Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Iron Man 3 (2013) Movie Thread

Post by sher1888 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Mandarin is Ben Kingsley and Its more darker but also personal...

I am going to enjoy this movie sadly its far ahead.

A little preview on the storyline of the movie, Extremis Iron-man motion comic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur7QBR_wgtY

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Sweet beard Kingsley is rocking.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deno on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 am

ummm.. I am in shock (Been in Shock for the last 4 days), horror, and very Humbled, with a Broken Heart..

going to take me weeks to get over this LOL

thankyou for the post "The Good Doctor" Awesome Smile

Deno

Number of posts : 102
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:11 pm

New poster, and 13-second teaser for the 60-second Superbowl spot, to air next Monday (our time).

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1509
Trading Status : 23

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am

Shane Black's take on an Iron Man film is looking every bit as tense as one could hope so far.

Cool

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

That extended look just cracked me up

Hemish
Likes a good dead camel pillow

Number of posts : 902
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile http://www.katoots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:11 am

A look at The Mandarin from Empire: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36494

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 am

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 am

A month away, can't wait.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deno on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 pm

not long now fan boys and girls... Smile

Deno

Number of posts : 102
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:02 am

5/10 I think the writer screwed up , and not worth on 3D

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Watched today in 3d and enjoyed it.....much more than a 5/10 for me
Some good spoilers
Will discuss in a week or so.......
Have always liked guy Pearce and he does well again.
Stan lee's cameos are getting shorter and shorter but gave a good laugh
There is stuff after the credits too

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMyth on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:51 am

Not sure why, but I really didn't get with the groove of this one. I seriously cannot put my finger on it, but it all fell a little flat for me. Cannot really say much more without spoiling, so maybe i'll come back in a few days and see what others have to say.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 am

Can someone explain to me why Iron Man 2 is so universally hated? I didn't think it was any better or worse than the first...

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Shocka wrote:Can someone explain to me why Iron Man 2 is so universally hated? I didn't think it was any better or worse than the first...

It was ok in my book but could have been better. The villian did not make much a fight against the two Ironman and it was not as exciting as the first one.It also came out hated after viewing The Dark Knight in that year that IM2 could have been better.

I am currently thinking that Im2 > IM3 as the director/writer screwed up on this one as well as Mickey Mouse even though they have top notched actors Smile

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:39 pm

I have no problem with IM3 - maybe we should wait and see what comes next?

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Saw it. Loved it.

Tony Stark was great. Pepper Potts was great. Happy Hogan was great. Mandarin was ... an interesting interpretation of the comic book character. The other characters were great, although I couldn't get over the fact that Maya Hansen looked like the Black Widow's sister (or even just like Scar-Jo in some scenes).

I'm very interested to see how they continue to develop these characters.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 am

Spoiler:

So, a few queries I have after seeing the movie.

1. What was Killian's "grand plan"? Basically, did he seek to use the "Mandarin" (including the death of the President of the USA) to force governments around the world to either buy the Extremis formula or to hire his Extremis agents? So, really he was just after money when he already seemed to have plenty of money (in addition to near immortality thanks to Extremis)?

2. Did Extremis automatically equip humans with combat skills and knowledge? Pepper Potts kicked some serious Killian shaped ass after being injected with Exremis. Was this due to self-defence classes that Pepper had taken or did Extremis give her heightened combat skills in addition to all the heat based powers?

3. How did Tony remove the shrapnel from his chest? Did he inject himself with Exremis so that he would survive the surgical procedure and then give himself the same cure for Extremis that he gave Pepper? Or did he always have the knowledge for remove the shrapnel, but kept the shrapnel (either consciously or unconsciously) as an "excuse" to be Iron Man?

4. How did Killian's agent pilot Iron Patriot? Tony Stark indicated that all armours are "coded" to specific pilots, but Killian's agent was able to pilot the Iron Patriot armour that only Rhodes could wear. Was this because Killian, through AIM, had been interfering with the armour's programming? If that was the case, then why couldn't Killian forcefully "eject" Rhodes from the armour when he was being held prisoner? Killian's ability to "control" the Iron Patriot armour seemed to be inconsistent.

Or did Killian simply "remote control" the amour when both his agent and the President were wearing it? In which instance, I'm still not sure why he couldn't remote control it when Rhodes was wearing it, unless he did the reprogramming after Rhodes was forced to eject himself from the armour?

5. Where was the kid's sister? The kid gave Tony his sister's watch, but there was no mention of where the sister was during all the events of the movie. The kid's mother was explained as "being at work", but the sister who was presumably younger than the kid was unexplained. It's a minor detail, but it seems odd that the kid would supposedly be responsible for looking after his younger sister, but he was running off with Tony Stark.

Quibbles aside, it was still an awesome movie!

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Wed May 01, 2013 7:24 am

Xenaphobia wrote:
Spoiler:

So, a few queries I have after seeing the movie.

1. What was Killian's "grand plan"? Basically, did he seek to use the "Mandarin" (including the death of the President of the USA) to force governments around the world to either buy the Extremis formula or to hire his Extremis agents? So, really he was just after money when he already seemed to have plenty of money (in addition to near immortality thanks to Extremis)?

2. Did Extremis automatically equip humans with combat skills and knowledge? Pepper Potts kicked some serious Killian shaped ass after being injected with Exremis. Was this due to self-defence classes that Pepper had taken or did Extremis give her heightened combat skills in addition to all the heat based powers?

3. How did Tony remove the shrapnel from his chest? Did he inject himself with Exremis so that he would survive the surgical procedure and then give himself the same cure for Extremis that he gave Pepper? Or did he always have the knowledge for remove the shrapnel, but kept the shrapnel (either consciously or unconsciously) as an "excuse" to be Iron Man?

4. How did Killian's agent pilot Iron Patriot? Tony Stark indicated that all armours are "coded" to specific pilots, but Killian's agent was able to pilot the Iron Patriot armour that only Rhodes could wear. Was this because Killian, through AIM, had been interfering with the armour's programming? If that was the case, then why couldn't Killian forcefully "eject" Rhodes from the armour when he was being held prisoner? Killian's ability to "control" the Iron Patriot armour seemed to be inconsistent.

Or did Killian simply "remote control" the amour when both his agent and the President were wearing it? In which instance, I'm still not sure why he couldn't remote control it when Rhodes was wearing it, unless he did the reprogramming after Rhodes was forced to eject himself from the armour?

5. Where was the kid's sister? The kid gave Tony his sister's watch, but there was no mention of where the sister was during all the events of the movie. The kid's mother was explained as "being at work", but the sister who was presumably younger than the kid was unexplained. It's a minor detail, but it seems odd that the kid would supposedly be responsible for looking after his younger sister, but he was running off with Tony Stark.

Quibbles aside, it was still an awesome movie!

Spoiler:
1. War Economy as you have answered on it in your first line and it was not the money, I think it was based on what Tony did in the beginning of 1999 with the formula and AIM.So no more heroes. He stated at the end that he was the Mandarin.

2. I think that's the self-defense class, extremis was a forumula based on the super-soldier formula not mentioned on the movie and all the agents that Tony fought were soldiers .I don't think Killian died.

3. That's a hard one, they did not even mention it on the movie, and he blew all the iron-man to be with pepper. I guess its an excuse to be an iron-man.

4.It was noted in the movie that the Iron-Patriot was programmed by AIM.

5.I did not like that kid at all, a mystery with a loophole on the story...as if a kid could fix a billion dollar machine.

I did not like this movie due to becoming more Disney and no 10 rings of Mandarin + Fing Fan Foom but also a comedy Very Happy .

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 am

Spoiler:
Xenaphobia wrote:So, a few queries I have after seeing the movie.

1. His plan ultimately was to put the US Vice President in power to get his research legal, so he could then profit from and monopolize with Extremis.

Apparently Killian also devised the world's largest terrorist organization in order to create demand for weapons tech, culminating in causing enough havok to kill the current US President as a way to promote the VP in his pocket.

3. With the shrapnel held in place by the ARC reactor, surgeons just removed it.

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks sher1888 and DroothR!

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 am

Shocka wrote:Can someone explain to me why Iron Man 2 is so universally hated? I didn't think it was any better or worse than the first...
Because it's horribly written.

The Tony Stark character has a forward moving arc in the first film, only to revert in the second (then thankfully redeemed, and put back on track in The Avengers).

In 2 he does whatever he wants, with complete disregard for anyone or anything, while everyone around him (except for Rhodes) panders to his every whim.

Vanko isn't a character, he's an excuse for action scenes. He's a physicist, who is also a body-builder, who is also able to "hack" anything in seconds just by tapping keyboards, he's also the world's greatest robotics and combat engineer, while somehow being the single fastest artificial intelligence subroutine creator the world has ever known. Aka. He's magic.

Justin Hammer (Tony's business rival) is played as completely inept in every single way. Yet he beat out all other bidders to earn the primary US military weapons' contract? His creations flat-out don't work, yet somehow he's the 2nd best arms contractor in the world?

All of this (and much, much more) paints the world in which Iron Man 2 takes place as a world in which every person except Tony Stark is a blithering idiot. Tony is supposed to appear smarter than most because his intelligence is higher than the average, not because the average is so low.

I could keep going on, but you get the point.

As for Iron Man Three:
Spoiler:
I found that the film really fell flat for me after the "Trevor" plot twist occurred.

Marvel & Shane Black had concocted a perfectly fascinating adaptation of the Mandarin character (as depicted in trailers and interviews leading up to the film), yet instead went and made the character a complete joke.

Aldrich Killian just isn't an interesting enough character to hold up the film as the lead antagonist after such a deflating plot twist, especially when his motivations are so vague.

His research is (apparently) illegal, so he concocts the worlds largest terrorist organization as a ruse to (eventually) promote a manipulate-able politician in an effort to legalize his research in a single country? Really? He couldn't conduct his research somewhere else? He couldn't just use his wealth and connections to get the politician in his pocket elected? So instead the Marvel equivalent of Al-Quid a is the plot of a rich white American scientist/businessman who simply wants to make more money?

That's what really dragged the film down for me. Otherwise it's a wittily written Shane Black film (featuring Iron Man) that is entertaining enough to watch.

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Mon May 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Just saw it. I didnt mind it, it was entertaining. 7/10. The corny comedy was a bit too frequent for my liking and not that funny.
It was so not worth waiting until the bit after the credits, I was very diassapointed i sat there to then be let down big time.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next