My modest collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 am

So, I'm moving in with my boyfriend in the next few months, and have decided to create a (What he calls) nerd display! Went through my old storage boxes and gathered up my things splayed across my room, and currently, this is my collection:::::

Top of bookcase featuring the Collectors editions of DC Barbie - Catwoman, Black Canary, Wonder Woman, Batgirl and SuperGirl


Top shelf - 12" Fashion figures, 1:6 scale vintage vespa and Debbie Harry Barbie!


Middle shelf - X-Men/Storm collection including 12" posable Storm in Mohawk phaze, famous covers Storm and Psylocke, Hot Toys Black Widow etc etc


Second Lower Shelf - Mixed goodies! Princess Leia figures inc. vintage 70's 10" figure, Monster High Ghoulia Yelps, A custom Golden Girl figure (re-root with head held on with blue-tack!) and 1:6 scale Poison Ivy.


Bottom Shelf - Books, Alias figures, 12: Gothic poseable and my childhood toys!



As you can see, I've got a lot of room to move with... additions to come include 13" Wonder Woman from Tonner, Boxed Priness Leia and Quadbike, Loose Frosta figure from She-Ra, Marvel Universe Spider Woman MOC and I think another GI Joe ROC Baroness (Can't remember!)

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by diabolikprime on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

That 1/6 Storm is badass! The mohawk is really cool, don't see that many figures like that. I see it is a Marvel Special Edition figure of some sort but did they use a Barbie doll body?

diabolikprime

Number of posts : 324
Age : 36
Location : Scone
Trading Status : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by Artistix on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Awesome!

What line are the 12" Fashion Dolls from? The one on the vespa looks really cool...as does the vespa! Is it the Fashion Royalty line?

Your DC Barbies are nice looking. I thought of picking up the movie Catwoman doll...but that would just remind me of the movie! Laughing

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Age : 34
Location : N.S.W
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:00 pm

diabolikprime wrote:That 1/6 Storm is badass! The mohawk is really cool, don't see that many figures like that. I see it is a Marvel Special Edition figure of some sort but did they use a Barbie doll body?

It's one of my favorite pieces! Had been scouting it on eBay for many a year...until about a year and a half ago, actually managed to snag one for $11AU including postage from the US!

Here's a better look at her on another eBay listing.. ebay.com.au/itm/Storm-12-Doll-Figure-Mohawk-Toybiz-1997-Marvel-X-Men-/120875331471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c24bb2f8f#ht_740wt_1163

I don't think she's on a barbie body as her arms seem quite thicker compared to a barbie's. I've never deboxed her, though I've had visions of me doing just so and putting her head on one of the new jointed/pose-able black barbie bodies!

I have never seen another character brought out in this line. It's the like Storm/Rogue boxed ones you can see...those ones are definatley on Barbie bodies and the only other one I've seen is Mary Jane.

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Artistix wrote:Awesome!

What line are the 12" Fashion Dolls from? The one on the vespa looks really cool...as does the vespa! Is it the Fashion Royalty line?

Your DC Barbies are nice looking. I thought of picking up the movie Catwoman doll...but that would just remind me of the movie! Laughing

You would be correct! They are from the Fashion Royalty line! Been a member for the last two years, but am seeing my collecting focus shift from them to my childhood loves of action figures. The one on the vespa is my favorite from the entire 2011 collection (Dania Zarr - WClub convention special...she cost me a pretty penny, but worth it!) The Vespa i picked up off eBay for $40! There's another one I had my eye on from the same seller which also had a side car, but I might hold off!

The movie Catwoman doll scares me! Bad movie, bad doll....just bad! The Mattel DC comic release is much much better, though I don't think she actually fits into the same line as her box and backing card are different to the rest. Either way, with all the Mattel DC releases they have done over the years, this line has been the best one!

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Close-ups of the vespa and Black Widow







ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 pm

And my newest addition that arrived today - Tonner 13" Wonder Woman!


ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Very cool collection, how do you rate the hot toys figure compared to all your other dolls?

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by Artistix on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Woh, that doll on the vespa is really awesome up close!

I can't find an image of it at the moment, but the Fashion Royalty line made a really awesome trunk which featured a mirror area & drawers & some busts for wigs & stuff. Really cool, though undoubtedly very expensive these days. Only FR doll I own is Darius Reid in a black suit. Nearly bought a Pierre DeVries last year.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Age : 34
Location : N.S.W
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Dabigfella wrote:Very cool collection, how do you rate the hot toys figure compared to all your other dolls?

BIG difference! The Hot Toys bodies are more solid and thicker than the Fashion Royalty line which are more slender. Both however are as expensive as each other!

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Artistix wrote:Woh, that doll on the vespa is really awesome up close!

I can't find an image of it at the moment, but the Fashion Royalty line made a really awesome trunk which featured a mirror area & drawers & some busts for wigs & stuff. Really cool, though undoubtedly very expensive these days. Only FR doll I own is Darius Reid in a black suit. Nearly bought a Pierre DeVries last year.

She's awesome! If you're looking for cheap-ish type clothing like what she's wearing, I got her entire outfit from clear-lan.com all handmade by an asian designer.

flickr.com/photos/selojspa/5382398079/ It's amazing, but you're right, now on the secondary market it's crazy in price! I've seen one grab over $600!

I used to own Darius, but he didn't stay in my collection for very long! I'm in the process of thinning out my current collection in prep for the new 2012 line being announced at the end of the month!


ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:07 pm

ADFarrell wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:Very cool collection, how do you rate the hot toys figure compared to all your other dolls?

BIG difference! The Hot Toys bodies are more solid and thicker than the Fashion Royalty line which are more slender. Both however are as expensive as each other!

I will ask what he really wanted to ask, does she have nipples?

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Age : 38
Location : Westfield Blacktown
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by ADFarrell on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:19 pm

UncleCletusKasady wrote:
ADFarrell wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:Very cool collection, how do you rate the hot toys figure compared to all your other dolls?

BIG difference! The Hot Toys bodies are more solid and thicker than the Fashion Royalty line which are more slender. Both however are as expensive as each other!

I will ask what he really wanted to ask, does she have nipples?

Bahahahahahahaahaha! Subtle!

Yes and no! There is nipple but it's not painted! Plus the material used as the skin is rather soft and squishy so you can play with them! What a Face affraid Razz

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My modest collection

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:08 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum