The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by sher1888 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:47 am

Mine are Masters of the Universe and Star Wars.After those are Marvel Legends, GI Joe (Original Gi Joes), Transformers, DC and Animated series: Spiderman,Batman, Iron man, X-men and Fantastic 4.

Embarassed Lego is in there as Top 3

Laughing no Barbie yet


Last edited by sher1888 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 am; edited 3 times in total

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 26
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Gevaudin on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Transformers and He-Man are my two, although Star Wars takes no. 3. Smile

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Age : 36
Location : Perth
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Jor-El on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:49 pm

So many to choose from... MOTU is a big one, given this is the 3rd time round for many (first in childhood, then during the modern cartoon period and now with the classics).

But before that, Marvel Legends was groundbreaking, with a crap ton of hits despite some severely bad misses.

Star Wars is a huge one, with longevity and continual improvement in design. Not a line I collect but if they did a line similar to MOTUC scale/sculpt/articulation, I'd have a hard time not getting them. At least the core characters of the OT.

Transformers also, similar to SW, just simply keeps going on and on.

This is really worthy of a poll with multiple options and should be covered by a larger base than we could possibly bring justice to here (unfortunately). But I think at the very least, our discussions will raise some positive points and opinion.

I will throw one out of left field that many may not consider. Palisades' Muppets line from early to mid 2000s was absolutely amazing. The sculpting in that line is perhaps some of the best and most consistent of any line I've seen. Sure, the sculpts are based on puppets, which can be rather simplistic, but the detail put into each figure, I mean they even added the texture of the puppet fabric used into the sculpt. It was a sad day when that company went under, particularly as they were going to branch out into Sesame Street figures. Definitely a line that holds a special place in my toy heart.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Age : 37
Location : Perth
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Mahzian on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Would be Star Wars for me even though I no longer collect them in a big way, it's the perfect scale for vehicles and playsets which hasbro was never afraid to explore

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Tons of love for SOTA streetfighters but impossible to do better than the following:

Matchbox cars......still under $3 a pop
Lego in all of its shapes & forms

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Age : 39
Location : Perth
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Gevaudin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 am

Must admit, Lego is up there!

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Age : 36
Location : Perth
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:27 am

Best line ever is Motuc, best overall franchise is Motu in general, and Lego is 2nd...

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Shocka on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 am

My personal pick for Best Toy Line Ever is the Palisades Muppets - beautiful sculpting, stunning accessories, amazing articulation, and the awesome playsets - everything worked. I still weep that we never got to see their Sesame Street line realised.

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Age : 33
Location : Perth
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by sher1888 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 am

Jor-El wrote:So many to choose from... MOTU is a big one, given this is the 3rd time round for many (first in childhood, then during the modern cartoon period and now with the classics).

But before that, Marvel Legends was groundbreaking, with a crap ton of hits despite some severely bad misses.

Star Wars is a huge one, with longevity and continual improvement in design. Not a line I collect but if they did a line similar to MOTUC scale/sculpt/articulation, I'd have a hard time not getting them. At least the core characters of the OT.

Transformers also, similar to SW, just simply keeps going on and on.

This is really worthy of a poll with multiple options and should be covered by a larger base than we could possibly bring justice to here (unfortunately). But I think at the very least, our discussions will raise some positive points and opinion.

I will throw one out of left field that many may not consider. Palisades' Muppets line from early to mid 2000s was absolutely amazing. The sculpting in that line is perhaps some of the best and most consistent of any line I've seen. Sure, the sculpts are based on puppets, which can be rather simplistic, but the detail put into each figure, I mean they even added the texture of the puppet fabric used into the sculpt. It was a sad day when that company went under, particularly as they were going to branch out into Sesame Street figures. Definitely a line that holds a special place in my toy heart.

Something is wrong with my interface in this forum, so its hard for me to type things or post things.Unless someone should do the Poll, thanks for reminding me about MOTU, I already forgot that I had the cartoon version toys, but was limited could not collect much. My cousin had all of it from the original vintage He-man and still has the boxes to it.The best toy-line I have seen with Star-wars.I do agree with the muppets thing saw it on your thread.

Star-Wars mostly collected 12 inch and yes, I agree about the size and detailing.Hasbro love small figures ruined Marvel Toys.


Last edited by sher1888 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 26
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by sher1888 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:06 am

Gevaudin wrote:Must admit, Lego is up there!

added forgot about it Embarassed

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 26
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by sher1888 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:08 am

Mahzian wrote:Would be Star Wars for me even though I no longer collect them in a big way, it's the perfect scale for vehicles and playsets which hasbro was never afraid to explore

True fits with the vintage Toys e.g. late 70's-80's (played those, but do not have them anymore).I went crazy with storm troopers bought around 30 I think ,those first remastered toys.However I collected mostly those 12 inch.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 26
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Artistix on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 am

I've seen a few threads at He-man.org asking whether MOTUC is the best toyline ever.

I always answer "It has a while to go before it compares to Muppets!" Very Happy


Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Age : 34
Location : N.S.W
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by sher1888 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 am

Artistix wrote:I've seen a few threads at He-man.org asking whether MOTUC is the best toyline ever.

I always answer "It has a while to go before it compares to Muppets!" Very Happy


Sick figs will buy those soon.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Age : 26
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Octane on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Matchbox before it was bought by Mattel/Hotwheels.

Lego would get a vote from me (Early Space lego is my vice)

Early Transformers.

Anything Toybiz (Yes a lot of it was ugly, not super sculpted but it had super play value. Hardly ever broke.)

Slime (Show me a kid from the 70, 80 or 90's that has not at one time owned a trashcan of this ooze)

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, USA
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by The Scream Man on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Alot of these answers are clearly "My favourite" and therefore I'll say Marvel Legends, which changed the way I collect toys.


best ever? Star Wars. It more or less invented action figures and has continued to have a strong presence on shelves. No question.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Toy Line ever created or collected in your opinion

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:09 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum