Good shops in Sydney?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good shops in Sydney?

Post by fuzzcat on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 am

Heya chums,

Heading to Sydney for a few days on Thursday - I've been to King's before (still on Pitt St?), anywhere else worth a look? I'm staying at the Mecure on George St.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good shops in Sydney?

Post by sher1888 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 am

Not much... but try Hobby co at Queen Vic Building, If your into Comics (rare stuff) Comic Kingdom near town hall (The owner is very nice, but the regular workers just crap customer service).If the owner is a regular I might have bought some expensive comics from him

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

Many moons ago, one of the good lads here told me about Kinokuniya (in Queen Vic building I think) that has cheap TPBs.

If it's still there, not a bad place to check out.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fishmilkshake on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 pm

The Sydney CBD is kinda dead now. We're possibly a product of our own making with out internet buying.

Kings Comics looks good and has a range of stuff, just the prices to go with them.

Comic Kingdom just defies description. It's like a giant garage sale. There's crap all over the place and some of it has been there for 20 years. They don't seem to believe in discounting stuff they've had for a while. Best of all, there's a room for back issues that you're not allowed into.

Hobbyco in the Queen Victoria Building is light on for figures but has awesome supplies for customising.

Kinokuniya isn't what it used to be price wise, but they're range is astonishing.

There used to be a toy and collectibles store up an escalator and down an arcade on Pitt Street but I think he's gone now.

fishmilkshake

Number of posts : 426
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm

When I went to Sydney to see some friends a few years ago they took me to a heap of comic book shops.

I came out of Kings Comics with a garbage bag full of loot...which I then had to drag back to the train station & back to their place. It was soo worth it! Laughing

I know DST's Trek Picard & Riker in Captains chairs were included. And Deep Space Nine wave 1. Plus a heap of Trek minimates. Must have been quite a few years ago!

Soo have to do the rounds again at some point.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top