Buying from China

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buying from China

Post by RhiGhost on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 am

I've purchased plenty of from China over eBay and never had any problems but recently I got a NECA Hermione Granger figure and after 2 weeks I was contacted by the seller saying the item failed to be delivered and was being sent back to them.
I know this item never actually made it to my house as there is always someone home, besides that it usually just goes back to the depot for pick up.
The seller seems to still have the item in stock as there is still a listing up so I don't think that's the problem.
I actually linked NECA the item auction on twitter and they said it looks legit to them, which is why I got it in the first place.
The only thing I can think of is this figure was labeled as a fake by customs and was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before?

RhiGhost

Number of posts : 170
Trading Status : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Buying from China

Post by sher1888 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 am

Probably Auspost didn't deliver and forgot to leave a card. It happened to me with the BAF Red-Hulk but its a good thing that I hassled them on the counter.I never bought anything from China in ebay....

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 am

Have bought plenty of stuff from China. I doubt Customs would care if an action figure is fake or not.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RhiGhost on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 am

Yeah I didn't think customs would be bothered. I checked with the post office and they confirmed that there have been no parcels in my name and the tracking number the seller gave me is fake.
Its only been 2 weeks and I know from experience that there is no way a parcel would make to from China to here and then back, especially over Christmas.
I checked their profile and found they are now selling the same figure for twice the price I paid, so I'm thinking they didn't want to sell it to me at that price. They have refunded me the total amount and asked to cancel the transaction so I guess I don't really have anything to complain about. It just really wanted that figure Sad

RhiGhost

Number of posts : 170
Trading Status : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 pm

What figure was it, may I ask?

File something with eBay. Will probably result in nought but at least the seller might get a strike or something for doing this. Pretty low by them.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top