2012/2013 sub reveals.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012/2013 sub reveals.

Post by fuzzcat on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:42 am

Yo,

Won't spoiler any of this as it's all over the net anyway.

Rest of 2012

Sep
DB Skeletor
Snake Men 2 pack

Oct
Frosta
Rattlor
Cy-Chop (30th ann)
Great Unrest Weapn pak

Nov
Dekker (with old and yound head)
Eternos Randor (Filmation - variant)

Dec
Mosquitor
Granamyr (non-sub)
Procrustus (over size)

Jan
Netossa
RAM MAN!!!!!!!!!! (oversize)

Feb
Jitsu

Mar
Fang Man (Filmation)

King He Man is sub fig - comes with Subternia map and new mini-comic

There will be a Fighting Foe Men 3 pack after March, all seemed inspired/influenced by a vehicle from the vintage line. Assuming Roton-theme is Dittstroyer, Attack Trak-theme is Shield Maiden Sherrlyn and Talon Fighter-theme is Dawg-O-Tor. They have reversible chest plates to make them Horde.

Travelling con figure is Strobo with bonus unmasked Zodac (Zodak? - the black one!) head

Each sub sold gets a code to vote for the Nov 2013 fan choice fig - 8 options (Crash Landing Captain Glenn; Cloaked Evil-Lyn; Illumina; Mask of Power Demon; Camouflage Khan; Geldor; Mini-com Trap Jaw and Songster)

They also listed the 5 runners up for the 30th series, and the winner - winner is Castle Grayskullman, runners up were Gangstor; Ra-Jar; Bubblor; Three Beast and Major Header.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/2013 sub reveals.

Post by fuzzcat on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:43 am

So - where was Mekaneck again? August? September?

fuzzcat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:54 am

I've just reread everything - looks like they are doing away with the quarterly variants for 2013? They say the sub guarantees you 17 items - so 12 figs and 4 items (one at $25, one at $30 which has been confirmed as Ram Man, one at $50 (beast?) and one at $75, which I presume is the Foe Men 3 pack).

Sub prices are $25 for figures, $27 day of sale.

fuzzcat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:14 am

Very underwhelming reveals. that Fore Men 3 pack is just awful.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:47 am

Might actually pass on the sub next year, some shockingly ugly figures in the mix. Ram, mos, jitty all really good, but that Fore men 3 pack soooooo bad!

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:55 am

If anyone hasn't seen... at the Matty panel they had an overhead showing Roton and the Talon Fighter, making you think there may be a vehicle next year... then they show the Fighting Foe Men, who basically each take their motif from different vehicles. What a massive troll!

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:49 am

Improved Frosta! Ram Man! Netossa!

Some cool reveals. Some not so cool reveals. Some perplexing reveals.

I also quite like Strobo. And for some reason, Castle Grayskullman appeals to me (at least the design, NOT the name). I'm thinking of grabbing CGSM and adding to my own personal mythology as the "spirt" of Castle Grayskull in humanoid form. Since we're unlikely to ever get a Castle Grayskull (and I don't have room for one anyway), it could be a way of adding it to my collection.

It really needed swords based on the Sword of Power and Sword of Protection though. They could have used it as a way to finally release Filmation accurate swords!

Everything else is a pretty easy pass. I was hoping we'd also see Mantenna and/or Two-Bad, but maybe later in 2013.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:57 am

There's also a lot of debate over what "early access" for subscribers means.

It appears they get early access to EVERYTHING. Meaning they can buy up stuff they are already getting.

What absolute bullshit.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:08 am

Did some quick checkouts to work out the cost per figure for each shipping:

International Post...

1: 13.75
2: 21.70
3: 30.15
4: 38.25
5: 46.60
6: 60.25
7: 69.70
8: 78.60
9: 87.55
10: 96.15

DHL...

1: 30.60
2: 35.50
3: 40.45
4: 45.25
5: 49.40
6: 58.50
7: 63.05
8: 67.65
9: 72.25
10: 76.85

Interesting that DHL, in bulk is quite a bit less. Razz

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 am

Jor-El wrote:What absolute bullshit.

I concur with my learned friend. I think subscribers should get certain bonuses, like the subscription exclusive figure, the cheaper pricing, the maps and the stickers, but I don't see how permitting them to purchase the (limited) additional "day of sale" stock prior to the actual "day of sale" is really necessary.

Mattel should be able to combine what subscribers buy on the "day of sale" with their regular subscription figures (especially since the whole "we'll ship to subscribers 1-2 weeks in advance" just doesn't happen). But, I say all that as a cherry picker (even though I would happily be a "pay in advance pre-orderer" if Mattel would allow it).

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:37 am

...and if your parcel gets lost and you used the standard post, no refund or replacement... ergo forcing you to take the more expensive options...

hrmm... so shipping is more, figures are more, figures while some just are pure win, so are headscratchers... I'm torn.

but at least its cheaper than this year by only having one sub to pay for!

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:03 am

Oohh, I quite like a lot of those.

Mosquitor

Jitsu

Rattlor

Netossa

Ram Man

Strobo

King He-Man

Throne Room Randor

Fang Man

Cy-chop

Dekker

Frosta

Fighting Foe Men - Dittstoryer, Shield Maiden Sherrlyn & Dawg-o-Tor

Procrustus

Castle Grayskullman

Subternia

Granamyr

Last edited by Artistix on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 4 times in total

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 am

There's no denying that the true classic characters far out-shine the other stuff revealed (Mosquitor, Ram Man, Rattlor & my favoutire, Jitsu), however, I am pleasantly surprised with some of the other characters shown. I'm really liking Greyskull dude, four armed guy and the Asian (I've no idea what their names are.......this is the first I'm seeing them here).

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Added some names above.

Apparently Fighting Foe Men was an early name for MOTU. These 3 characters are taken from box art of the model kits of the Roton, Attak Trak, and Talon Fighter.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Thanks Sam! Smile

TheGoodDr

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:24 pm

No worries!

Procrustus mini comic
http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/comics/html/mini_comics/motu/comic_pages/00074370/00cover.shtml

From SCB at Fwoosh

Dittstoryer

Shield Maiden Sherrlyn

Dawg-o-Tor

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Rattlor looks great
Cy-Chop (30th ann) just terrible why give a mecha guy furry legs?.....I would have happily taken any of the fan designs over this average design. I thought all 5 runners up were great, the weakest gangstor, .

Dekker (with old and yound head) looks cool
Pimp goblet Randor ....meh..... not a fan of the variants anyway

Mosquitor looks good.....of to see what the original looked like
Granamyr (non-sub) looks good
Procrustus (forever to be known as Pie Crust in my house).....one of my favourite reveals, looks great

Netossa......looks good but I generally don't collect female figs
RAM MAN!!!!!!!!!! (oversize).....looks good (if not a little angry)

Jitsu looks good

Fang Man (Filmation)....I like the uniform sculpt, head needs a little de-cartooning

King He Man eh....a better base for a battle armour thor that I've been meaning to do

Fighting Foe Men 3 pack - don't mind the designs I think it's just the colours that are off, stick with blues for one guy and greens for the other guy too many colours on each of them that clash

Strobo looks cool ....if a little under dressed, Jocks and a cape? Sure it's nice to do the housework in but for fighting Skeletor & henchmen you might need to come better prepared dude

no idea who to vote for with my sub....demon mask guy probably, no one there really interests me

Castle Grayskullman is all kinds of awesome

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Yeah, someone needs to tell Strobo that his crystal balls are showing.

New bios

Mekaneck - Heroic Human Periscope

Injured in the Battle of Avion during the Great Unrest, Orius was brought by Duncan to Castle Grayskull where he was healed by the Sorceress. The magic spell replaced his neck with an ever-expanding mechanical construction made of microscopic nanites. By increasing or decreasing the number of nanites in his body, Orius gained the ability to grow his neck to almost unlimited length. Taking the code name Mekaneck, he served the royal household as a loyal member of the Masters of the Universe, using his amazing periscope neck to spy on the evil enemy.

Dragon Blaster Skeletor - Evil Leader and his Dreadful Dragon With Paralyzing Spray

As the ruler of Eternia following Randor's banishment, Skeletor created a new magical armor infused with an Eternian Dragon, giving him the power to paralyze his enemies at first glance. His rule was cut short, however, when Skeletor's former master Hordak returned from Despondos with the help of Evil-Lyn. Hordak not only overthrew Skeletor, but drove the Snake Men into hibernation. Forced into a war on multiple fronts, Skeletor continued to lead his Evil Warriors into battle, often having to fight side-by-side with his former enemies - the now renegade Masters of the Universe. Perched on his master's armor, the Evil Dragon "pet" of Skeletor stops his enemies cold with his paralyzing jet spray of venom.

Fan vote characters
•Crash Landing Glenn
•Cloak & Dagger Evil-Lyn
•Geldor
•Mini-Comic Trap Jaw
• Illumina
•Songster
•Camo Kahn
•Mask of Power Demon

"Mini-Comics" Trap Jaw®
"Read my lips: No new axes."

When we were producing the Toys ‘R’ Us MOTU vs. DCU 2-packs, "Mini-Comic" Trap Jaw® was a top choice for a variant. Although he could technically be a possible candidate for a “quarterly variant” slot in the MOTUC lineup, now that quarterly variants and oversized variants have been combined into the same four slots per year, it is even less likely we will get to this version of Trap Jaw® anytime soon. He is not just a repaint, but would use different sets of shared parts to make a new, more colorful version of one of the most popular MOTU villains of all time. This execution would be based on his original first mini-comic appearance. For his bio, this would simply be a different look for the existing Trap Jaw® character; not an all-new character with its own back story.

Camo Kobra Khan™
"What? You can trussssst me."

Another candidate from the discontinued MOTU vs. DCU 2-packs, this version of Kobra Khan™ was originally released in the vintage line overseas but never in the US. It is the basic Kobra Khan™ with arms from Buzz-Off®, a mace from Clawful®, and a fresh camouflage deco. Much like Trap Jaw®, he could potentially be a candidate for a MOTUC quarterly variant, but with the variants and beasts combined for 2013, it is just a little less likely he’ll ever make it. As for the bio, we would treat him perhaps as a mutation of Kahn, maybe after he eats Ambrosia!

Green Demon™
"Vote mean, vote green!"

This character is from the classic mini-comic “The Masks of Power.” Although he did not win the fan polls in either the US (Illumina) or Germany (Geldor™), he was a top contender in both countries so he’s earned a spot as a candidate. This would be an all-new character using shared parts and new parts as needed. No plans for his partner, the Purple Demon, at this point, but if he wins it increases the chance of perhaps getting to the other demon in time.

"Cloak and Dagger" Evil-Lyn®
"Choose me or I’ll put a death spell on you. Seriously."

When we did a new Evil-Lyn® in 200X colors, fans and customers asked for a more specific version that also included her new tunic. To deliver on this request, we propose this slightly different version of Evil-Lyn® from the 200X series when she was in allegiance to the Snake Men™. She would use the 2.0 female body buck with a single new hooded head, and include an all-new tunic and removable cloak. To create the “ultimate version” of 200X-colored Evil-Lyn®, customers could swap the new hooded head with either the helmet head or non-helmet head from Battleground Evil-Lyn®, much as Bubble Power™ She-Ra® and original She-Ra® can be mixed and matched. This is another figure we may possibly get to in our very limited variant slots, but if she wins the contest, fans just get her that much quicker!

"Crash Landing" Queen Marlena™

"You know you want me."

When we released Captain Glenn™ as a 2011 SDCC figure, she included a green astro suit and could be swapped into Queen Marlena™ in her trademark green dress. Many fans and customers asked for a white repaint to be more accurate to her cartoon and comic appearances… so here you go! This would be a mostly straight repaint with new gloves. Another candidate who could potentially go in a variant slot, but winning the contest guarantees it!

Illumina™
"If I don’t win, I’ll just be blue."

Illumina is the slot choice from He-Man.org. She appeared in a print ad for a never-released issue of the 2002 comic series from MVP Creations and Image Comics. This brand-new character would be a repaint of the tunic/body from Teela®, with a new head and weapon as needed.

Geldor™
"Together we will do evil to all good people!"

Geldor™ is the slot choice from the German fan base. He appeared in the classic mini-comic “The Elixir of Life.” An entirely new character, he would be a combination of new and shared parts as needed.

Song Master (Songster)
"Dude! Let’s totally rock this vote!"

Song Master was the “narrator” of the 1987 Power Tour live He-Man® singing and dancing show. This would not only be a new character, he’d be a completely new figure with a mix of shared and new parts. He would come with his musical instrument accessory.[/QUOTE]

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:11 pm

well... i voted illumina.. but wouldn't mind comics trapjaw or green masked demon.

song master? seriously? thats just stupid to me LOL.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Is there pics of these characters for us to look at before casting a vote? Wand where does one vote?

TheGoodDr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 am

There were only little pics when you followed the link from a downloadable pdf file after you did you subscriptions. In the final stage there was a code that allowed you to progress to the voting page!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:40 am

Just was doing my costings list of these, and for the same money we get 4 less figures basically, and according to Jor's shipping list, between double and triple the shipping costs.

I dont quite like how those numbers are looking... no sireee... not liking it at all.

The even more bitter pill however would be if they make production errors this time around, considering single figure shipped is minimum $36 bucks, fans wont be happy!

I love the look of the figures, I hope they get to my doorstep looking just as awesome !

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 am

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 am

if songster wins ANY slot in ANY forseeable space/time continuum, then I know this is rigged, LOL.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:15 am

Sam wrote:Just was doing my costings list of these, and for the same money we get 4 less figures basically, and according to Jor's shipping list, between double and triple the shipping costs.

I dont quite like how those numbers are looking... no sireee... not liking it at all.

The even more bitter pill however would be if they make production errors this time around, considering single figure shipped is minimum $36 bucks, fans wont be happy!

I love the look of the figures, I hope they get to my doorstep looking just as awesome !

Another concern is if our dollar drops. I remember when the line first started, it was $40/45ish per figure, with the slow shipping. If our dollar drops, these things are gonna cost a bucketload.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next