Your tips on 1980s/90s TMNT collecting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your tips on 1980s/90s TMNT collecting

Post by Grimr on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi All,

Decided that vintage TMNT is the go!

What I am hoping for is any tips for collecting the old TMNT figures, the unique characters more so than the Turtles redos. I know the uber rare figures, like Scratch and Hotspot etc, but just wondering any other tips as there is heaps of good deals on USA ebay, but shipping is a buzz kill, and I am the kinda person who wants the lot (lots of the later figures) as soon as possible. Like common problems or missing things etc.

Hope have not been to unclear...basically any advice form your TMNT collecting adventures would be appreciated.

Grimr

Number of posts : 193
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile http://samgrimr.mybb3.org/index.php?sid=f0b631dd04c425e4be263b38

Back to top Go down

Re: Your tips on 1980s/90s TMNT collecting

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:21 pm

LOL. I'm in the same position. I'm trying to collect the old school TMNT and while the prices on US Ebay are fantastic, the shipping is ridiculously high.

As such, I can't really offer any tips.

But, www.myteefinestuff.com is semi-decent, although you'll want to order a LOT of figures to make the shipping worthwhile. And while they have a great selection, they're still missing a few figures that I want (e.g. Mona Lisa).

I've sent emails to www.ninjaturtlefigures.com to see if they will ship internationally, but they never bother to reply.

The shipping from Ebay UK isn't normally too bad, but I've yet to find a decent "bulk" lot that would really make it worthwhile.

Good luck!

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:22 am

I used to frequent a site called The Technodrome:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/

May be easier to get a bulk lot there.

The main item I am planning to hunt for my vintage Turtles is the Lair playset. Though I also need a proper Turtle Wagon...mine is missing a few pieces.

Heaps of figures I still want to get like Baxter & Panda Khan.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am

Grimr wrote:Hi All,

Decided that vintage TMNT is the go!

What I am hoping for is any tips for collecting the old TMNT figures, the unique characters more so than the Turtles redos. I know the uber rare figures, like Scratch and Hotspot etc, but just wondering any other tips as there is heaps of good deals on USA ebay, but shipping is a buzz kill, and I am the kinda person who wants the lot (lots of the later figures) as soon as possible. Like common problems or missing things etc.

Hope have not been to unclear...basically any advice form your TMNT collecting adventures would be appreciated.

Buy in big bulk lots. Provided the dummy the other end does not rape you with shipping. Large USPS flat rate priorty boxes can shipped about 25-35+ TMNT figures loose. (I ship about 40 ML/DCUC in them at once, TMNT are usually shorter but alittle bulkier) The cost will run you about $60 but then the breakdown will avarage out to a much nicer $2 a figure.

(and if you ask nicely you can always get small lots shipped to me and I send in a larger box once full)

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top