2011 OzFigurama Toy Awards - submit your display pictures!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2011 OzFigurama Toy Awards - submit your display pictures!

Post by Jor-El on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:11 am

Hi all

Voting is not yet open for this year's Toy Awards. What I am seeking first is submission of pictures of your displays. This is open to every registered user on the forum. Simply post in this thread your "entry" for the new award category of "Best OzFigurama Display" (as suggested via this thread).

I will open full voting in 2 weeks (28th of November), so you have until then to post up your pics. There's no prizes, unfortunately, but you will receive the honour of being included in the awards if you win, with the added honour of being the inaugural winner.

There's no real criteria for your display. Just take pics of whatever you like, as long as they are toys from your collection. They will then be voted on by all who submit votes for the full awards come the 28th.

Mods - hoping you can leave this on the main board for exposure. This thread (and post) will be edited to be the official 2011 OzFigurama Toy Awards thread on November 28.

So, guys, get your cameras out and post up!

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 OzFigurama Toy Awards - submit your display pictures!

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Jor-El wrote:Hi all

Voting is not yet open for this year's Toy Awards. What I am seeking first is submission of pictures of your displays. This is open to every registered user on the forum. Simply post in this thread your "entry" for the new award category of "Best OzFigurama Display" (as suggested via this thread).

I will open full voting in 2 weeks (28th of November), so you have until then to post up your pics. There's no prizes, unfortunately, but you will receive the honour of being included in the awards if you win, with the added honour of being the inaugural winner.

There's no real criteria for your display. Just take pics of whatever you like, as long as they are toys from your collection. They will then be voted on by all who submit votes for the full awards come the 28th.

Mods - hoping you can leave this on the main board for exposure. This thread (and post) will be edited to be the official 2011 OzFigurama Toy Awards thread on November 28.

So, guys, get your cameras out and post up!

F%$# it, I'll take myself out of the running and offer up a Moc MOTUC Buzz off as a prize, not much i know, but better than nothing! Good luck guys!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:57 am

Wow, cheers DBF! Since you're being so kind, I'll dig up something as well... in fact, if anyone wants to contribute to a prize pool, post here or PM me and we'll see what we can offer.

And DBF... don't take yourself out of the running! The only rule with the vote is that you can't vote for yourself, so I reckon prize contributors are A OK to be part of it! Smile

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Ok, gone through storage stuff. I'll put up a set of 30 Days of Night figures MOC (3 figures and 1 build-a-figure) for the prize pool. Will also throw in a Jonah Hex Lilah (Megan Fox) MOC.

I may end up separating the prize pool into "placings" or into different creative awards. Will work it out before voting opens.

I will put stringent conditions in, like there must be at least 6 entrants to vote on, just so we have a big enough pool to judge. So get your display photos posted! Smile

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:59 am

Hi all, just a reminder to post your display pics by next Monday (I know, I need to post mine as well :p).

Will need at least 6 entrants for prize eligibility. Less than that, it's purely for honour.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:04 am

I don't have any really cool displays set up...just the figures standing there looking at me. No room for big battles or anything like that. Crying or Very sad One day.

I'll just post the pics from my collection thread, everything is still pretty much the same:

Loungeroom

Ghostbusters had to move out of here as the Smurf numbers swelled lately. The MU shelf & WWE shelf were swapped.

Bedroom shelves 1

Bedroom shelves 2

Muppets moved out of that area as MOTUC needed the whole top shelf

Muppets moved into the spare room...which is mainly just storage, but I worked a few displays in over the last year.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi,
if I want to enter pictures of my display do I need to re-post pics recently placed in my 'Toy Cave' in the Shelf Life section? I could probably take 2 (or 3) cross section pics of the whole lot but you wouldn't see a lot of detail that way. Any suggestions. Smile

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

Number of posts : 304
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Def repost your dio's, as they look terrific!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I don't think I should upload the full pics here, they're huge. :/

Post by Gevaudin on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey guys,

I think my junk might be too big to display properly here. :/ I've put sorta banner pics up from my main displays, but figured I'd have some full shots up on flickr or something.

Some full collection (well, except Smurfs, Empire Strikes Back, other stuff... >_<) shots here.

The album has scaled down pics, and I took a few more wonky ones with detail... let me know if anyone is interested in seeing some better pics up. >_<

I also discovered in posting this that I've never apparently used the image stuff for the forums... I'm so noob. >_<

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Jor-El Collection

Post by Jor-El on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long to post my pics. Been trying to get it all set up after sourcing a number of Ikea Detolf cabinets from gumtree of late (have managed to score 4 for a combined total of $185, which is pretty good given that they cost $170 new). Here they are. I'll extend posting for this award until Friday, Dec 2 (end of the day), to give people a bit more time to take part. Need at least another 3 people to post display pics for prizes to be viable, so get those pics in!

I don't have everything on display. Just don't have the room to do it any more (damn kids!). Would love to get my LOTR figures out of storage, and have sold off a lot of stuff over the years (had a crapload of WWE figures, Star Wars figures, Transformers Alternators, movie figures, Marvel Legends, DC Direct, Simpsons, Family Guy at various stages). For me, it's been about refinement rather than volume. What I have now is pretty much stuff that is special to me and really the heart of my tastes as a collector.

I give you... the Jor-El collection...

The entire collection in one shot, sorry about the crap quality picture (kind of a referring theme I like to call "the Jor-El effect"):

MP Starscream and Alternators Hound with some DK figs and a Routh Superman in background (DK figs will get moved to their own display when the HT Keaton Batman is out):

The top shelf - MOTUC Heroes... some small notes: Have put the front piece of the vintage Grayskull in front of the expanded 200X Grayskull... think it makes it more epic and more nooks to display figures from... the vintage one is the one I had when I was a kid... managed to score a new front door from eBay and awaiting the display ledge for the larger tower to arrive; Map of Eternia and Etheria in background... just put up. Will probably take them down as I'd like to frame them at some point; Have used Wink from the Hellboy II figures as a companion to Vikor (who, yes, is holding a severed Megator head :p). Was rifiling through my storage stuff and realised I still had him and I always liked the figure, so thought he'd fit in well; Have used Icarius's unmasked head as Snoutspout's head... I like the idea of him being more of a heroic fireman who uses a special mask rather than some sad abomination created by Hordak. He can be Icarius's brother :p; King Grayskull is standing on the tower that came with Marvel Select Elektra. Works well, as the "E" can stand for Eternia! Wink Plus it has a compartment to store any non-used accessories!:

The next level - more MOTUC... the Royal Family, with MS Dr Doom's throne as the Royal Throne; Skeletor and his minions. Old Skull Face is sitting on, surprise surprise, MS Mephisto's throne and is hold a sword that came with some figure I picked up while trying to find a weapon for Tytus (who is now brandishing a large axe I scored from some crap Warlands figure, I think). Anyway, Gevaudin probably knows what figure the sword is from. It has faces on it, so I call it the Sword of Souls; Some more villains, with a modfieid Snake Mountain (same one from my kidhood) in the background; and the Horde, with Keldor wearing a Horde band and sanding in the archway that I removed from the Snake Mountain backdrop so it could fit :p:

Down a level, and it's MOTU 200X. Still spewing NECA never got to release Faker, as he's way too much for me to eBay for:

Next level, we start with iconic 80s (well, a lot of my stuff is based on that era!), with some MP Transformers, the NECA Turtles, Astro Boy and MOC Thundercats Classics in the back. They just look good in that black packaging with the TC logo!:

We then have Ghostbusters, with the 4 Busters from Mattel, while Slimer, Stay Puft and Terror Dogs are from NECA. I long for an Ecto-1 to go with the Busters...:

Muppets are next. Miss this line so much (and would love to one day be able to get the replicas):

Rounding off the level are my hardcore movie characters... not very noticeable are the Predator at the back right, Uma and Tarantino from Kill Bill in front of him, and Rocky behind Hellboy. Looking forward to NECA's Rocky figs though!:

Final level are comic book heroes and villains, firstly it's DC characters (I'm a DC Direct man, sorry guys):

Next two sections are my Superman figures. Couldn't fit all of them in unfortunately. Eagerly awaiting the HT Chris Reeve!:

Finally spot are Marvel Legends characters. Just the iconic ones for me these days:

Next to the Detolf cabinets is a DST DeLorean (first BTTF movie version, I do have the 2nd movie one as well, but it's in storage... my son "broke" one of the wheels in that it doesn't sit firmly when in flight mode, but only a minor flaw). We have a lazy susan that doesn't get used, so the DeLorean can be turned, showroom style!:

Finally, on our DVD (with very dated DVDs, can't remember the last one I bought) cabinet are some small Toy Story figures I got on clearance from Toyworld, along with Wall-E and Eve... would like to get some more Pixar figures to add to them; Some Mr. Men figurines bought a while ago when K-Mart were selling them; and some Mario Gashapons that I've either paid for in Aussie stores (rip off) or scored from Hong Kong eBay stores (bargain!):

So that's all folks! A meagre collection but still a treasured one. Would have liked to get my boy's Toy Story toys in a group shot... he just got Lotso from my parents during their recent US trip, and I've got Bullseye for him for Christmas. But Jessie has gone walkabout and he's also staying at his grandparents' (wife's parents) tonight, with Lotso. So it's just me, Buzz and Woody having a drink or two on the couch.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Damn you, I kinda feel I should put better/more pics up now to actually compete. Razz Also, that first pic kinda reminds me of that wedding we shot. Very Happy

Oh, and if anyone was wondering about that Skelly sword, it came with War from Darkstalkers, which I think might have been an EB preorder bonus, but I've seen a few of them floating around now.

(And you're not fooling anyone with your boxed TCs, you're so going to resell. Razz )

Gevaudin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 pm

And I'm sorry Jor nice collection and all but you cannot call him Tytus if he isn't holding his super trans-galactic vacuum weapon.....without it he is just 12" Triple H in Conan variant costume guy geek

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:49 am

Lol. That vacuum got binned the minute I got Tightarse. Then began the search for a decent weapon replacement, which took the best part of a year. :p

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Magnificent display Jor-El.
The following is some of mine - a lot already seen in my Toy Cave but some new angles as well. Smile

Ill start with some Marvel Universe

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Next my DC Universe collection

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:16 pm

My Marvel Legends

Fantastic Four

X-Men

Avengers with Iron Man

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Spidey and Co.

Punishers, Ghost Riders etc.
Watch this space early New Year

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Some very cool displays u fellas have shown here, and mine is probably too late, but heres some shots of the bulk displays I've got.

Only recently have some become as organised as what you see, but its still a Loooooong ways from being how want it to be!! =-)

Last edited by Sam on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : anyone know how to punctuate my stuff =-))

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:17 pm

The glass cabinets are what is most organised.

The under house gi joe / marvel legends / star wars / japanese figures is still a long ways from being sorted properly! But a lot of this has been in storage for several years, waiting for me to build my man lair under the house !!bwahahahah!

but its really hard to photograph the wide angle in such a small walkway bit, so sorry for the lackluster photoskillz!

I look forward to making proper diorams for everything I can!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Damn Sam, I think I know where my vote may be heading. >_<

You guys are putting me to shame. Sad

Gevaudin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Wow, Sam that is incredible!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Holy F*** Sam!
now i know the shock people feel when they walk into my toyroom.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Sam that's like a toy store , cool collection man.

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:34 pm

$&@# me Sam, what do you do for a living??? That's insane!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top