The Spiderken Collection - A Work in Progress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Spiderken Collection - A Work in Progress

Post by spiderken17 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 am

Since i am new here i thought i would share my little collection. I have a little bit of various things.
My first collection is my Vintage Star Wars figure collection which i unfortunately do not have room to display. They are all safely away in a drawer at the moment. I have all the figures plus most variant figures and some of the large toys that i think are integral to the stories like the Wampa and Rancor. I stopped myself from collecting vehicles because 1. Good condition vehicles are quite expensive and 2. i don't have the space for them. I am in the process of getting some wall mounted perspex cases so hopefully they will be up on display soon.

Next i have my Transformers (mostly G1 with the odd re-issue). I'm concentrating on completing the ones i have rather than buying more at the moment so that is my current focus.

I've also been grabbing some comic action figures whenever i see them at the right price. Some of these are from my childhood and I try not to spend over $3-$4 each on them as they are more of a side project. I don't care what universe they are from but i do like the animated DC universe the most.

Some other things i have are my lifesize Storm Trooper Helmet that i got from by best friends for my 30th and some Marvel Bowen statues. The Venom i got for my 25th and the Carnage and War Machine i bought from the US when the Aussie dollar was strong. I have space for one more in the cabinet. I was hoping for a Spidey but i don't really like the statue. The armoured Daredevil is also a favourite of mine but is too big to fit. I rekon i will go with Terrax or Omega Red when i can save up the funds.

Lastly i have some Rock Lords. Most of these are from my childhood and are in good nick. They didn't get played with alot as there is not much you can do with a toy rock. I pick up others when they pop up at the right price.

I have other stuff at my mates house. We combined his and my childhood Voltron toys to make a good one so my few other Voltron things are over at his place with that and i have a heap of Dino Riders figures in a drawer. I would like to get some dinosaurs to display with them as the figures by themselves look like a bunch of guys just standing around.
Enjoy
Cheers, Ken

spiderken17

Number of posts : 29
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2012-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Spiderken Collection - A Work in Progress

Post by Artistix on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 am

Awesome stuff Ken! The 90's ToyBiz figs are nice.

I'd love to get some more G1 TF's.

You totally need to get your Voltron back to take some pics!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am

nice Venom Statue

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Rock Lords <3

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Very cool. I must resist running to Ebay and starting a Classic Transformers collection.

Although, I could probably limit myself to Optimus, Grimlock, Megatron/Galvatron and Starscream. Oh and Arcee and Blackrachnia since all my toy collections require a kick azz chick or two. And maybe Hot Rod and Soundwave since I always wanted them as well. And ... that is why I must avoid Ebay!

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Love that Carnage statue so hard, it looks like it was based off of Bagley's art!

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spiderken17 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Lately i have picked up a re-issue Predaking. Its massive and makes Devastator look puny.

Also i grabbed a G1 Starscream and the parts to complete my Superion and Buzzsaw

I'm tracking down some more G1 Seeker jets as well.

spiderken17

Number of posts : 29
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2012-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviljoe on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:56 am

I do love me some g1 transformers, I've almost got all of the mini cars now and still have my g1 optimus prime from when I was 6

Eviljoe

Number of posts : 19
Trading Status : 6
Registration date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top