Shadow Weaver Pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadow Weaver Pics

Post by HotToyKid on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:14 am

Some nice new pictures of the Shadow Weaver...

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/01/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-shadow-weaver

Has anyone else noticed the listings on ebay for this figure starting at around the $149 mark.

To open or not to open???

HotToyKid

Number of posts : 31
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shadow Weaver Pics

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:22 am

Very nice figure. A simple design that has been well captured in 3D.

The "sleeve" construction is so much better for Shadow Weaver than the "wings" for the Sorceress.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:11 am

Mattel changing from sub figures being non-essential rarities (Wun-Dar, Preternia He-Man) to most wanted figures (Shadow Weaver), is the #1 bone-headed move they've made with the line to date (IMHO).

Who wouldn't want to buy 2-3 Weavers?

So disappointing.

I guess we now play the waiting game, to see when Ram-Man is announced as a sub-figure... Rolling Eyes

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:25 am

DroothR wrote:Mattel changing from sub figures being non-essential rarities (Wun-Dar, Preternia He-Man) to most wanted figures (Shadow Weaver), is the #1 bone-headed move they've made with the line to date (IMHO).

Who wouldn't want to buy 2-3 Weavers?

So disappointing.

I guess we now play the waiting game, to see when Ram-Man is announced as a sub-figure... Rolling Eyes

It's about marketing. They could either sell out of Shadow Weaver as a monthly figure (they sell out of EVERY figure anyways), or they can push for a higher number of subscribers which translates to guaranteed monthly sales for figures, bonus figures and beasts. I think making Shadow Weaver the exclusive was genius!

Oz-Scott

Number of posts : 189
Trading Status : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 am

Oz-Scott wrote:It's about marketing. They could either sell out of Shadow Weaver as a monthly figure (they sell out of EVERY figure anyways), or they can push for a higher number of subscribers which translates to guaranteed monthly sales for figures, bonus figures and beasts. I think making Shadow Weaver the exclusive was genius!
Yeah, I know that.

But it's low, and the complete opposite of what the Club Exclusive figure was originally pitched as.

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 am

I was having a great 2011 as a non-sub holder, now that their site issues have somewhat been resolved. As a non-sub holder, I got pretty much every figure bar one (I think) and I was happy to choose what I wanted, get it shipped how I wanted, and not be locked into the unknown.

Shadow Weaver then locked me into the sub. SW as the sub excl is basically a way of getting those who are the "well, I'll get most of them anyway" to commit.

In the end, that along with the higher day of sale prices are going to drive away casual collectors, moreso than entice people to buy a whole lot more than they already are. It is incredibly short sighted marketing.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:52 pm

A couple of my SW pics:

Oz-Scott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:56 pm

So awesome!

Now it's time for the upskirt pictures.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Great shots!!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Xenaphobia wrote:Now it's time for the upskirt pictures.

I wasn't wearing one... Maybe next time.

Oz-Scott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:37 am

Jor-El wrote:I was having a great 2011 as a non-sub holder, now that their site issues have somewhat been resolved. As a non-sub holder, I got pretty much every figure bar one (I think) and I was happy to choose what I wanted, get it shipped how I wanted, and not be locked into the unknown.

Shadow Weaver then locked me into the sub. SW as the sub excl is basically a way of getting those who are the "well, I'll get most of them anyway" to commit.

In the end, that along with the higher day of sale prices are going to drive away casual collectors, moreso than entice people to buy a whole lot more than they already are. It is incredibly short sighted marketing.
You say YOU were a casual collector, but purchased a sub to get SW, then say its narrow minded marketing that won't work? You are living proof it worked a treat.....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 am

Oz-Scott wrote:
Xenaphobia wrote:Now it's time for the upskirt pictures.

I wasn't wearing one... Maybe next time.

thumbs up 2

In regards to characters chosen for the sub exclusive, I always have & always will get the sub, so it doesn't bother me who they choose.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 am

Nice pics! is she polishing her orb there.... hordak might be jealous....

oh no i didn't....

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 am

Dabigfella wrote:
Jor-El wrote:I was having a great 2011 as a non-sub holder, now that their site issues have somewhat been resolved. As a non-sub holder, I got pretty much every figure bar one (I think) and I was happy to choose what I wanted, get it shipped how I wanted, and not be locked into the unknown.

You say YOU were a casual collector, but purchased a sub to get SW, then say its narrow minded marketing that won't work? You are living proof it worked a treat.....

I'm not a casual collector, I just liked the ability to pick and choose. I see casual collectors moreso as those who are looking to get the odd figure (ie. maybe all except POP/NA/Concepts). They may see missing Shadow Weaver as a deal breaker, because it's too much to commit to just to get one of maybe a half dozen figures per year they like.

I get over 90% of the releases, so a sub for me is not a deal breaker. I can live with the extra 1 or 2 figures I'd normally skip. Mattel is not benefiting a great deal from me than they normally do.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reillyd on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Sam wrote:Nice pics! is she polishing her orb there.... hordak might be jealous....

I was thinking she was 'stroking her wand', but thought better of it. Sounds a little sus

reillyd

Number of posts : 104
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top