So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NYTF Reveals

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 am

I'm actually quite impressed by all the reveals.

I'm not a fan of Spikor, but I think the figure looks pretty good. And given the amount of "fan demand" for this figure, I'm surprised to see another "heavy hitter" in 2012. I guess "Filmation" variants of A-List characters will help to keep the line alive in the future.

While I'm sure everyone was hoping for a Horde Trooper two-pack, the Snake-Men two-pack looks pretty cool and will certainly help to bolster King Hsss' forces. I think they both look great (far better than King Hsss) and I especially like the gladiator-esque armour on the "yellow" Snake-Man. All that said, the army-builders aren't for me. It does make me wonder if we'll ever see a "Bright Moon" soldiers two-pack and perhaps a two-pack of Skeletor's ... what were they ... robots?

Sir Laser Lot is ... actually quite appealing. It looks like someone took Superman and turned him into a MOTUC "knight". The name is stupid (what is so wrong with La-Zor), but shamefully I actually like pretty much everything else about the figure. I don't know whether I like it enough to purchase it, but it's definitely one I will strongly consider purchasing. It seems to "fit" with the world of mOTUC the best out of all the 30th Anniversary reveals to date (with the possible exception of Fearless Photog).

And last, but certainly not least - FROSTA! I'm very glad to see a female member of The Great Rebellion and a prominent one as well! Because this is the figure I'm definitely going to purchase, it gets the longest list of "quibbles" - firstly, I'm not a fan of the "Drag Queen" make-up. I know it is a decent approximation of Frosta's animated appearance, but s/he looks terrible! If they tone-down the make-up (?) on the eyes, it should help. I'm not a fan of the "lips" either, but I don't think there is any chance that the strange "puckering" expression will change and I'm guessing she's just warming up in anticipation of seeing He-Man!

Also, the "wand" looks pretty foolish. It appears over-sized and the "colours" don't seem to "match" at all! Lastly, it looks like Frosta *might* have "flat heels" instead of She-Ra's "high heels". It's fairly minor, but I think all the female members of The Great Rebellion had (impractical) high heels with the exception of Glimmer.

Anyway, all in all, I'm impressed. Frosta is a definite purchase and La-Zor is a definite maybe.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:52 am

was about to complain about the colour of Spikor.....then googled and realised it's correct.....I think I'd prefer tones of dark blue over the purple for the arms & legs. Snake men look nice.

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:05 am

Spikor - Ugly bastard but thats him, so COOL!
Frosta - Agreed on the face makeup, needs to tone down or something, and perhaps a less cumbersome staff would be good, but I think it fits the genre enough. I also think she has the high heels though, but the tack they used to hold her down filled in the space to make it look flat?
Snakemen - ooooze awesomeness! Love the look, and while I only ever owned Khan as a kid these are definitely and awesome addition!
Sir Laser Lot - Uh, not really sure. Might be a bit goofy for my particular tastes, and I'm not familiar with the character's creation or anything, so not sure. Kinda cool though.
Very cool!

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:45 am

So glad I didn't get the 30th anniv sub. It's batting 1/4 for mine.

Spikor is cool. Snakemen are ok, but don't wow me. Frosta is just expected and basically a She-Ra army builder (most of the POP females are just the same but in a different flavour).

Still, a massive lol at Sir Laser Lot. Almost as bad as the Mighty Spector. Razz

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 am

Spikor and the Snake Men I like a lot. Frosta not so much....what's with the buck teeth? And Sir Laser......as goofey a figure you're gonna get I suppose Sad

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 am

Did everyone see this?

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 am

Are we looking at the swords DBF?

I quite like Frosta's distinct lips. Anything to help differenciate one female from another is good.

Soo glad we are finally beefing up both the Rebellion & the Snakemen. I'll be buying 2 of that 2-pack for sure.

Sir whatsisname is bizarre. Like Spector I will need time to process what I am seeing.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

^^^^

I think the big gun/arm cannon is also new isn't it? Are both the Keldor swords and the big gun coming with Snake Man-at-Arms?

I still can't believe they refuse to throw in a regular "human" head with SMAA. That seems like such a bizarre decision to me, especially when regular MAA remains an "in demand" figure.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:19 am

Yeah they are both new, maa arm cannon and 0X keldor swords...

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Does anyone else think that Frosta looks like Sophie Monk with blue hair?

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:24 am

i thought it was just cosplay! lol

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:56 am

From 4H Cornboy RE: Frosta

"Please spread the word. Paint job was a quickie so we could show her at Toy Fair. Tweaks are being made DDR"

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Swords! Arm guns! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Spikor - YES! About time - he was one of my favourites as a kid, very happy with his translation to Classics.
Frosta - meh. Glad she's getting some work on the face. As a character choice, happy she's getting done but would have preferred a Filmation character in this slot - maybe September.....
Snakemen - YES!!! Was expecting Horde Troopers or maybe even Palace Firemen (like Snout Spout - from the IDW series) as a left field choice, but very happy with these fellows.
Sir Spaz-O Lot - huh? Since when do comic writers get to design character? He's better than Spector, but looks like Roboto before he goes off to the ball (or Mardi Gras) to me - from a distance he resembles a Mighty Ducks figure with that faux beak.
So it's a 50% strike rate for me this time round.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:27 pm

In his NYTF interview with Pixel Dan, Toyguru said they had to delete Horde Primes staff. He will still have a crossbow & the extra head. Plus the helmet.

All 4 Snakmen 2-pack heads are different, it's not just open & closed mouth versions of the 2.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?221074-Toy-Fair-2012-Walkthrough-Video-with-ToyGuru

Plus TP He-man bio:

When Skeletor banished Randor to Despondos, he used Faker to convince the royal court that He-Man was not only a Gar, but also responsible for the King's "death." This ruse turned the people of Eternia against He-Man and the Masters soon became renegades in their own land. Driving to the underground caves of Tundoria, the Masters reformed as an elite attack squad. They returned to the surface and found not only Skeletor ruling Eternia, but King Hssss and a newly returned Hordak also challenging for control. To enhance his strength for these new battles ahead, He-Man used the Powers of Grayskull to energize his weapons, giving them a new Thunder Punch to combat evil!

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 pm

lol cool. Looking forward to thunderthighs heman... I mean thunderpunch... hehe. I never had the original.. but this looks natty!!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top