Feeling the sting of Mattel/Digital River's inneptitude.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feeling the sting of Mattel/Digital River's inneptitude.

Post by DroothR on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:58 am

I've had it pretty lucky in dealing with Matty/DR so far with the line, with no real issues so far.

Until this year. Shocked 

Long story short...

- I tried to order a sub during the subscription period, but got to the final stage with a blank screen, and received no confirmation email in the following days.
- Days later I tried again, this time reaching a confirmation screen, and receiving email confirmation. Success!
- Noticing something not quite right on my credit card, I check My Subscriptions to see that BOTH subs went through (which I can't even remotely afford).
- I contacted Matty, asking to cancel one of the orders (I requested the first, being that I had no records for that one), and was told that under NO circumstances could either sub be cancelled.
- I post on the Matty forums, and am told that the issue has been re-addressed, and that I'll be contacted shortly.
- Two weeks later (yesterday), I receive SIX simultaneous emails telling me that my first order is cancelled due to credit card authorization failure (despite having more than enough funds).
- While this potentially solves my 1-sub-too-many issue, the reasoning for the cancellation made no sense, so I checked My Subscriptions to see that order #1 is indeed now cancelled ("Complete", but under that "Cancelled"), but order #2 is "Submitted", not "Complete".

So now I have no idea if I have ANY 2014 subscription at all. Sad

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling the sting of Mattel/Digital River's inneptitude.

Post by Mahzian on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:50 am

Yeah their emails need a lot of work, I signed up for the DCIE sub (just one) and received 4 emails of the same "your credit card has had an authorisation error" message because they decided to cancel the sub.

I'm kind of glad to be done with it in regards to DC next year, Matty/Digital River is fraught with difficulties.

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Ok, after emailing them today, I got a prompt response telling me that the canceled order was done at my request (props to the Matty forum team!).

Of course, it would have been nice if I received ANY kind of communication on this, since receiving emails telling me that it was canceled due to card error indicates to me that it was canceled due to a card error, not a DR employee doing what I requested.

So ONE sub I now have!!! Smile

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:34 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top