Collection Appraisal ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Collection Appraisal ?

Post by KittyScully on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello peoples, I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea where or whom I could go to get my Marvel and DC Collection appraised? I live in country South Australia and we don't even have a comic book store here let alone anyone who would have some kind of expertise in the appraisal department. Mainly looking to get it all priced so I know what it is all worth for selling/trading purposes. Thanks Smile

KittyScully

Number of posts : 18
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2012-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Collection Appraisal ?

Post by Mahzian on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Good question, I'm not aware of any service available to us here in Oz but it would be handy to know.

For comics I would generally try and brush up on your grading skills and buy a price guide. Overstreet price guide usually has some info about grading and has a price for pretty much every comic, although they are critisized for giving pretty much everything from the 90's to current just a regular cover price. I myself don't agree with this as some current comics go for much more on the secondary market so I cross check with resources like ebay and www.comicspriceguide.com.

Also regarding comics it's worth researching CGC as getting a book "slabbed" greatly increases it's value (although can be costly to do especially from Oz).

Action Figure value would be tricky, you would have to really go off of what things are selling for on ebay, although that fluctuates pretty wildly.

I'm in the process of cataloguing all my comics for insurance purposes (and to know what I'm missing) at the moment, I've found that having some software like the one www.collectorz.com offer is really handy, especially when you factor in their addon apps and barcode scanning. That coupled with a price guide or two is working for me.

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 pm

it's sadly only worth what someone will pay for it....I've had enough people roll their eyes at trade fairs when I have a mint TPB for $10....in the bag it came in with the original price of $30

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyScully on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks heaps guys. I didn't think I would be too lucky in finding them. I guess all I can hope for is somebody offering a decent price

KittyScully

Number of posts : 18
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2012-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top