Anyone been to SuperNova?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I go to Supernova?

90% 90% 
[ 9 ]
10% 10% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 10

Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by sher1888 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 am

Anyone been to SuperNova?

Do they sell collectibles in there?


Last edited by sher1888 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 27
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by The Iceman on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah, been to the first one Adelaide had last year. Really enjoyed it, I did pick up a couple of Marvel figures and there were plenty of sellers of other figures, a few from interstate.
Had a chat with Nicola Scott of Teen Titans fame and got a couple of issues signed by her. I was really surprised at the number of people that wore costumes including a leggy lass dressed as Zatanna. Cool
I will definitely go again. Smile

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

Number of posts : 304
Age : 53
Location : Adelaide, South Australia
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by sher1888 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks I will go this June in Sydney.Hopefully would find figures that I am looking for.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 27
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by The Scream Man on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Depends what you're looking for, but its usually a fun weekend.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by sher1888 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:40 pm

The Scream Man wrote:Depends what you're looking for, but its usually a fun weekend.

Toy sellers, what we collect e.g. Marvel Legends, DC and etc

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 27
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by Xenaphobia on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:27 pm

I went to the Supanova in Brisbane and they have plenty of stands selling "new" action figures, some of which are ridiculously priced (for example, MOTUC figures at $60 to $100 each).

I didn't see any stands selling second-hand or "loose" action figures, so I'm not sure how many Marvel Legends would be available. I also don't recall seeing a lot of DCUC, but I think there were a few places selling DC Direct.

I went there with a generous spending budget and ended up purchasing nothing because it was basically just the same action figures and other merchandise that my local comic book store sells, but more expensive!

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Age : 104
Location : Brisbane
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by sher1888 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Xenaphobia wrote:I went to the Supanova in Brisbane and they have plenty of stands selling "new" action figures, some of which are ridiculously priced (for example, MOTUC figures at $60 to $100 each).

I didn't see any stands selling second-hand or "loose" action figures, so I'm not sure how many Marvel Legends would be available. I also don't recall seeing a lot of DCUC, but I think there were a few places selling DC Direct.

I went there with a generous spending budget and ended up purchasing nothing because it was basically just the same action figures and other merchandise that my local comic book store sells, but more expensive!

Thanks for the info, its more generally overpriced figures.Getting my hopes up for the next local toy fair in Sydney.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 27
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by BoloMusashi on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I normally help TheGoodDr out with his stall over the SupaNova weekend. Besides that bit of karmic alignment, I'm basically there to get sketches, the odd signature and back issue .. oh yeah and to grab a decent eyeful.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Age : 38
Location : Perth, WA
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by sher1888 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:14 pm

BoloMusashi wrote:I normally help TheGoodDr out with his stall over the SupaNova weekend. Besides that bit of karmic alignment, I'm basically there to get sketches, the odd signature and back issue .. oh yeah and to grab a decent eyeful.

Your making me want to go now.I should have made this a poll whether should I go or not.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 27
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by DroothR on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Supanova is the best convention Australia has.

I do much better getting decent priced collectables there than I do at Armageddon lately.

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Age : 34
Location : Melbourne, Australia
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by blacksmith on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:16 pm

I went there, but i didn't like it.
Not that many good deal for me.
I usually went home empty handed.

blacksmith

Number of posts : 235
Age : 33
Location : Blacksmith Street
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by Pixo on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:29 am

I go to Supanova and Armageddon for the guests first, and the shopping second. I also would consider going on principle alone. The stronger the Con is, the better the guests we should continue to get.

Pixo

Pixo
Aussie slang for Pixie

Number of posts : 800
Age : 43
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1074937977

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by HotToyKid on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

BoloMusashi wrote:I normally help TheGoodDr out with his stall over the SupaNova weekend. Besides that bit of karmic alignment, I'm basically there to get sketches, the odd signature and back issue .. oh yeah and to grab a decent eyeful.

Does the SupaNova in Perth happen to be any good if you are looking to buy toys or is it more of an event for autographs? I assume the seller stalls for toys are different in each state.

HotToyKid

Number of posts : 31
Age : 36
Location : Perth, Western Australia
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by ADFarrell on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:03 am

I've hit the Melbourne one the last two years...first time I walked out with a Barbie as Batgirl Pink Label collection, 2nd time I walked out with a stack of X-Men comics, a Rook Bartley Robotech MOC figurine and a photo of me and Charisma Carpenter! ad a blast the 2nd time around, and this year seeing i'm getting back into my collection, i'll be hitting the sellers hard.

Lots to look at, nice range of new to vintage...alot of anime/manga which can be frustrating, but none-the-less, still fun to walk around!

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by Mahzian on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:05 pm

I used to go to every Brisbane nova (since it started) but my interest has trickled off the last few years, it seems to be very anime / cosplay focused (which is great if you like anime) but for me, as I only really like western comics (Marvel/DC etc) it has been pretty lackluster in terms of guests and vendors.

I remember a con we used to have, Oz Con (which was run by the same people) a while back (mid 90's) which was awesome, they even got Jim Lee out at one point.

I guess there is more demand these days for anime/cosplay/harry potter/twilight stuff

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by Dabigfella on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Sydney is basically a collection of the well known comic stores selling their overpriced new stuff, no loose or second hand stuff. For what you like the collectables fair is better, that being said its still a good day out at Supanova for the guests, a general look and a bit of a perv...

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by ADFarrell on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:21 pm

A version of the uber drool worthy Comic Con is headed our way this year. Ozcomiccon.com Melbourne and Adelaide later this year. Tempted to hit the Melbourne one to see Skinner from X-Files and Capt Piccard!

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by sher1888 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Dabigfella wrote:Sydney is basically a collection of the well known comic stores selling their overpriced new stuff, no loose or second hand stuff. For what you like the collectables fair is better, that being said its still a good day out at Supanova for the guests, a general look and a bit of a perv...

Thanks for clarifying Supernova and good stuff comes from the fair, I will attend S.N. just to experience it.

LOL @ perv Very Happy

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 27
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by sher1888 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 pm

ADFarrell wrote:A version of the uber drool worthy Comic Con is headed our way this year. Ozcomiccon.com Melbourne and Adelaide later this year. Tempted to hit the Melbourne one to see Skinner from X-Files and Capt Piccard!

That's cool, heard there is more guest check out yadda yadda thread for more info.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 27
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by ADFarrell on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 am

sher1888 wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:Sydney is basically a collection of the well known comic stores selling their overpriced new stuff, no loose or second hand stuff. For what you like the collectables fair is better, that being said its still a good day out at Supanova for the guests, a general look and a bit of a perv...

Thanks for clarifying Supernova and good stuff comes from the fair, I will attend S.N. just to experience it.

LOL @ perv Very Happy

You should! I was a bit overwhelmed my first time! It wasn't until I went my second time last year that I had an action plan (Comics wanted, figures to look for and celebs to hit for photos and autographs) and went crazy! Prices can be a bit bazinga though.

ADFarrell

Number of posts : 79
Age : 36
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile http://Anthobuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone been to SuperNova?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:48 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum