Is there a particular toyline or type of toy you have zero interest in?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is there a particular toyline or type of toy you have zero interest in?

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm sorry, but did screamy just seriously compare motuc to gi joe?????

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Yawn, this is the reason why we lost touch or more to the point why i ignored or never returned your phone calls.
Nothing more to be said from me i made my points and stand by them.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm

DaBigFella. Why not? Modern Era joes have fantastic sculpt and paint work, great accessories and gear and a good balance to the way they look. Why is that an unfair comparison?

UCK - not looking for drama, but Id like to chat via PM if you're willing.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Geez fellas - this was intended to be an exercise in interest, learning about my fellow collectors - this sort of stuff should really have been vented elsewhere in my opinion. If you took someone's criticism of a particular line as a criticism of YOU for collecting it, I dunno - ask Santa for a thicker hide or something?

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Surely there's at least one toy line we can all agree to hate!

How about Squinkies? What the heck is that line about? They've got nothing on Monsters in My Pocket!

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Modern joes cost between $16 and $20. They are 3 3/4 inches tall. The details on the sculpts are somewhat lost due to their size. I agree they look better now than ever, but they essentially are just not in the same league..... Now comparing them to marvel legends current offerings, is a fair comparison, but figurarts and the like, at $75 per fig, also not a fair comparison....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Joe's should cost around 13/15 shipped. They arent available on Shelves in Australia except the movie stuff which was pretty aweful overall. Its only the rarer stuff that gets to the 18/20 mark. And i think the sculpt comes through pretty well overall, depending on the figure. There are duds in the line, but then all lines have the occasional dud here n there.

Figuarts retail out at around $40. $75 is only exclusives or after market, i havent had to go much of $50 more than a handful of times, including shipping. When Fallen originally stated that He-man was the best toyline on the market, he didnt specify a price point, which was why i compared so many different lines and scale.

Within the scale/price point bracket, He-man is probably top 5, maybe even Top 3. I still think modern ML edges it out, but its probably interchangeable with DCUC depending on the figure. Id put them on a pretty even keel overall; Both have some great stuff and some poor stuff, I think we can agree there. for example i came VERY close to getting Teela and Man At Arms because they looked fantastic.

i honestly dont know what other 6inch stuff is out there at a similar price point. Wrestling stuff I guess but i dont know enough about them to have an informed opinion. I suppose that's another line i have Zero interest in Very Happy

Again; When i said the popularity of MOTUC was mind boggling, I was only saying it as a surprise considering the age f the property, the method of distribution and the lack of tie in media. i was not saying people who enjoy the line are stupid for enjoying it.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:00 pm

fuzzcat wrote:Geez fellas - this was intended to be an exercise in interest, learning about my fellow collectors - this sort of stuff should really have been vented elsewhere in my opinion. If you took someone's criticism of a particular line as a criticism of YOU for collecting it, I dunno - ask Santa for a thicker hide or something?

Mate if this was aimed at me you are way of the mark, im not wanting to get into an argument with you because i think you are a pretty stand up guy but i could not give a flying fuck what anybody thinks of me or what i collect, especially a dedbeat like scream man, and on that note no i dont want to discuss it in PM or answer why i dont like you privatley and have a girly chat about your feelings, i dont like you because i think you are a tool who wastes his life on purile shit that will never amount to anything even though you think it is excellent and a worthwhile contribution to the planet, notwhithstanding the fact that your arrogance in general would be ok if you had anything actually worthwhile to be arrogant about.

If i get banned for this i bear no ill will to whoever does it but as i said i stand by the statements i make.

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:51 pm

it's easy to stand by statements you make when they're vague and insulting needlessly. You can stand by them all you like. I'll stand by trying to be the bigger man and having a civil discussion, and leave it to others to decide who came out better.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:24 pm

The Scream Man wrote:it's easy to stand by statements you make when they're vague and insulting needlessly. You can stand by them all you like. I'll stand by trying to be the bigger man and having a civil discussion, and leave it to others to decide who came out better.

Again yawn, but this is what I mean about your arrogance and might I add pettiness,
Why is it essential that you are seen as being a winner?
Is it because you are percieved as a loser in the real world or do you have some deep seated need to always be right?
I could not care less about who is perceived as a winner or loser, so if you fell like you have come off as 'winner' from this well good for you.

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Pink frilly girly toys is something I wont collect.

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by diabolikprime on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Hmmm... yes... well. I basically don't collect anything at retail. On a side note... It's like Glengarry Glenross in here! Shocked

diabolikprime

Number of posts : 324
Trading Status : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:20 am

Wrestling figures & and any other line by jazwares for me!

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:21 am

Same boat kinda, but not because I dont want to, but because local retail rarely has things I want. BUT i was pleasantly surprised to find some t ransformers prime figures the other day which I proceeded to nab a couple of.

Oh, I'll prob never get those facemasks and weapons sets you see for the various toy lines! I think it just ends up looking like a bobble head with small weapons LOL.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 am

raaaageeeeeeeeerichoooo so not even the dodgey MK figures? heh. I kinda didn't like them, but then got them, then kinda liked them, and now sorta like them LOL.

Even picking up some of those gi joe sized ones on sale, hoping they are decent =-)

OH. My little pony. never touching that. Dont know where they have been. Horsing around I bet....

hrrmmm.....

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TahmidN on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm

...Did i really just see people throwing personal insults at each other in a toy forum.
Also @scream man, you do make a valid point when saying it perplexes you that MOTUC has such a strong following despite there being no media out a the moment from that franchise.

TahmidN

Number of posts : 134
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-03

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/tahmidn

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 pm

TahmidN wrote:...Did i really just see people throwing personal insults at each other in a toy forum.
Also @scream man, you do make a valid point when saying it perplexes you that MOTUC has such a strong following despite there being no media out a the moment from that franchise.

Nope, you saw me giving my opinion to that person on why i don't like them after they asked why i dont like them.
Best to actually read things before you get involved or say anything.
And also if you had been collecting for a while or knew anything about the popularity of he-man as a toyline it would not surprise you that it does not have any media tie-ins to support it.

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:26 pm

UncleCletusKasady wrote:
it would not surprise you that it does not have any media tie-ins to support it.

It could certainly use some.

Sam wrote:raaaageeeeeeeeerichoooo so not even the dodgey MK figures? heh. I kinda didn't like them, but then got them, then kinda liked them, and now sorta like them LOL.

I don't mind them. I only bought the 6".

However if the line dies before we get that Sonya, Jazwares are dead to me & I'll give away the figures I have to whoever wants them.

Sam wrote: Pink frilly girly toys is something I wont collect.

Your loss...

(Artistix runs off to play with his giant pink Barbie house) Laughing

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Artistix wrote:
UncleCletusKasady wrote:
it would not surprise you that it does not have any media tie-ins to support it.

It could certainly use some.

How so?
The line pretty much sells itself on the back of its own popularity.
Do you mean you would like a media tie in?
Im pretty sure there is a movie in the making which will be pretty neat.

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diabolikprime on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:46 pm

UncleCletusKasady wrote:
TahmidN wrote:...Did i really just see people throwing personal insults at each other in a toy forum.

Nope, you saw me giving my opinion to that person on why i don't like them after they asked why i dont like them.
And also if you had been collecting for a while or knew anything about the popularity of he-man as a toyline it would not surprise you that it does not have any media tie-ins to support it.

So why no retail?

diabolikprime

Number of posts : 324
Trading Status : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 pm

diabolikprime wrote:
UncleCletusKasady wrote:

So why no retail?

That's a question for Mr Mattel, all i know is they did try with those 2 packs which seemed to sell well enough in the U.S.
But im not sure there is complete confidence from mattel execs that this line would sell well enough to warrant a massive release at retail, i guess that question can only really be answered by either mattel releasing them and they sell well or releasing them and they don't sell well.
It has always been said of this line it is predominantley an online adult collectors toyline but im sure if they were confident they would sell in stores then they would be in stores.
In relation to its popularity, i was at SDCC when the figures were first being released and i was amazed at the general popularity of a line that did not really even exist at that point, we had to attend the panel before hand just so we could get a seat, the line to get in was crazy it must have been 10 times as long as the seating capacity of the room.
And at that stage fans were still pumped about the line...
That was before all the problems started.

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top