LEGENDARY MONSTERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LEGENDARY MONSTERS

Post by Shadowless on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Does anyone else remember these from about 13 years ago? Well I do. The figures never came out, but it looks like they might get made now using Kickstarter.
“LEGENDARY MONSTERS IS BACK! We have streamlined our toy line and worked out a deal with a model shop right here in the United States! We are now offering our Series 1 Monsters individually at 20.00 in both GLOW and NON-GLOW versions. We hope to offer our deluxe figures sets in the future, but for now we have simplified our goals to lower production costs and allow us to release these collectible toys. I wish to thank all of you who have supported us at Nevermore and the Legendary Monsters toy line so far!
Legendary Monsters is an action figure line unlike anything else. Each of the four monsters comes with an eyewitness account right on the package! Each monster features 10-12 points of articulation and stands 5-7" tall.”

If you want them, you can find the full story and the chance to pledge here-

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1336904045/legendary-monsters-toys-of-urban-legend-and-folklo

Shadowless

Number of posts : 146
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LEGENDARY MONSTERS

Post by Artistix on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 am

Ooohhhh...it's like big articulated Monster in My Pockets!!

I'll be keeping an eye on these.

Thanks for the info Shadowless.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowless on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 am

No worries. This is the 2nd attempt at a Kickstarter for these. I pledged the first time round, but the project didn’t reach it’s goal. Lucky you don’t pay{or lose} any money if the project doesn’t get funded. By today’s standard, the sculpts are kind of funky,{they over ten years old} but I think that’s why I like them so much. It would be good to get a figure line again that isn’t a part of some tv show, movie or video game. Rarely do company’s take chances anymore, except maybe the Four Horsemen with the Fantastic Exclusive line, but more on that when I have something new to say.

Shadowless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowless on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 am

News letter.

"Urban Legend Toys Invade Kickstarter!"
Are you a fan of shows such as "Monsterquest," "The Lost Tapes," Finding Bigfoot," "Destination Truth," or just weird stuff in general? Nevermore Toys has created a line of toys based on creatures of urban legend and folklore. "Legendary Monsters" is a toy line unlike anything else. Each of the four "real world" monsters comes with an eyewitness account right on the package! You now have the opportunity to hold "Chupacabra", "Mothman," "The Jersey Devil" and "The Missouri Monster," right in the palm of your hand! Please review the link that gives you direct access to our Kickstarter page where we show the figures and tell a bit about our goals.
And for those of you who are not familiar with Kickstarter, you are not at risk if a project does not reach its goal. Your credit cards will only be charged if a project reaches its goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1336904045/legendary-monsters-toys-of-urban-legend-and-folklo

Shadowless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 pm

I think I might be pledging on this one for it second go around. The first one there was no way it was going to go thru. I think the thing that hurts it is not including the shipping in the pledge amount.

I kind of dig the the glow version.

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowless on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 am

Which one do you like the best Octane? I'm getting them all, but I would probably have to say the Jersey Devil/painted is my favourite.

Shadowless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 am

Jersey Devil is the coolest I really like him a lot. Mothman I like as well, Missouri Monster (I like the glow version of him much better than the painted version) and Chupacabra in last place. I don't like the Chupacabra at all, I like the first version that was sculped of him much better. But I figure he an easy on sell being in Texas.

I may end up getting all 8 at the least. If they did a retailers intensive pack I been know to throw money at other kickstarter projects just because I liked them.

I remember these from a toy mag many years ago (I can't remember if it was a Lee's Guide or Toyfair)

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top