New Marvel Legends: Ratio of Variant to non Variant cases.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Marvel Legends: Ratio of Variant to non Variant cases.

Post by TahmidN on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:38 pm

So the new Legends are at American retail, and the first two waves have hit comic book stores, but what i noticed is that the variant cases are being shipped out so much more than the regular cases. With wave 1, my local comic book store on got i believe one case of normal figures, whilst the rest were variants. Same being with wave 2, my local getting zero normal cases all variants, and everyone i know buying of BBTS or Hasbro toy shop has been getting variant cases sent to them. I don't know anyone who owns a masked Daken figure and their going for ridiculous prices on ebay.

The bid history on this Masked Wolverine to me reveals that it is essentially the seller with 2 accounts just raising the price, this one went for 600 dollars.
http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=280844289288

So i generally thought variants were supposed to me harder to find than regular, why do you think so many variant cases are the only to be shipped?
TahmidN

Number of posts : 134
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-03

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/tahmidn

Back to top Go down

Re: New Marvel Legends: Ratio of Variant to non Variant cases.

Post by sher1888 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Is this Kings Comics that sells for $32.95 , your local comic shop?

It depends on the supplier for distributing the product and I think its common for these toys in normal version on retail in the US, Canada or Asia.The problem is that people would buy massive lots of this figures , therefore there would be not enough stock for everybody.$600 for the masked one is just nuts, maybe he wanted it a lot and would buy anything for it.I would be surprised, if these hits retail in here and we would able to find it.

If its Kings your comic shop, I reckon they got it from BBTYS .They have put a $13 mark-up price on it.

What Hasbro Toy Shop that I do not know of?
sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:01 pm

$600???? That is just stupid.
Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TahmidN on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:57 am

Another one went for $510 dollars last night...
Ridiculous.
TahmidN

Number of posts : 134
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-03

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/tahmidn

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:34 am

I think this is pretty funny. I can imagine lots of fanboys heads exploding (mine included) when they realize the standard figure is scarcer then the variant.

I stood with both versions of the Wave 1 Steve Rogers in my hands because there were 3 of the variant on the pegs and only 1 standard fig. It was like my brain just locked up. Smile
awe

Number of posts : 493
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimr on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 am

Hope all those who remember me are doing well! Thought would pop in to advise a find.

Went into TRU Australia and BOOM wave 2 (Hydra, Piledriver, future found Spidey) series 2 of Hasbro Marvel legends.

Of course did not scan, so they put them through at $19.99 as 3.75 figures. I would be surprised if they were actually $19.99, prob more like 29, but lets hope I get owned and they are $15.99 or something FAIR like that!

As mentioned earlier in the thread these have the Hasbro Epping distribution details printed on the inside box insert...so there was a plan to come to Australia. Man I hope these hit other stores too!!!

Icey and SA guys got em at TRU TTP, only grabbed Phantomex and Madam Hydra, no Wolvie on the shelf, so may have been a masked one...CURSES!

Nitey got your message too, will check it out!

Grimr

Number of posts : 193
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile http://samgrimr.mybb3.org/index.php?sid=f0b631dd04c425e4be263b38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top