Unusual Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unusual Question

Post by Shocka on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:04 am

I know there's a big split of people on here when it comes to their collections, some with large collections, some selling much of their collection on, some with smaller but more specific collections - the question I have is, what is to happen to your collection in the case of your death? I'm currently trying to figure out what to put into my Will insofar as my toy collection - as much as I love it while alive it'll be a major pain in the ass if I died and my family and friends had to sort all of that out without some kind of instructions. Has anyone here prepared their Will with instructions on what to do with their collection(s)? I'd like to figure out a way for my family/friends to sell it on and make the most from it - not that I'm going to be passing away soon, but just in case Razz

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unusual Question

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Im getting buried with mine.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 pm

I gave my partner a quick run-down of what would be valuable enough to try selling on Ebay, but I basically said donate everything to children (i.e. a children's hospital, kindergarten or childcare centre) so that they will be played with and appreciated for the wonderful toys that they are.

I wouldn't really expect any of my friends and family to try selling my action figures on Ebay, so it seems simplest to have them all donated somewhere that they would be used and appreciated.

IF I had more friends or family with children, I would let them have "first pick" but most of my friends are child free by choice or are having problems making a child, so that's not a feasible option at this time. Of course, if I had a child, then my action figures would be theirs to play with.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Give to charity or next to kin and specify the holy grail to sell like Xeno have said above

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 pm

All of these are good options! Giving to charity or children is a really nice idea, although being buried with the collection sounds neat too, aside from needing one gigantic crypt...

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Like a Viking!!!!

Even better get buried like an Egyptian and they kill a few servants to go along with you, and you know "do stuff for you"

I'm just leaving everything to the wife & kids, they can sort it out.....

If we all go at once? There'll be a house to squat in for dero's and plenty of plastic to burn in the winter to keep warm.

At one stage (pre wife & kids) I had in my will that everything went to my sister except my hotrod (real car not the transformer) which was going to a guy I worked with.......he was the only one I knew who would appreciate it they way I do......

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixo on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:42 pm

At the funeral, provide some adhesive and a figure for each person that attends and have them each glue a figure to the coffin. Crafty!

Pixo

Pixo
Aussie slang for Pixie

Number of posts : 799
Trading Status : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1074937977

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 am

I told Mrs 'shake to keep a few key pieces that mean a lot to me. The rest she can get a couple of the AFB guys to help her get rid of everything else.

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 426
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top