Could we start a petition for Toy Companies to offer more figures to Australia?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could we start a petition for Toy Companies to offer more figures to Australia?

Post by Toy_Fan on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, and I am a bit worried that people will think I am pushing my frame in posting in this section so early.

However, I love both "MotU" and "DC", I was wondering if this site would consider starting an online petition with collectors asking for a distribution that allowed Australian fans to buy every figure from their favorite toy lines locally. I collect The Four Horsemen DC lines, ie "DC Universe Classics", "Justice League Unlimited" and "The Batman". From Mattel I also intend to collect "The Dark Knight", "Infiniate Heroes" and "Masters of the Universe: Classics". I also collect "TMNT" from Playmates. As well as other DC Direct/ Neca Collector lines. Needless to say the Mattel and "TMNT" lines have left me having to go to online stores/ ebay to get my figures. I am grateful that these places exist, however, it is a tragedy in my oppinion that these great figures are not more plentiful.

Take Care,
Darren

Toy_Fan

Number of posts : 51
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could we start a petition for Toy Companies to offer more figures to Australia?

Post by NiteOwl on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Are you the same Darren from He-Man.org? If so, welcome aboard. Believe me we all feel your frustration. I just wonder if we are big enough of a market for international companies to care at all. It looks like we only get the left overs from the big toy companies as it is. Remember the disgusting assortment we got from Mattel inregards to Motu?

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could we start a petition for Toy Companies to offer more figures to Australia?

Post by Otter on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:40 pm

We would be best to target the buyers from the major retail chains. I am sure the toy companies would love to sell more toys but its up to the buyers to make the decision to range it or not. My day job I sell paint to buyers but in the hardware sector obviously. The buyers are the key not the toy companies.
I would say TRU is the best target followed by Target or K-mart.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMyth on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:48 pm

welcome. i like the sound of your intentions. but we are so few.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toy_Fan on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Hello Everyone,

Niteowl: Yes, I am the Darren who posts on He-Man.org under the username Fisto. Thank you for the welcome mate. I know, what you mean regarding our numbers. However, I still wonder if we can get something happening. Especially, if we are vocal enough.

Otter: That sounds like good advice approaching retaillers. I think it is worth a try.

TheMyth: Thank you for your support. I really hope that we can get something to happen.

Take Care,
Darren

Toy_Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:20 am

Toy_Fan wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am new here, and I am a bit worried that people will think I am pushing my frame in posting in this section so early.

However, I love both "MotU" and "DC", I was wondering if this site would consider starting an online petition with collectors asking for a distribution that allowed Australian fans to buy every figure from their favorite toy lines locally. I collect The Four Horsemen DC lines, ie "DC Universe Classics", "Justice League Unlimited" and "The Batman". From Mattel I also intend to collect "The Dark Knight", "Infiniate Heroes" and "Masters of the Universe: Classics". I also collect "TMNT" from Playmates. As well as other DC Direct/ Neca Collector lines. Needless to say the Mattel and "TMNT" lines have left me having to go to online stores/ ebay to get my figures. I am grateful that these places exist, however, it is a tragedy in my oppinion that these great figures are not more plentiful.

Take Care,
Darren

Welcome to the boards,you got to understand your dealing with mattel here! they dont know that australia exists.DCUC should of been released in australia by now but there not here, and local online retailers dont even have them.Mattel's distributing is as good as hasbros paint apps !! but im willing to try anything.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:19 am

Hey Darren, my username over at He-Man.org is jakes12. i am more of a lurker over there. I take your point, if we were more vocal then maybe we could get things happening. It's the dream to walk into any store and see the new DCUC sitting on the shelves Cool

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Holt on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 am

the fear of not getting the Dark Knight 6" line keeps me up at night

Steve Holt
Looks excited

Number of posts : 485
Trading Status : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toy_Fan on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

It is great to see so many replies to this. Smile

ragericho: I totally here you on that. Maybe, because of the direct inport issue, we would not need Mattel on board, just retaillers as previously suggested by Otter.

NiteOwl: Yes, I guess I just think that anything is worth a try and if we are gentle and not overly hostile, but firm in our views and unitied we could really give this a real shot.

Steve Holt: I hear that, I try not to think about it. Sad

Today, I got to thinking that Target once upon a time use to have Postage Paid feedback cards, that customers could find in Target stores and mail to the Geelong headoffice.

I do not know if Target still has these cards or not they are after all owned by another corporation now. But, if they still do this we could approach Target and any other store that allow for customer input.

Take Care,
Darren

Toy_Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:02 pm

I've kinda given up on Aus retail. It's hit and miss. I'll collect things here and there, but I gotta tell you that going to the same store for over a month and there being nothing new (and I collect WWE figures folks... there's ALWAYS something new) is really kind of deflating.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toy_Fan on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Hey Jor-El,

I hear what you are saying mate. It certainly Australian Retail does not offer much hope to Toy fans and collectors. And, I certainly import my fair share. However, I really think it is worth atleast making our feelings known. I mean, what do we have to loose?

Take Care,
Darren

Toy_Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top