Did anyone had experienced buying outside of ebay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did anyone had experienced buying outside of ebay?

Post by sher1888 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:02 am

I just noticed that their update is horrible as it never gets updated.Did anyone had this experience and how long does it take to get the US shipment in here?

My update on first item bought was stuck on "dispatched sort facility since Nov 30, while the other item that I have bought on a later date "depart from USPS facility".

Last edited by sher1888 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Did anyone had experienced buying outside of ebay?

Post by Octane on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Usually it about 2 weeks Priorty from the US to Australia Priorty, Month of december usually add a week as the USPS gets swamped. Up to 4 weeks is not impossible for Priorty at this time of the year.

I had packages not been updated in various stages along the process (Just because someone does not scan something) Actually the last one I sent still said it has been dispatched from AU customs and that the last update I got (Even though it been recieved the other end)

Depends what it is? Those Dam flat rate Small Priorty Boxes don't track any more outside the USA and they usually just say dispatched form wherever and thats it. (So if it was something small that could explain why!)

Anything else contact the person shipping? (If it all payed for via PAYPAL and you have a tracking number you good and covered if it does not turn up.)

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:33 am

Thanks just got my last US package and I got worried it took 16 days to get to AU. They do not track anything.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:19 pm

sher1888 wrote:Thanks just got my last US package and I got worried it took 16 days to get to AU. They do not track anything.

Anything Priorty or EMS sent form the USA should be trackable (Except the Small Flat Rate Priorty Boxes) although the USPS system melts down at X-mas due to volume.

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:15 am

Octane wrote:
Anything Priorty or EMS sent form the USA should be trackable (Except the Small Flat Rate Priorty Boxes) although the USPS system melts down at X-mas due to volume.

LOL it definitely does, I've got a couple parcels in "Christmas Postage Limbo" ATM.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 am

BoloMusashi wrote:
Octane wrote:

LOL it definitely does, I've got a couple parcels in "Christmas Postage Limbo" ATM.

LOL...

My first parcel took exactly took weeks and second parcel took sixteen days. Also adding another day for each on picking it up upon your Aus post office as it depends on the carrier.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 am

Octane wrote:
sher1888 wrote:Thanks just got my last US package and I got worried it took 16 days to get to AU. They do not track anything.

Thanks.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am

My latest question about ebay:Did anyone had experience buying outside of ebay?

I bought from a US seller 2 weeks ago of a pricey figure , but after the transaction , he has offered me a discount and bargain for two rare figures.He sent me an invoice through Paypal.Is it safe and has anyone had experienced doing this?

I have received the item that I bought from him 2 weeks ago and he has 100% feed back.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:10 pm

As always it's a risk.....having just been burned from a trade on kid robot forums i'm a little sore still.... Probably ok since you just traded with him.....but....if you send payment "as gift" Paypal laugh at you when you try and file a claim.....you're better paying the 4% and taking it as a trade as then you have some small recompense if it doesn't arrive.

When I've been outbid on an Ebay item, lose then the seller offers a second chance offer I never take it.... even though you get the item at the price you bid at I usually think this is because of false bids by friends/double accounts bumping up the price

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 pm

The Dr Of Style wrote:As always it's a risk.....having just been burned from a trade on kid robot forums i'm a little sore still.... Probably ok since you just traded with him.....but....if you send payment "as gift" Paypal laugh at you when you try and file a claim.....you're better paying the 4% and taking it as a trade as then you have some small recompense if it doesn't arrive.

When I've been outbid on an Ebay item, lose then the seller offers a second chance offer I never take it.... even though you get the item at the price you bid at I usually think this is because of false bids by friends/double accounts bumping up the price
Ouch! there are so many bad trades on that forum as I have just read their feedback trades. Did you get your money back on a dispute claim ?.I Would never send payment as a gift (paying that fee) , he gave me an invoice and at the bottom there is like a resolve/dispute button. Thanks for the advice.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top