When did you guys start collecting and why do you collect figures or etc?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by sher1888 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:08 am

I started collecting when I was a kid and collecting from X-men, Batman (movies and animated series), Congo, Aliens, Thundercats, Macross , Spawn and many more.I stopped collecting in High school but when I saw those Marvel Movies, I started collecting Marvel Legends (which was too late).

sher1888

Number of posts : 779
Trading Status : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you guys start collecting and why do you collect figures or etc?

Post by Otter on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:21 am

I had toys when I was a kid, I didnt really collect. I read comics at High School and stopped when I went to uni.
The marvel movies started coming out I pulled out my old comics and read them. I was looking in the action figure aisle section and saw a ML Beast from series 4. I thought these are cool, they actually look like the characters, not like the old figures that all came out of the same mould, just a different colour.
I got on the internet and found this website (Cant remember the old name for it) and found out about the variants and chase figures. At the time ML were in mass retail and figure hunting was fun. Then they stopped coming here and I have slowed down collecting. Still read comics though.

This weekend I am converting the garage to become my man cave and I will set all my figures up again. I still like em its just not as much fun as it used to be since mass retail dont carry them.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:42 am

I still got a long way to go from collecting it. I found some figures of the variants are good compared to the standard ones e.g. wasp ,Captain marvel , Thor buster (destroyer).Its a pain to purchase rare ones like deadpool, collosus, rogue or even hawkeye.I just hope someone else would make it instead of Hasbro, those Toybiz version are good .

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:04 am

Toy biz were great, good price, good figures, comics with them. But hopefully the new Hasbro ones will be good.

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Think I started collecting when I was 16 or so... before that, they were just my toys, I guess. Smile I actually sold every toy I had at about 14, except for a few stuffed in a toybox. One day I dusted em off and stood em up in my room, thought they were kinda cool... wasn't much there, like an Orko and a He-Man on a BattleCat or something, pretty much... but then I sorta realised I missed my toys, and even if I wasn't going to play with them, I still kinda liked to have them... I was always a sucker for He-Man and Transformers in particular. I then added a bit of Marvel stuff, some Star Wars, and bam... toys everywhere.

For me, collecting is a few things... it is a reminder of what I loved as a kid, it is something I can share with my kids now (gives us lots of shows and stuff we can watch together), and in a few cases it is a chance to get something I always wanted as a kid but just couldn't get.

Keeps me young, I guess. Smile Oh, and intimidates the crap out of people who come to my house who aren't into toys... so win win. Very Happy

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:12 am

Well said Gevaudin.
I think we all went through that phase as a young teen and deciding to give all our toys to charity or something because only kids play with toys. And then later regretting it very much.
I gave away a whole bunch of starwars stuff that I wish Id kept. Luckily my Mum kept my MOTU, transformers and lego which her grand kids play with when they visit.

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sher1888 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:05 am

Gevaudin wrote:Think I started collecting when I was 16 or so... before that, they were just my toys, I guess. Smile I actually sold every toy I had at about 14, except for a few stuffed in a toybox. One day I dusted em off and stood em up in my room, thought they were kinda cool... wasn't much there, like an Orko and a He-Man on a BattleCat or something, pretty much... but then I sorta realised I missed my toys, and even if I wasn't going to play with them, I still kinda liked to have them... I was always a sucker for He-Man and Transformers in particular. I then added a bit of Marvel stuff, some Star Wars, and bam... toys everywhere.

For me, collecting is a few things... it is a reminder of what I loved as a kid, it is something I can share with my kids now (gives us lots of shows and stuff we can watch together), and in a few cases it is a chance to get something I always wanted as a kid but just couldn't get.

Keeps me young, I guess. Smile Oh, and intimidates the crap out of people who come to my house who aren't into toys... so win win. Very Happy

He-man is a toy that i would want to collect seeing my cousin has all of it even the boxes still exist (the first toys) and star wars too ( I only collected the 12 inch figs).I love that classic Transformers compared to the new ones.I am sucker for that marvel legends Very Happy .I am not going to collect all of it just the ones that characters that I have read in comics or animated series.

sher1888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top