Marvel Now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marvel Now

Post by Otter on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:38 am

Not sure what all the fuss is about but I am happy that Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy are back on the shelf! Although I wanted the old writing team back and I believe that Bendis is writing Guardians, not too sure about him in a galatic book.
What does everyone else think?

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marvel Now

Post by fishmilkshake on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 am

As a long time Marvel fan I'm not happy with the changes.

Uncanny X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man are my two key books and now I won't have them anymore. I'm completely uninterested in Bendis' new X-title and Superior Spider-Man sounds ridiculous.

I'm also dropping Astonishing X-Men, X-Men: Legacy and X-men because of the new line-ups.

John Romita Jr on Captain America. Uggghh....fail!

What am I excited about? "Uncanny X-Force" will be led by Mohawk Storm (she's hawt!).

I might give the new Thunderbolts a go.

Shang-Chi in Hickman's Avengers.

Sif taking the lead in "Journey into Mystery". Though it's a shame Gillen couldn't stick around.

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 426
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:15 am

I was never a Romita fan.
I mainly get Avengers titles and used to, and can now again get Nova and guardians.
I have been looking fo an X title, maybe its a good time for me to start getting one.

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:53 pm

fishmilkshake wrote:As a long time Marvel fan I'm not happy with the changes.

Uncanny X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man are my two key books and now I won't have them anymore. I'm completely uninterested in Bendis' new X-title and Superior Spider-Man sounds ridiculous.

I'm also dropping Astonishing X-Men, X-Men: Legacy and X-men because of the new line-ups.

John Romita Jr on Captain America. Uggghh....fail!

What am I excited about? "Uncanny X-Force" will be led by Mohawk Storm (she's hawt!).

I might give the new Thunderbolts a go.

Shang-Chi in Hickman's Avengers.

Sif taking the lead in "Journey into Mystery". Though it's a shame Gillen couldn't stick around.
Me too , I prefer the 60's to 90's . Astonishing xmen is ok and its cool on motion comics if you seen it.

Last edited by sher1888 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm looking forward to it, been out of the loop of Marvel for awhile now (been in good hands with DC) and I'm interested in the All New X-men, the concept of the original x-men coming forward in time really grabs me, really looking forward to their reactions to modern day.

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 am

Astonising X-Men is out for me because I'm not interested in them focusing on characters like Deathbird.

X-Men: Legacy is out because the focus switches from Rogue (my fave gal) to Legion (WTF?)

I'd like to read Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'm worried it'll just be a Bendis talk fest.

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Just read the list of what's coming out.....have only read Punisher stuff lately... Punisher War Zone #1 was a great read.....he's always been a thorn in the side of the marvel U, was great to see Wolvie give him a heads up.....surely someone who's killed just as many people as Frank. and how many people has Cap killed in the war at least?...looking forward to the escalation in the next couple of issues...

Not really interested after reading the blurbs on wikipedia of whats coming out.... seems strange that the Hulk has been off the grid and countries are scared.... but wait he's appearing in a team book next month? Oh well.......

Will see where they take punisher in the thunderbolts.....would prefer him solo ... he's had some good story lines recently.....ignoring Punisher in space of course.

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Younger_Avenger on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Young Avengers Very Happy but are the old stories still canon with the new stories?

Younger_Avenger

Number of posts : 28
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2012-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Indestructible Hulk #1 was pretty freakin' cool

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 am

Just read Guardians of the galaxy point 1. Happy with the back story of Star Lord.
Also read Nova 1. I am a bit dissapointed about a new Nova but it def wasnt bad. I just hope Bendis doesnt f #$% it up like he did with Ultimate spiderman and no Peter Parker.
I understand they are trying to reset the history and relate to high school kids but I am too old for the std I am a high school nerd and get bullied but i am also a superhero. Thats why i liked Rich Rider Nova, he was grown up.

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 am

Otter wrote:Just read Guardians of the galaxy point 1. Happy with the back story of Star Lord.
Also read Nova 1. I am a bit dissapointed about a new Nova but it def wasnt bad. I just hope Bendis doesnt f #$% it up like he did with Ultimate spiderman and no Peter Parker.
I understand they are trying to reset the history and relate to high school kids but I am too old for the std I am a high school nerd and get bullied but i am also a superhero. Thats why i liked Rich Rider Nova, he was grown up.

Agreed. There was noting wrong with Rich. Sure, naming the main character 'Sam' after Jeph's son was touching, but if it ain't broke....

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 am

Plus how is Nova going to have a love interest with Gamora?
Is Sam like Shazam and becomes a grown up when he transforms? I am sure he was adult size in AVX

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 am

Otter wrote:Plus how is Nova going to have a love interest with Gamora?
Is Sam like Shazam and becomes a grown up when he transforms? I am sure he was adult size in AVX

Different guys I think? But then last we saw Rich he'd been sucked into another dimension with Starlord.

fishmilkshake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top