Is it too late to collect MOTUC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it too late to collect MOTUC?

Post by sher1888 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 pm

What it says above. I am just wondering if it is too late to collect. I somehow got 85% complete of ML and DCUC in my collection now, but wondering if this line is way too expensive to collect.Any advice?

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it too late to collect MOTUC?

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:37 pm

It mostly depends upon the size of your desired collection and the characters. If you only wanted the A-Listers, you should be able to obtain the original versions or variants easily enough.

But, if you wanted a full roster, including the likes of Fisto, Sorceress, Teela (original), Man-at-Arms (original), Whiplash, Shadow Weaver and Castle Grayskullman, then you might be in (financial) trouble. Most of those figures go for well over $100 each.

Then again, there's always the chance that you'll find someone looking to offload their collection. I know that I'm looking at cutting down on my MOTUC since I'm prioritising the TMNT Classics.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

I'd consider selling my entire collection. I've pretty much every MOTUC toy released to date (as I've been a subscriber) still boxed or carded. I've subscribed to both the 2013 and Filmation subs. I still have Castle Grayskull on pre-order, though I am seriously considering cancelling it soon. I just don't think I'm ever going to get around to displaying these figures in the way I have in mind. And with my efforts concentrating of collecting movie props and stage worn KISS costumes, my love of toys in general has seriously waned.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 am

TheGoodDr wrote:I'd consider selling my entire collection. I've pretty much every MOTUC toy released to date (as I've been a subscriber) still boxed or carded. I've subscribed to both the 2013 and Filmation subs. I still have Castle Grayskull on pre-order, though I am seriously considering cancelling it soon. I just don't think I'm ever going to get around to displaying these figures in the way I have in mind. And with my efforts concentrating of collecting movie props and stage worn KISS costumes, my love of toys in general has seriously waned.

I might be interested on those...if you ever consider selling on a plan.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 am

It's never too late....if you got the money! Laughing

I'm very glad I've been collecting since the very beginning...& will be till the bitter end.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 am

just asking guys how do i get a subscription

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:36 pm

^^^^

In July or August this year you should be able to purchase the "standard" MOTUC subscription for January to December 2014 (IF there is a subscription since it will probably be subject to Mattel receiving an unspecified number of orders).

It is impossible to purchase a "standard" MOTUC subscription for the remaining months of 2013 (April to December) from Mattel. Also, the sales period for the "Filmation" mini-subscription (six figures based on the Filmation cartoons) for July to December 2013 recently closed, so it is also impossible to purchase that subscription from Mattel.

There is usually "day of sale" stock for new MOTUC figures available on mattycollector.com if you're willing to get up at 3:00am or so in the morning to engage in the frustrating ordering process. However, for some figures there will be no "day of sale" stock available.

Alternatively, you could try finding a fan who purchased additional subscriptions for 2013 in order to support the line and essentially agree to buy all the remaining figures in that subscription? Due to Matte's scare tactics, some fans made a huge commitment to the line by purchasing multiple subscriptions, even though they had no use for multiple versions of the same figure.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:30 am

It will be interesting to see which characters they use to sell the 2014 subscription, which is supposed to be the year to finish off atleast the vintage MOTU gang.

The characters remaining:

The Masters/Heroic Warriors (6 left)
Stonedar
Rokkon
Rio Blast
Extendar
Rotar
Gwildor

Evil Warriors (5 left)
Two-Bad
Ninjor
Twistoid
Blade
Saurod

The Evil Horde (4 left)
Modulok
Dragstor
Multi-Bot
Horde Trooper

The Snake Men (3 total)
Tung Lashor
Sssqueeze
Blast Attak (fights with the Snake Men)

The Great Rebellion (Princess of Power Heroes) (11 left)
Glimmer
Angella
Double Trouble
Mermista
Perfuma
Peekablue
Spinnerella
Flutterina
Sweet Bee
Kowl
Loo-Kee

The Evil Horde (Princess of Power Villains) (1 left!)
Entrapta

Galactic Protectors (New Adventures) (8 total)
Hydron
Kayo
Vizar
Nocturna
Spinwit
Tuskador
Artilla
Sagitar

Space Mutants (New Adventures) (6 left)
Flogg
Hoove
Lizorr
Quakke
Staghorn
Butthead

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:52 am

^^^^

Toyguru has recently amended his previous comments and has now stated that the roadmap was amended to see the release of vintage MOTU, vintage POP, favourite vintage NA and fan-demanded Filmation characters in 2014 AND 2015.

If Horde Troopers aren't the fan-demanded two-pack this year then I would be very surprised. And I'm hopeful that Mattel will use the SDCC exclusive slot/s to release fan-demanded characters as opposed to another Vykron like character. Modulok might work well since they could charge more for the SDCC exclusive.

And there are still two (?) slots left in the main subscription, although one will be a 200X character since there hasn't been a 200X character yet released this year.

I'm not sure which characters Toyguru will use to sell the 2014 subscriptions. I would guess that Two-Bad, Glimmer, Scorpia, Modulok and NA Skeletor have to be near the top of the list. I have no idea what approach Toyguru will take to the subscription exclusive. Mattel rightfully copped a lot of flack for making Shadow Weaver the sub exclusive (instead of Horde Prime) and seemed to change their approach with King He-Man. But, with sales declining they may use a fan-demanded characters to ensure sales. Or Mattel may continue to the "Son of He-Man" timeline by making Dare/He-Ro V2.0 as the sub exclusive?

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Xenaphobia wrote:^^^^

I'm not sure which characters Toyguru will use to sell the 2014 subscriptions. I would guess that Two-Bad, Glimmer, Scorpia, Modulok and NA Skeletor have to be near the top of the list. I have no idea what approach Toyguru will take to the subscription exclusive. Mattel rightfully copped a lot of flack for making Shadow Weaver the sub exclusive (instead of Horde Prime) and seemed to change their approach with King He-Man. But, with sales declining they may use a fan-demanded characters to ensure sales. Or Mattel may continue to the "Son of He-Man" timeline by making Dare/He-Ro V2.0 as the sub exclusive?

Why 'rightfully'? I thought they'd played a deft (if ruthless) hand to ensure sub sales - which has been their focus since the sub came in.

I'd be staggered if the sub fig for 2014 ISN'T someone like Glimmer or Two Bad - who's going to risk NOT getting these guys if the only way is to buy a sub?

I honestly thought Ram Man would be the 2013 sub fig.....

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arklaido on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:18 am

I'm considering starting now but I'm unsure

Arklaido

Number of posts : 37
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:21 pm

There's a couple of people selling full runs on the fwoosh.....depends what you're willing to pay......and if you're a completist

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arklaido on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:47 pm

The Dr Of Style wrote:There's a couple of people selling full runs on the fwoosh.....depends what you're willing to pay......and if you're a completist

Fwoosh?

Arklaido

Number of posts : 37
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2013-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Google it.....ozfigurama's big American brother......Simmo's second home..... Artisitx'z podcast overlords, etc

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:33 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top