Is there a particular toyline or type of toy you have zero interest in?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a particular toyline or type of toy you have zero interest in?

Post by fuzzcat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:46 pm

I was trolling through eBay tonight and thought to myself 'Geez, there are a lot of wrestling figures on here', followed rapidly by the thought 'I honestly couldn't give a pig's hairy tit if they never made a wrestling figure again'.
It got me thinking - what toy lines will you never collect?

PS - I am also seriously uninterested in anything to do with anime or manga...

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a particular toyline or type of toy you have zero interest in?

Post by Otter on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 am

Each to their own I guess but for me:
Ben 10 (Obvioulsy very popular with kiddies)
Wrestling
Pirates of the Caribean
I am mainly against the above as it frustrates me that these take up all the shelf space and warm the pegs whilst we cant get more Marvel and DC on them.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:46 am

See I'm the opposite otter, pirates is massive in our house, so finding stuff is good, but those MU figs stinking up the pegs at ridiculous prices don't interest me at all....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixo on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 am

• Marvel Universe
  • Transformers
  • Movie tie-in toys (i.e. Thor, Green Lantern)
  • Wrestling

Anything I don't collect really.

Pixo

Pixo
Aussie slang for Pixie

Number of posts : 800
Trading Status : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1074937977

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 am

Wrestling for me, although those new stands Matty has look pretty cool, but they have wrestling logos all over them

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 am

As much as I'd love action figures from series like Spartacus/Rome/Gladiator (i.e. half-naked, muscular, manly-men), I have no interest in the various "wrestling" figures. But I also don't understand the appeal of watching "wrestling" so I'm sure that colours my views of the figures.

I also can't seem to accept any 3.75" scale figures. There's something about the scale that just seems wrong to me (on top of the rather horrendous prices charged for such tiny little pieces of plastic). Even though there have been plenty of characters I've wanted in that scale (including figures from Marvel Universe and the short-lived DC Infinite Heroes), I've never actually purchased any.

I can't think of many other action figures that I've spotted in the aisles and haven't briefly considered purchasing. Heck, I even admired the fact that Ben 10 appear to have released the sole female character, although from my vague understand she is only available together with a vehicle.

I am looking forward to seeing some more ... appealing action figures on the shelves one day. Marvel Legends and DCUC V2.0 would be a good start. Thundercats would also be welcome. As would Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 am

Master of the Universe Classics. The popularity of this line boggles my mind.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 pm

For a type of toy I have no interest in...it is stactions.

But in saying that I do have quite a few Neca figures! Though they have some movement atleast. I did buy Neca's 6" MOTU Sorceress statue...but that was only because it was Sorceress!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:21 pm

MU too small but the masterworks is cool.

I only collect Spawn,McFarlane Toys, Marvel,DC, vintage toys from the 1960's to 1990's or characters that I grew up with.I do not collect if its too small or limited release.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by new_krypton on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 pm

star wars

new_krypton

Number of posts : 136
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Tons of stuff I'd never/have never bought. Have never got into GI Joe....one of the few cartoons I never watched, never really liked the smaller figures....I get the concept and like the different characters but would pick up MASK/Centurions/MOTU before these. If I had money to waste I'd get WWE figures.....my way of keeping up with the roster & characters is the video games

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFallen on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Bakugon and crap like that which now owns the toy aisles. I almost shed a tear when I go down a toy aisle now as it will never reach the heights of the past again.

TheFallen

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2010-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 pm

The Scream Man wrote:Master of the Universe Classics. The popularity of this line boggles my mind.

I agree!

POTC
Harry Potter
Ben 10
Wrestling

But the lines I collect are few and far between now

Blaster

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2010-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:39 am

The Scream Man wrote:Master of the Universe Classics. The popularity of this line boggles my mind.
Nostalgia, there you go, case closed!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by new_krypton on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:31 am

yeah MOTU for me as well not a fan each to there own

new_krypton

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFallen on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:34 am

Dabigfella wrote:

Not to mention it is the best looking toyline on the market

TheFallen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:37 am

The He-man Classics line makes for a fantastic display.

Sometimes I'm not really sure why I collect wrestling figures...but I do. Few & far between though these days.

Star Wars again makes for such fantastic dioramas. I still plan on hunting down the Jedi High Council sets one day.

I have no idea what Bakugan is.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:42 am

TheFallen wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:

Not to mention it is the best looking toyline on the market

DaBigFella: Nostalgia I can see. I liked He Man as a kid. It was a weird and fun toy line and had cool vehicles and a cartoon I liked. My issue with this s the way they are released at high prices, and exclusive way and with all manner of mess ups with the way you have to purchase them. That's fine if u are into the figures themselves oe hugely into the series, but I'm not which leads me too:

The Fallen: Wow....no. Not even close. Hot Toys, SH Figuarts, Sideshow.... Hell Marvel Legends are a higher level of sculpt and artic than MOTUC. I admit I'm not a fan of the Masters line and I know this may seem like just sour grapes but... Nah dude, I could sit here and add pictures upon pictures of better sculpted and/or articulated toys the MOTUC. nostalgia is coloring the glasses here man. Smile

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Screamy, on your point to the fallen, you are just flat out wrong, in comparison to ANY ml, or any line that is equal to in size and price, motuc will be in the top 5, yes the stuff ups are constant and annoying, yes the exclusivity is a pain, and yes the way you need to purchase them is just plain $(/t, but sculpt wise for the cost(on average $30 delivered) these are very high on the awesome scale (and you can't say I'm biased as I don't collect the line.. Smile ..)

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFallen on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:28 pm

I guess it is always going to be subjective. I have Sideshow GI Joes and I still feel MOTUC is better. Maybe not better than Hot Toys but there is a reason that stuff is called High End Collectibles.

Plus DBF said it better....

TheFallen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PROVOST on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Definitely Wrestling figures.....

PROVOST

Registration date : 2011-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TahmidN on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:33 pm

This is a complex questions, In terms of a line i would NEVER collect i think it'd have to be Pirates of The Caribbean, or just those random movies that release a toy line. I have zero interest for those. Oh yeah, and Bakugan and all that random crap that is cool if you're an 8 year old kid watching cartoons that the toys are inspired from.

And then there are the lines that i have no real interest in, but i wouldn't MIND owning a couple of figures for whatever reason, but won't go out of my way or pay full price for (So essentially a line i have no real interest in) And those lines being MOTUC (Blasphemy for this forum), Star Wars, Gi Joe, some of the NECA stuff like Gears Of War.

TahmidN

Number of posts : 134
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-03

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/tahmidn

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:08 am

I guess for me it would be mostly movie figure lines, things like POTC, avatar,green lantern etc.
Not because i dislike them in anyway, its just that i've no real interest or attachmnet to them.
Nothing about them being bad toys or anything like that just no interest from me.
The marvel universe stuff is the opposite for me i originally disliked them as toys, to be honest mostly because they coincided with the decline in marvel legends and i felt that at the same price point as ML's they were an absolute rip to me as a collector, plus they were poor in respect of p.o.a, level of detail etc IMO.
I still wont collect them now even though i see how good they look in dios or on display especially the secret wars stuff, but thats purely from a financial standpoint more than anything else, if i was a millionaire i would buy them all set them up in a massive dio that rivals the icemans, then never bother with them again except to repose them every so often or pick up the ones that had inevitably fallen over.

Other lines I try to avoid are transformers because i want them all, and lego especially the lego star wars stuff as that would be like crack for me, i crumbled with the new DC stuff and it was a bad move leading me into other cool stuff.

@ ScreamMan you are so predictable as soon as i saw you had posted i knew you would say something like that, going against the grain of what is popular does not make you a cool rebel, you just sound foolish, if you dont like them thats fine but dont assume that because you dont like them others should not, that goes against the whole mentality of us as individuals and collectors and to be honest is a very arrogant standpoint.
I dont particulary have any interest in collecting coins or stamps for example, but that does not mean that because i dont like it that nobody should like it.
Honestly to say the lines popularity "boggles your mind" is ridiculous, as a toy collector yourself surely collecting any toy line should not "boggle your mind" especially a toy line with such a massive fan base as he-man.
I could easily say the same of those robot/plane/manga things you collect, i have zero interest in them and think they are overpriced transformer wannabes, but i assure you there is no boggling of my mind as to why you collect them, obviously you like them ergo you collect them and enjoy them and that is your right as a collector to collect what you like.
MOTUC is a great toy line IMAMOO's, but make no mistakes they are not the be all and end all of toy lines, the line is plauged by issues but ultimatley i still enjoy them on several levels so i collect them.
As i said i fail to see why that would boggle your mind.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:14 pm

UncleCletusKasady wrote:
@ ScreamMan you are so predictable as soon as i saw you had posted i knew you would say something like that, going against the grain of what is popular does not make you a cool rebel, you just sound foolish, if you dont like them thats fine but dont assume that because you dont like them others should not, that goes against the whole mentality of us as individuals and collectors and to be honest is a very arrogant standpoint.

Woah, where did THAT come from? Show me where in my history anywhere I have tried to make myself sound like a cool Rebel?? CAN anyone sound like a cool rebel when discussing friggen TOYS?!

Also what we dont talk for a couple of years, and suddenly you're takin shots at me? What the hell did I do to you?

I dont particulary have any interest in collecting coins or stamps for example, but that does not mean that because i dont like it that nobody should like it.

I never said no one should like He-Man, or that I didnt get why anyone would like the line. my exact words were: "Master of the Universe Classics. The popularity of this line boggles my mind." Which is in response to 'What line do I have zero interes in. MOTUC is the first thing that comes to mind.

Honestly to say the lines popularity "boggles your mind" is ridiculous, as a toy collector yourself surely collecting any toy line should not "boggle your mind" especially a toy line with such a massive fan base as he-man.
I could easily say the same of those robot/plane/manga things you collect, i have zero interest in them and think they are overpriced transformer wannabes, but i assure you there is no boggling of my mind as to why you collect them, obviously you like them ergo you collect them and enjoy them and that is your right as a collector to collect what you like.

I never said I didn't get why anyone would like the line, its the explosive popularity that surprises me. for an online collectors line, with no media tie in at the time o release (or now) thats running purely on nostalgia, this line EXPLODED! In a matter of months multiple toy boards i vist had whole forums dedicated to the line, which i hadnt seen since DCUC, a line that DOES have long established characters and a media empire backing it. I wasnt mind boggled that fans liked it, or offended that people tried it; Hell I got a He-Man myself. The surprise was that it just went BALLISTIC in a very short amount of time. MOTUC has to be one of the biggest collectors lines of its scale on the market today, and detectably the largest PURE collectors line. For a series that is running with no Tie in, that's pretty stunning. Hell, even though its started to dip in numbers (from what I understand) they're still going strong... what 3 years later? That's AMAZING! MIND BOGGLING! i feel petty justified in feeling that wa
quote]MOTUC is a great toy line IMAMOO's, but make no mistakes they are not the be all and end all of toy lines, the line is plauged by issues but ultimatley i still enjoy them on several levels so i collect them.
As i said i fail to see why that would boggle your mind.

I don't think MOTUC is a terrible line. Fallen said it was the best looking toyline on the market; I disagree. Strongly. I don't think its is a BAD line or that the people who collect it are morons or anything. but I REALLY don't think it's the best. Even if you take out high end stuff like Hot Toys or Sideshow, I feel the level of details and sculpt in recent Marvel Legends (Admittedly I haven't seen them all, but the ones I have), GI Joe or Eastern lines line S.H. Figuarts far exceed that of the He-Man lines. The articulation is higher and better matched into the sculpt, the body reuse is more creative (Though admittedly that's a lot less true in GI Joe) and unique and the overall characters come out looking more like 'real' people proportionally.

You said it yourself; MOTUC is not the Be all and end all of toy lines; I agree. I don't dig them as much as you guys do, but I don't think they're BAD, just not the greatest. I don't the collectors, the popularity of the line or the line itself. I honestly wish the fans all the best and hope they get to keep getting them for years to come! I have told Artistix on Fwooshcast SEVERAL times that I think his display with all the characters together is incredibly epic and cool, and some of the other displays I've seen have made me almost change my mind as well. Hell the Windraider is an AMAZING looking toy, and I was tempted to get one to have my He-Man sit in. But in the end, I pull out the figure I have, fiddle with him a bit and remember the line inn't for me.

I hope I have cleared this up. Again I was a bit surprised by your initial statement and thought that I had to be some toy rebel or whatever (I STILL don't know what that would even be) or that you think I only post to sound cool and go against the grain. A few years ago I'd have said we were friends till we fell out of touch, and I'm sorry that apparently your opinions of me have changed so much.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Ok, did anyone NOT see this happening? Razz

As soon as I saw the title of the thread days ago I thought 'here we go'.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top