GRANAMYR

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GRANAMYR

Post by fuzzcat on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 am

Artistix wrote:A message from the Org about Granamyrs issues:

"Got my two Grannys today. Opened the first one and put it together and both the right arm, and the tail broke. Its the sockets that are inside the body that are breaking, not the arm and tail. Anyways, i decided to open the second one and blow dry all the sockets first to get them flexible. Limbs then attached to the body with ease, and once it cooled down he moves perfectly and the joints are tight. I would recommend this to everyone moving forward to use the blow dryer method to attach the limbs."

Did anyone try this with theirs? Anyone have any issues?

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:49 am

I got mine the other day and he is beyond awesome, i never had any problems putting mine together and from the SMS picture i received from DBF he never had any problems either.
It's probably more of a problem for the unco, ham fisted nerds in the U.S who have never made anything in their lives except for giant skid marks in their superman undies.
When i put mine together i put it outside my bedroom door and when the good lady got up she about shit herself when she saw him.
I must also note that my Granamyr has a strange growly Scottish accent when he talks.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 pm

UncleCletusKasady wrote:It's probably more of a problem for the unco, ham fisted nerds in the U.S who have never made anything in their lives except for giant skid marks in their superman undies.

Mwahahaha, that's incredibly harsh. One of the legs on mine was difficult, I had to use a heating device to warm it before I popped it in - I'm really glad I heard ahead of time that people had had trouble, otherwise I'm pretty certain it would have broken while putting it together.

Anyway, mad props again to Jor-El for helping me secure one while I was away, and passing it on during the scorching Boxing Day. Getting him well ahead of time meant I could review him for OAFE in a timely matter with my usual corrosive vent - http://www.oafe.net/shocka/motucgran.php - in short, I like him a lot and he's an excellent Granamyr but I have a few gripes that, if addressed, would have made him one of the best toys of all time.

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Cool review mate.

I was moreso impressed by me guestimating the $110 each for this bad boy. I think I've been ordering toys from Mattel for too long.... Razz

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 am

Shocka wrote: I could review him for OAFE in a timely matter with my usual corrosive vent - http://www.oafe.net/shocka/motucgran.php - in short, I like him a lot and he's an excellent Granamyr but I have a few gripes that, if addressed, would have made him one of the best toys of all time.

It was probably too expensive to give him an articulated jaw...though it would have been cool!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am

One of the clips broke inside my Granamyrs right arm, so that doesn't move (I used the hairdryer & all)...but aside from that I had no real issues. Though it took about 10 minutes to get his left leg on.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 am

Received mine today and have just put him together. I took it nice and slow and he went together fine. Left leg is a little loose at the hip joint but connected firmly - mine will only ever be able to sit I think.

Such a good figure - almost makes Matty's bullshit worth it.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 pm

I can't stop looking at him! Sooo freakin awesome. Very Happy

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:30 am

mine arrived, put together fine, used hair dryer to be safe, and everything just clicked in nicely. I smudged some paint but nothing some thinners didn't fix.

nice figure, now i need to find some toy treasure chest and gold bullion and stuff for his 'lair'

anyone got any good ideas on toys that have that? or just accessories you've bought that would be right scale?

nice figure though, his body just coming out of the packaging remind me of an easter egg, all round and hollow and textured! Lol. I've been craving easter eggs all morning now LOL

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Matt K's pics
http://thefwoosh.com/2013/01/motuc-feature-granamyr

Artistix