'Sorry' gift for Frosta's gloves...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Sorry' gift for Frosta's gloves...

Post by fuzzcat on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:07 am

Did everyone get the email from Matty with the 'good news'? The free gift for the Frosta cock-up is...... a random MOTUC figure.

Hmmm.

A few thoughts:

1. Funny how they describe the getting the gloves the wrong way around as minor, and rush it in between trumpeting all of the high points of this year. Talk about a shit sandwich!

2. The random MOTUC figure - almost definitely the scraps from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. So expect probably Marzo or Buzz Off or Vikor in the December delivery.

3. The free postage - I hope the gift isn't on the invoice, so we can see there's no extra cost for them. Transperency is a must here, otherwise there'll be mutiny across the MOTUC sub base.

4. Anyone interested in creating a swap thread when these things start arriving? I'm pretty much up to date with MOTUC (once my Cyber Monday stuff arrives) so if someone is chasing an older figure, I'm happy to help out.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Sorry' gift for Frosta's gloves...

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 am

Interesting.

I find it amazing that they've apparently determined that it is cheaper for them to send customers a shelf warmer/warehouse space taker action figure than to produce a "new" bonus item such as a repainted weapon.

I'm not a subscriber, but it will be very interesting to see what everyone gets, especially since Gygor and Shadow Beast didn't show up during the recent sales (to my knowledge).

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:36 am

*please dont be marzo please dont be marzo please dont be marzo please dont be marzo*

but seriously folks, its a bit thick, but I guess its free and I'm all for free stuff.

I'm not as preturbed as I could be about the frosta gloves, they are annoying but not a deal breaker.

If I get a marzo, I would be more than happy to swap for anything thats NOT a marzo LOL.

wouldn't it be spiffy to score a Castle Grayskullman! ( I know it wont happy, but just imagine ! lol)

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 am

I guess I'd be happy enough with another Mer Man, maybe some Palace Guards (yeah right Rolling Eyes )

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:04 am

Lol, Mighty Spectors for everybody!

I hope it's something worth a double of. I guess TheGoodDr will be getting our batch so we'll have to divy up the loot!

I just find it hilarious that there's a "sorry" gift for Frosta's gloves when they are sooooo easy to swap (heat and pop at the bicep and wrists, swap arms/hands).

The other stuff that is not easily fixed... Goddess breaking, Roboto breaking, Snout Spout's trunk, Roboto and Hsss's shoulders, He-Man's shoulders, Stinkor's forearms, Frosta's non-whiteness, Swiftwind's double lefties, Swiftwind's wing pegs.... no "sorry" gift for any of those. Razz

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:47 am

^^^^

They've set a precedent now. Although given the high number of stuff-ups by Mattel, I'm not sure they're going to be able to afford to send a free figure every time they make a mistake in the future. Then again, perhaps they'll just move back to the "design decision" excuse like they did for Stinkor's forearms.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 am

If it's a male it goes to my nephew. A female will go to my niece.

I was hoping for something for me...like a Frosta/Netossa sword.

After having Frosta for a week or so, I would never have noticed the reversed arms if people hadn't mentioned it. Actually the arms are the least of her worries.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:41 am

I'm sure the 8 year old worker responsible at the factory has been "removed" from their employment.... i'll take a demo man please.....regret selling that one

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am

Artistix wrote:Actually the arms are the least of her worries.

I agree. Although the forearms on my Frosta are pretty deformed (due to the packaging), the "dull grey" instead of "bright white", the dark, translucent hair instead of light, painted hair, the permanently deformed shield (again due to the packaging) and the white peg legs all annoy me more than the forearms.

Still, Frosta has been sitting on the dining table since I received her because I'm just so pleased to have another member of The Great Rebellion in action figure form (and because I keep hoping she'll use some of her *cool* powers to do something about the current heatwave).

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:58 am

I can't think of many figures that I can't convert into something new/interesting, and I'm drowning in spare heads, nipple guards and noserings... bring on the freebie I say. Smile

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm ok with this. It's free, and for an issue which is not only not major, but fixable with just a little effort.

The hostile reaction on The.Org is (predictably) retarded. Rolling Eyes

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down