just now and decided for another try. Its so weird. It's like Amazon is putting up one at a time. I had her vanish twice before I could complete checkout but the third time was the lucky one. I still don't really believe it. I'm looking at the order in my account waiting for it to disappear. I won't rest till she shows up I guess. I'm going to go back to pre-orders. This hunt stuff is too much for my nerves. G'night.

EDIT II: Btw, if anyone is still interested in wave 2, Cap, WS, Zemo and Skull look to be refreshed too and seem to be holding steady at $16.99

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:38 am

Nice work Awe!

I'm gonne get that Mandroid piece that comes with Widow and see if I can make a cast of it.

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:42 am

Thanks! Just dumb luck.

I was just staring at the awful 3.75" inch Winter Soldier stuff in TRU. Can't imagine Hasno(clue) is making the call on anything but price point. Because it sure as heck is not on quality. Poor Aussie kids. It's a choice between that and those Titan figs? Think I would just stay out of figs altogether.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:28 am

I posted this in the SW thread, not sure of the validity, but this is what I got from a large ebay seller when I inquired about international shipping.

Sadly, Hasbro is no longer allowing US sellers to ship their product overseas so you will not be able to see any of our Hasbro product going forward. If you want us to send you Hasbro product, you have to visit the US Ebay site to view our Hasbro offerings, then have your item shipped to a friend in the US. I understand that this is a very unreasonable expectation, but sadly, it is the only solution we are left with. As you can imagine, we are pretty upset about it as it represents about 20% of our total sales. You will find other sellers who have decided to simply ignore this rule at their own risk. Hasbro has threatened to pull the account of anyone attempting to sell overseas. We can not risk our account being pulled so we have had decided to abide by their policy. We are urging them to reconsider and are trying to find a legal way around the policy.

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:07 am

Maybe we hurt their feelings?

Playmates pulled this crap last year too. I couldn't get Bebop and Rocksteady through BBTS.

I can only speculate that Hasbro AU or local retailers are complaining or expecting exclusivity? Now when we are due to get product (IF we get it at all) up to 6 months later than the US, why would they think we wouldn't buy local?

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:14 am

awe wrote:Maybe we hurt their feelings?

Playmates pulled this crap last year too. I couldn't get Bebop and Rocksteady through BBTS.

I can only speculate that Hasbro AU or local retailers are complaining or expecting exclusivity? Now when we are due to get product (IF we get it at all) up to 6 months later than the US, why would they think we wouldn't buy local?

The problem is that Hasbro don't want US based sellers selling overseas as it steps on the toes of Hasbro Australia who have the distribution rights.

But what happens when Hasbro Australia choose not to get a product like the Legends Cap Series? You ask Hasbro and they say "take it up with Hasbro Australia", which you do and they say "sorry".

There needs to be an amendment to the agreement that says Hasbro Australia have the exclusive rights to Hasbro product in Australia, except where they choose not to stock a product which then opens it up to other sellers.

It's a vicious cycle that's unfortunately being pedalled by brain damaged monkeys.

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:33 am

I'm glad I ditched ML collecting years ago and just grab figures here and there. I'd love a Black Widow but given I have a total of ZERO ML Movie Avengers, it's not a whole in my collection.

I just wish Marvel Select would make one. Their Wolverine from last year was pretty much the toy of the year for me. I salivate at how good a Widow would be. Certainly a lot better than the ML version (which, granted, looks really good for what it is, but MS would look way better).

It's just a shame that the things EVERYONE wants are always in such short supply. The man hours alone I put into trying to get a MP Soundwave were mindblowing. Razz

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:33 am

Oh, BTW, if anyone gets a spare Widow, keep me in mind. Razz

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 am

Jor-El wrote:Oh, BTW, if anyone gets a spare Widow, keep me in mind. Razz

I just paid for my ML movie Widow (wasn't cheap) but only want the BAF piece - when she's here I'll be posting her available for any interested parties. She'll come with everything bar the torso piece.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 am

Jor-El wrote:Oh, BTW, if anyone gets a spare Widow, keep me in mind. Razz

Look at my updated trade list I have the series 2 in there except for the BAF pieces.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:51 am

PM'd!!! Smile

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:52 am

Widow showed up today. Here's my Mandroid almost complete. His head is in Melbourne.

EDIT: Amazing figure (the face is spot on. Better than the Hot Toys WS effort which looks gender confused) but tiny, tiny feet. Had to grab a stand to pose her.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 am

Widow is packing some camel toe, other then that she looks good.
WTF about Hasbro not allowing OS shipping. That sux.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Otter wrote:Widow is packing some camel toe, other then that she looks good.
WTF about Hasbro not allowing OS shipping. That sux.

Geez! Didn't notice that. Sorry Scar-Jo  Embarassed 

I reposted that mail over on OzFormers and most people thought the seller was talking crap. The same email popped up over on tfw2005 from an Italian guy (and everybody knows the problems with shipping to Italy).

I would hate to see it happen, but then I can't see how Hasbro could stop the small time resellers that buy at retail.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hungry Emo on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:24 am

Guardians of the Galaxy wave is up on Amazon for pre-order.

For some reason the Rocket one doesn't ship internationally.

Hungry Emo

Number of posts : 2
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2014-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 am

Amazon is so stupid sometimes. I understand an entire line having that issue but one figure is crazy.

I'd rather the ML Rocket, still looking to hunt him down for a decent price.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:59 am

The Spiderman Legends series wave 2 (Toxin, Boomerang, Spidergirl) is over on MightyApe.com.au for a pre-order date of May 2014...

...and a price of $54.99 per figure!!!

FTW? Seriously. What's going on? I thought maybe it was just the short packs but, no, Spideys are the same price. Then I thought maybe I was in the NZD site. Nope.

This can't be right. If this is reflective of what they'll be at mass retail?.... Joke. If not...f$&! those guys.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:57 am

Hahaha $55 a figure, tell em they're dreaming!

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:42 am

Mighty Ape have some crazy prizes sometimes. I guess it depends on where they get them.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hungry Emo on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:52 am

Jor-El wrote:Amazon is so stupid sometimes. I understand an entire line having that issue but one figure is crazy.

I actually just emailed them to point this out and they added it to my order within the hour. Pretty good service. Hopefully they've fixed it so it will ship just like the others right off the bat.

Hungry Emo

Number of posts : 2
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2014-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 am

awe wrote:The Spiderman Legends series wave 2 (Toxin, Boomerang, Spidergirl) is over on MightyApe.com.au for a pre-order date of May 2014...

...and a price of $54.99 per figure!!!

FTW? Seriously. What's going on? I thought maybe it was just the short packs but, no, Spideys are the same price. Then I thought maybe I was in the NZD site. Nope.

This can't be right. If this is reflective of what they'll be at mass retail?.... Joke. If not...f$&! those guys.

Are you happy with $30 each ... I can order it...and you can pick it up from me.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:38 am

sher1888 wrote:Are you happy with $30 each ... I can order it...and you can pick it up from me.

Cheers mate. I'm pretty much sorted for these guys. I just got a bit worked up over how the price point is moving for figures in this part of the world. I had just seen how Marvel 3 3/4" is now $18 and then this.

I have to remember though, that we are such a smaller market than the States. We'll probably never have a retailer with as much power as Walmart here. But while the Aussie is high, it's SO much better buying from America (except for shipping of course).

-awe

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:00 am

awe wrote:
sher1888 wrote:Are you happy with $30 each ... I can order it...and you can pick it up from me.

Cheers mate. I'm pretty much sorted for these guys. I just got a bit worked up over how the price point is moving for figures in this part of the world. I had just seen how Marvel 3 3/4" is now $18 and then this.

I have to remember though, that we are such a smaller market than the States. We'll probably never have a retailer with as much power as Walmart here. But while the Aussie is high, it's SO much better buying from America (except for shipping of course).

-awe

Its economics, low supply + high demand = high price.

Just some CEO's need to get fired and not realizing the potential sales on these figures. They just think that there is no market for adult toys.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:22 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top