Which Toyline is the hardest to collect it could be DC,Marvel and etc?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Toyline is the hardest to collect it could be DC,Marvel and etc?

Post by sher1888 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:41 pm

what the title says at the moment.Marvel to me is expensive on certain characters also sone were limited in numbers eg Ares ,Dragon man,Kang.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Toyline is the hardest to collect it could be DC,Marvel and etc?

Post by fishmilkshake on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I've collected Marvel Legends from the beginning and managed to get all the variants I wanted over time. For me, DCUC has been a pain in the ass. Aside from not getting them at retail in Oz, getting figs like Lightray were a hassle. Fortunately a few people selling their collections has helped but they don't come cheap

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 426
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 pm

fishmilkshake wrote:I've collected Marvel Legends from the beginning and managed to get all the variants I wanted over time. For me, DCUC has been a pain in the ass. Aside from not getting them at retail in Oz, getting figs like Lightray were a hassle. Fortunately a few people selling their collections has helped but they don't come cheap
I am currently starting the DC for some reason, but do no much of DC except for the main ones and being specific like Batman.I do not mind DC Direct.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:41 pm

With the Internet realistically the only factor now in collecting anything is "Do you have the wallet?" The hardest thing is to part with huge amounts of money.

Pre internet days I can list war stories of heaps of problems. Spiderman (Fury and Punisher Removed from the waves due to guns) , X-men (Which was a huge pain Series 1, Series 2 Repaints of the first 2 series then nothing for years), Iron Man (Missing a wave), Transformers (Just due to the shear amount of figures), TMNT (No Baxter Stockman in Australia). Original Star Wars (Walls of Admiral Akbar at Kmart. And I had him thanks to the Ice-Pole mail away.), Tick Figures (Die Fledermaus + Man Eating Cow one every 2 alternating cases. One of each ever 4 cases. The biggest pain ever.), Spawn Repaints (Even with the internet was a huge pain), Star Trek (Because we got bugger all in Australia)

The only collection I never finished yet is SOTA Street Fighter line, I down to maybe 25 figure variations but them money wanted for the Clear versions of 3 is insane. (That I lost interest in Street Fighter because Capcom taking forever to bring out SF3, Old Arcade Habits die hard)

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:34 am

Are you talking the original Turtles Stu?
I remember as a kid desperately wanting Baxter Stockman since I had the others but could never find him.
Would explain it if he never made it here

Fresh

Number of posts : 64
Trading Status : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/crissfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 am

Fresh wrote:Are you talking the original Turtles Stu?
I remember as a kid desperately wanting Baxter Stockman since I had the others but could never find him.
Would explain it if he never made it here

Yes! (I can't remember exactly why Croner Toys did not bring them in. Just one of many Random Toy things still sloshing about in my brain 20 years later)

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:16 am

I had a terrible time trying to collect Playmates Star Trek back in the 90's. My Big W only got in wave 2 & nothing beyond. Thankfully I would find some new ones in Sydney when my family & I went there each Christmas. I am still collecting the line.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top