New MOTUC figures leaked!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New MOTUC figures leaked!!!

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:24 am

^^^^

There are better pics in the Toy Fair thread at he-man.org, but I can rarely get that website to load (and this is one of the times when it just isn't loading), but there's a pic in this thread at The Fwoosh.com:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=85560&start=495

The picture is sideways, so you have to use your imagination. What points to the left in the picture would be the top of the helmet.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:06 am

Thanks for the link.

Certainly looks like a headress for Netossa. With that & the BP She-Ra sword she will be pretty decked out when we get the next weapons pack.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

DroothR wrote:Loving all of the figures (although Matty posted a photo today showing Icer in semi-translucent blue, not white with a hint of blue like the fantastic prototype), but I hate that Grayskull.

We were told during preorder that the scale of the front doorway would allow He-Man to ride on Battle Cat through, and now it's not even tall enough for a basic figure to stand up in?!

**** that.

Unless it's revealed that the prototype is being upscaled slightly or something for the production piece, then I want to cancel my order now. pale

I'm surprised you're the only person complaining about this - I would have expected a lot of people to be unhappy with the size, esp for the ridiculous amount we'll all be paying for it...

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:24 am

Shocka wrote:I'm surprised you're the only person complaining about this - I would have expected a lot of people to be unhappy with the size, esp for the ridiculous amount we'll all be paying for it...
I don't get it either.

Mattel makes small errors, and people call for blood.

Mattel makes a Castle Grayskull roughly 20% smaller than the specifications we signed off on at preorder, and everyone's grovelling in submission. Neutral

I guess Castle Greyskull in any form is a straight up free pass, no matter how good or poor the execution...

Going back to the spec sheet Mattel showed us during preorder, the Castle (as shown this week) is 10-20% smaller than the blueprints, which show He-Man being able to fit in the drawbridge doorway with clear head clearance.

Last edited by DroothR on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 am

DroothR wrote:
Mattel makes a Castle Grayskull roughly 20% smaller than the specifications we signed off on at preorder, and everyone's grovelling in submission. Neutral

From what I heard, 'grovelling in submission' doesn't describe the reaction at the Org!

I was a little surprised at first, but I gather thats as big as they could make it for $250.

The Barbie Dreamhouse is about 40" tall & around the same amount of money, but with no paint work on the facade or interior pieces & much thinner plastics.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Is the door/jawbridge issue a result of the thickness of the jawbridge itself?

In the cardboard mockup, obviously the jawbridge was only as thick as a piece of cardboard. It now appears to be very thick plastic and the thickness of the plastic would make the space between the surface of the jawbridge and the top of the mouth smaller.

That's not an excuse. Mattel should have accounted for the thickness of the final materials in their mockup or the 4H should have sculpted a "thinner" jawbridge. And it certainly doesn't excuse other details like the incredibly short paparet on the left tower (when viewed from the front) which barely comes up to the ankle of the figures.

The bizarre placement of the add-on for displaying the Wind Raider inside the castle is also odd. Wasn't this meant to sit on top of the right tower (when viewed from the front).

It's still an incredible looking playset, especially given so few playsets are made for "boys toys" these days. But some of the dimensions are really odd.

This is why Mattel needs to make some She-Ra Barbies. Then we would have a Crystal Castle scaled to fit Barbies and it would be a suitably impressive size for MOTUC action figures!

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top