SDCC reveals (line-up to end of the year and start of 2014)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SDCC reveals (line-up to end of the year and start of 2014)

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:36 am

Pics to come but here's the info I can gauge:

September: Batros (Club FILMation); Jet Sled with Sky High (non-sub?)

October: Mantenna (Club Eternia, September figure but delayed); Lord Dactus (Club Eternia); Horde Troopers (Club Eternia quarterly item); Nepthu (Club FILMation); End of Wars weapons pack

Stan Lee’s Comicazi Exclusive Nov 1-3: Standor (figure based on Stan Lee's likeness, will be released on Mattycollector after the Comicazi event)

November: Geldor (Club Eternia); Sticker Sheet (Club Eternia); Sea Hawk (Club FILMation); Castle Grayskull (pre-order and DOS, non-sub); MOTUC stands (non-sub)

December: Plundor (Club Eternia); Strong-Arm (Club FILMation, renamed as Strong-Or)

January: Two-Bad (Club Eternia)

February: Glimmer (Club Eternia)

March: Hydron (Club Eternia); The Unnamed One (Club Eternia exclusive); Horde Empire map (Club Eternia exclusive); He-Man vs Skeletor final battle (comes with the Unnamed One)

2014 Quarterly item 1: Modulok

2014 Travelling Convention item: Goatman

Last edited by Jor-El on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SDCC reveals (line-up to end of the year and start of 2014)

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 am

Batros

Mantenna

Lord Dactus

Horde Troopers

Nepthu, Sea Hawk and Strong-Or

Standor

Geldor

Plundor

Two-Bad

Glimmer

Hydron

Modulok

Horde Empire Map

Mini-Comic

Goatman

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:44 am

Mantenna looks awesome!

The Horde Troopers look ... a little like McDonalds Happy Meal toys to me. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the grey is too light?

Sea Hawk also looks awesome. I kind of wish he had the pirate boots, but I also like the Seven League Boots.

Kowl is great, but I would prefer Filmation colours. I'm sure Filmation Kowl will be released somehow. And then the Weapons Pack version will be Kowla. Or Red-Eye.

And the best for last, GLIMMER! Finally, the core trio of PoP will be complete!

Two Bad and Modulok also look incredible, but I just don't have room for every MOTUC!

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:22 pm

as above, Two Bad, Mantenna and Modulok look great. I'm the same with my underwhelmededness for the Horde Troopers....they were always in my "please release" list.. Am liking Goatman & Hydron. Bunny man is a pass, No idea why they're making a stan lee figure but I like the body & armour just not either of the heads. Batross looks nice too

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm fairly impressed with most of the reveals:

Mantenna: The final version is sweet, very glad the legs came out like that

Lord Dactys: So happy to see this figure! I enjoyed the idea of the Eternian Council in the 200x series - he'll look great next to Carnivus, Buzz Off and Stratos, with Randor up front.

Nepthu: Not that upset by him - glad they've linked him to Marzo in the bio, as I was going to stand him next to Marzo anyway.

Jet Sled & Sky High: Cool figure, stupid name. Will be joining the FFM.

Weapons Pak with Kowl: I clever way to get him out. Don't care if they do Filmation colours or not.

Geldor: Meh. Didn't vote for him, don't really have any affinity for him. Looks like the love child of Mr T and one of the old guys off the Bundaberg Rum ads (huzzah!)

Sea Hawk: Turned out fine - glad to be getting him.

Plundor: I want to like this figure. I really do - he just seems to be on the silly side of things - I dunno, I can't think of him looking like he belongs on a shelf with Scareglow, Draego Man and even Icer.

Strong Arm: I like. I like a lot.

Horde Troopers: They certainly aren't my favourite reveal, I'm not sure if I want to get two sets as I got 2 lots of Snake Men and 2 lots of Eternian Guards. I want to see them with their heads looking down (resembling the vintage figures) before I pass final judgement.

Standor: ARRRRRGH! It's figures like this that really annoy me. I know they are outside the sub and don't take up an SKU, but he falls in with Mo-Larr - can he be taken seriously enough to be in the same collection as everyone else? Whatever happens, I WON'T be displaying him with his glasses on.

Two Bad: Love him.

Glimmer: I understand the need for her, but am a little underwhelmed.

Hydron: I really like this figure! I have never seen any New Adventures, but appreciate the style and how well they slot into Classics.

Modulok: The pick of the reveals. Like Ram Man last year, he sells the sub for me.

The Unnamed One: Wow. Another conundrum for me - I guess you have to think, who would've made a better sub exclusive? Who would've guaranteed sales? I wouldn't hesitate to say Two Bad, maybe Tung Lashor. But here's the thing - for every 'cool' character I think they could use, there're seemingly a million people crying for someone else. I personally would've swooned for Lizard Man, Madame Razz or any of the '87 movie figures (especially if they got the rights to Karg or Lubic). Anyway, I am subbing so we'll see what we get.

Goat Man: I've been pretty lucky with these Con exclusives - scored both TOD Sorceress and Strobo with no hassles. Here's hoping my luck continues with this gem - big fan.

Do I think the sub will go through? I hope it does, but I have some grave concerns. It's unrealistic to think that anyone who didn't buy a sub last year would buy one this year. And Matty seems to not want 'new blood' buying these figures by not rereleasing/reissuing core characters like Teela, Tri Klops and Sorceress. With what seems to be a lot of people indicating they weren't getting on board for 2014, I'm not sure how any campaigns to draw in subs can succeed. The only saving grace will be if Mattel has lowered the mark for sales in line with the established fan/customer base.....

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Can't say I was disappointed by anything. All the figures had fantastic sculpts & we saw a lot of unique tooling.

The FILMation characters make me smile. Evil Bunny is excellence. I am getting used to Nepthu! Very Happy

PoP didn't seem to get a lot of love, but then Huntara won the fan vote, & if you include the Horde we also have Modulok, Horde Troopers & the glimpsed Scorpia on the way. Oh, plus Kowl & Lookee too. Quite a lot of PoP love! No way they could have afforded Razz with all the money spent on the other figures shown.

Very happy we are getting Hydron. Haven't seen a lot of NA but it is good that Matty are filling out the roster a bit more.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Mantenna, Two Bad and Modulok are awesome. Especially Mantenna. Makes me wish I was still collecting.

Batros is cool, Plundor is fun, Standor is a lot better than I expected, as I expected to hate it, and don't actually mind him at all. The glasses look rather poor though.

Glimmer, Geldor, and Seahawk are fine. Not particularly exciting (to me), but still fine.

The yellow heavy paint scheme on the visors of the Horde Troopers throws the look of them off to me. Needed more black and less yellow in my opinion. Just looks a bit too goofy now. Bit of a disappointment.

Lord Dactus is technically well done, but leaves me rather cold for some reason. Maybe he just doesn't feel MOTUC enough for me, I don't know.

Nepthu, Strong-Or and Goat Man feel more like something out of one of those old MOTU knock off lines than actual MOTU characters to me. And Hydron is even less MOTU feeling than that. At least to me. More odd, and a bit dull, than bad.

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GmanFive on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 am

So glad I sub'd a few weeks back

GmanFive

Number of posts : 45
Trading Status : 6
Registration date : 2010-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 am

It appears that Blade's sword appeared in the SDCC display yesterday, so it looks like the first MOTU "movie" figure is due to be released in MOTUC in 2014.

That's IF the speculation about the sword's owner is correct. The sword accessory does seem to match the sculpt of the one that was used in the movie.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top